News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mikew3

mikew3 Profile Photo
Member Name: mikew3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs for a father/daughter or non-romantic older man/younger woman?
 Sep 21 2017, 02:40:51 PM

"I Don't Need Anything But You" from Annie

"Friendship" from Anything Goes

"Together Wherever We Go" from Gypsy

BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official
 Sep 9 2017, 02:52:34 PM

SomethingPeculiar said: "By the way, I can't figure out how to link the video itself, but they've put out a new video on the Hello Dolly Facebook page in the same crazy style as the "what more do you need to know" commercial...I REALLY hope they don't use this on actual TV."

Seriously, that video is so freaking creepy. It feels like he has Bernadette Peters locked up in his basement or something

BERNADETTE is DOLLY - official
 Sep 7 2017, 09:21:41 PM

brettarnett said: "I'm sure it is nothing, but this won't help the rumors of Patti's jealousy of Bernadette.

Patti wanted to replace in SUNDAY but Sondheim didn't like her voice for the score.

Patti was almost cast as the Witch in the original INTO THE WOODS but negotiations broke down and Bernadette ended up "getting everything I was denied."

Patti lobbied herself as a replacement Desire in the Nunn revival of A LITTLE NIGHT

CAROUSEL Broadway Revival Officially Set for Spring 2018
 Sep 5 2017, 12:02:30 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "With the 6 week preview period, maybe they're working the show to not make Billy as bad as he is??? But. If Joshua Henry doesn't have a problem with it, I don't. I'm just here for the score and casting anyway."

Yeah, if they were doing any rewrites, they definitely would have announced that by now. And even if they were, there's only so much you can do to that character cause, I mean, the whole point of the show is that he'

Sep 5 2017, 10:49:25 AM

somethingwicked said: "That is a blindingly white principal cast for a production with an African-American actor playing Billy Bigelow.

What a disappointment.
"

I mean, to be honest, I kinda have to take this person's side here. I'm not saying this is intentional or that it's gonna ruin the production, but it does feel a little tone deaf to cast the ONLY African American man in your otherwise all white principal cast as the most notorious abuser

Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
 Sep 4 2017, 04:52:05 PM

I always thought Denée would be great as either Sarah in Guys and Dolls or Carrie in Carousel.

Sep 2 2017, 06:53:28 PM

AC126748 said: "Call_me_jorge said: "I could see carousel winning all the acting awards withthe revival and all the tech awards going to MFL."

You realize these aren't the only two shows on Broadway this season, right?
"

Yeah, but they're the only two that've been announced so far that are actually worth anyone's time

Bright Star LA Cast
 Sep 2 2017, 06:46:50 PM

Cusack lost to Cynthia Erivo, not Kelli O'Hara

What Show Have You Dreamt About (With You As A Cast Member)?
 Aug 13 2017, 12:18:31 AM

I once had a dream I had to step in for someone playing Tony in West Side Story and I knew the score and could fake my way through the dialogue, but didn't know any of the staging so whenever I had to move a stagehand had to run out and push me around to where I needed to be.

Misery: The Musical
 Oct 19 2013, 02:50:52 PM
For a while now I've been searching for the demo recording of "Misery: The Musical" (a musical by Jeff Hockhauser and Bob Johnson based on Stephen King's novel "Misery")but I have not been able to find it. It's one of my favorite books and I'm really curious how the musical version of it works, so if anyone out there has the recording and sends it to me or a link to download it you will automatically become my favorite person in the world.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You