Dreamcast the Great Comet cast

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 2:51pm

What shows would you like to see them do post Comet?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

ElphabaGoodman
#2Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 2:53pm

Amber Gray as Angelica in Hamilton!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#3Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 3:06pm

ElphabaGoodman said: "Amber Gray as Angelica in Hamilton!"

Beat me to it! I could also see Denée as any Schuyler sister.

Somebody suggested in a recent thread that Lucas Steele could play Bobby in Company, and THAT is fascinating casting.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#4Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 3:30pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "ElphabaGoodman said: "Amber Gray as Angelica in Hamilton!"

YES PLEASE. Also Sally Bowles.

"I could also see Denée as any Schuyler sister."

Eliza, I think would be best. Maybe I'm just saying that because Soo played Natasha and Eliza, so I think of them as linked.

"Somebody suggested in a recent thread that Lucas Steele could play Bobby inCompany, and THAT is fascinating casting."

Ooh, gotta be honest, I really hate that idea. I just had like a visceral negative reaction to the idea of him as Bobby. I don't know why. I mean, to each their own. It would certainly be a bold move, but I think I'd sit that one out. 

I don't particularly care for Brittain Ashford, but I think she would make a good Girl in Once. 

No roles immediately spring to my mind for Grace McLean, but I'm very excited to see what she does next. I think she is excellent. 

Call_me_jorge
#5Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 3:32pm

Lucas Steele as the Emcee in Cabaret could be something special

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#6Dreamcast the Great Comet cast

Grace McLean as Rose in "Gypsy" please!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

Call_me_jorge
#7Dreamcast the Great Comet cast

Also Benton as Eliza in MFL

loveinnewyorkcity Profile Photo
loveinnewyorkcity
#8Dreamcast the Great Comet cast

I just want Amber Gray to play everything role in everything. She has such star quality. What a talent.

CorkySt.Clair Profile Photo
CorkySt.Clair
#9Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 3:53pm

CindersGolightly said: "Grace McLean as Rose in "Gypsy" please!"

Yes!! I almost put this on a general dreamcast thread a few months ago, but her voice would be so perfect for the role. The way she starts out "In My House" with the quieter but menacing voice would do wonders in Gypsy. 

asoftplacetoland Profile Photo
asoftplacetoland
#10Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 3:55pm

I don't know but I'm hoping Denée Benton has a long career of awesome, inspiring roles. She's amazing. Not to mention, beautiful. Am I the only one who could see her as Jenna in Waitress?? That might just be a weird thought. It could be a chance for her to show off her comic side. Certainly would be cool to have a POC play Jenna, regardless. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#11Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 4:03pm

loveinnewyorkcity said "I just want Amber Gray to play everything role in everything. She has such star quality. What a talent."

100% agree. She can effortlessly play a broken character which is trying to keep her sh*t together, which makes me want to dreamcast her in the most complicated female roles on stage. Off the top of my head, Lady Day At Emerson's Bar & Grill, Dangerous Liaisons, Shug Avery in a rewritten Color Purple which is truer to the book, etc. More than anything, however, I want her to play another Helen - in a diverse Fun Home (opposite Brian Victor Dixon or Leslie Odom Jr.'s Bruce).

Lucas Steele - well... for purely selfish reasons, Rocky in Rocky Horror Show. He'd be a killer King George III in Hamilton. Steven Kodaly, perhaps?

Denee - did anyone say it's time for an Aida revival?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.
Updated On: 9/3/17 at 04:03 PM

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#12Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 4:11pm

I don't think Denee has the range for many of those roles. While very talented, her range seems limited. Her Eliza in Hamilton would be perfect.

As for Grace and Amber, I'll most likely see anything they're in. Lucas has an amazing and unique voice that I can't immediately think of any role that fits him (sort of like Grace). This is also true for Brittain. Great cast that had roles almost tailor made for them. Missing it already.

Margo319
#13Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 4:11pm

Josh Canfield as the Emcee in Cabaret.  

