Renee Fleming Replacment

James Kerrigan2
#1Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 8/16/18 at 11:24am

Does anybody know who is replacing Renee Fleming when she leaves Carousel on September 2nd?

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#2Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 8/16/18 at 11:25am

An understudy. I dont see a point of bringing in a new person, to just close in two weeks.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

KFC1991
#3Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 8/16/18 at 11:27am

My guess is the understudy who currently plays the high school principal at the end will move up to Nettie.

James Kerrigan2
#4Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 9/3/18 at 9:21am

I wonder why they haven't put Rosina's name on the website yet are they gonna make a new playbill or just keep printing understudy slips?

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#5Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 9/3/18 at 11:50am

I found Renee Flemming's performance an embarrassment of "look at me I'm an Opera Diva" Almost anyone who replaces her would be an improvement. 

Don't get me started on the misguided Carousel where Billy and Julie Jordon had no chemistry whatsoever.  

Updated On: 9/3/18 at 11:50 AM

Broadwaystar2
#6Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 9/3/18 at 12:07pm

goldenboy said: "I found Renee Flemming's performance an embarrassment of "look at me I'm an Opera Diva" Almost anyone who replaces her would be an improvement.

Don't get me started on the misguided Carousel where Billy and Laurie had no chemistry whatsoever.
"

I'm not sure what Carousel you saw where there was a character named "Laurie". Her name is JULIE JORDAN. So before you try to disrespect anyone on a Broadway stage by your witty comments. Know what you're talking about first!

Broadwaystar2
#7Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 9/3/18 at 12:08pm

Rosena Jackson will replace her.

Updated On: 9/3/18 at 12:08 PM

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#8Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 9/3/18 at 2:42pm

no disrepect. Just an informed opinion. And you are correct, her name is Julie Jordon and I corrected that. 

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#9Renee Fleming Replacment
Posted: 9/3/18 at 4:23pm

Broadwaystar2 said: "goldenboy said: "I found Renee Flemming's performance an embarrassment of "look at me I'm an Opera Diva" Almost anyone who replaces her would be an improvement.

Don't get me started on the misguided Carousel where Billy and Laurie had no chemistry whatsoever.
"

I'm not sure what Carousel you saw where there was a character named "Laurie". Her name is JULIE JORDAN. So before you try to disrespect anyone on a Broadway stage by your witty comments. Know what you're talking about first!
"

I hate stupid arguments like this.  It's stupid.  GoldenBoy got a character name wrong, that doesn't take away his VERY VALID POINT that the leads have ZERO chemistry and it sinks the production like a stone in a river.  It's  

Broadway World's Fireman.