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#14Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 5:15pm

Lucas Steele as Kodaly is an incredible idea! He'd be a scene-stealer for sure, and Anatole and Kodaly aren't that different in personality. He could easily garner a nomination in that role (still incredibly baffled Gavin was not nominated last year).

Denee would be so wonderful in so many roles, but my top ones are Irene Molloy and Eliza (MFL). She has a lot of comedic potential, and her voice is quite lovely. She could very well play a more dreamy, naive Irene ( I adore Kate's portrayal, but I think Irene can be interpreted many different ways), and bring a younger aspect to the character as well. Eliza is a no-brainer. I'm sure Ambrose will be good, but I can't help but long for Denee to play Eliza sometime. Not to  mention she'd absolutely slay both Ribbons and I Could've Dance All Night. 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#16Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 6:06pm

Lucas Steele as Freddy in My Fair Lady

Amber Gray as Charlotte in A Little Night Music or The Witch in Into the Woods or Mary in Merrily We Roll Along or Dot in Sunday in the Park with George.  Honestly, I would really like to see her in a Sondheim show.

Grace Mclean as Eva Peron

Brittain Ashford as Jenna in Waitress

The Josh Profile Photo
The Josh
#17Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 6:45pm

Lauren Zakrin as Ariel in The Little Mermaid!  Maybe with Grace McLean as Ursula :)

CorkySt.Clair
#18Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 6:50pm

Dear Lord, I'd pay a million bucks to see Amber as the Witch!!

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#19Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 9:44pm

I have to echo Grace as Rose, Denée as Eliza (MFL), and Amber as The Witch at some point. I'm not a big Into the Woods fan but that's just...perfect. Like others have said I'll see anything and everything they're in, though. I also think Amber would make an amazing Diana in Next to Normal down the road (though I'm not positive she has the range). 

For some reason I feel like Paul Pinto would make a really good Ogie in Waitress? I honestly can't tell you why though. 

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#20Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 10:29pm

I was the one who said Lucas Steele in Company and ... why not? Part of the "problem" of Company is that it's focused on one character who on the surface doesn't seem all that special. But Lucas has charisma to burn and so the whole musical would make sense. 

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#21Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 10:37pm

Ever since I saw him singing a small part of it on his Instagram story once, Blaine Krauss as Lola in Kinky Boots. Also, Fiyero in Wicked. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#22Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 10:42pm

I must say that I don't see Lucas as Bobby at all.  He just doesn't seem right for it and he wouldn't have the financial pull that Bobby would require for a Broadway production of Company to be successful.  I could definitely see him elsewhere in the cast and I think he would be sensational in Into the Woods as the Prince.  I don't think Bobby is quute right for him though.

Elfuhbuh Profile Photo
Elfuhbuh
#23Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 3:33am

Something about Lucas Steele's voice makes me think he'd make a great Phantom. When's James Barbour leaving?

"Was uns befreit, das muss stärker sein als wir es sind." -Tanz der Vampire

jbird5
#24Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 5:13am

Any parts for Gelsey Bell?

Maybe Louise in Gypsy?

Updated On: 9/4/17 at 05:13 AM

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#25Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 8:10am

Gelsey could be a pretty good Betty in Sunset Boulevard. Maybe Brenda Song or Marian Paroo too.

CorkySt.Clair
#26Dreamcast the Great Comet cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 9:23am

Ok, so not necessarily a typical dreamcast, but I'm in love with the hypothetical War and Peace trilogy that I think (?) was on Dave Malloy's board or something...

Anyway, I'd love for them to keep the same cast (there'd be a lot more for characters like Andrey and Mary to do) and give the other characters to the ensemble members (rest of the Rostovs, Denisov, Boris and Julie, Annas Mikaylovna and Pavlovna, Kutuzov, Napoleon, the Tsar, etc). Obviously I don't know the music and such so I can't put names to characters but I'd die to see that. Maybe some of the roles could be gender-swapped cuz there are so many more guys than girls...