Bright Star LA Cast

broadwayboy222 Profile Photo
broadwayboy222
#1Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 2:35pm

Anyone know when the rest of the cast will be announced?? Anxiously awaiting as I am considering a trip out to LA for this! ??

Melanie73
#2Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 5:01pm

I'm not sure, but honestly, if you haven't seen the show, I would recommend going to the show simply for the fact that Carmen Cusack will be reprising her role.  She was absolutely amazing in it, and I'm very excited for all my West Coast friends to get to see her beautiful performance.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#3Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 6:13pm

I'm with Melanie. Cusack delivered a star-making performance on B'way. I got there quite late, closing weekend, and was knocked out.  I love Ms. O'Hara, but I would've given Cusack the Tony.  It's a grand, multi-dimensional old school heroine, and Cusack plays it -- including a large age range -- with an effortless mastery.  She also takes the roof off, vocally, starting with the opening number. It ended up being a highlight of the season for me. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

Public User Profile Photo
Public User
#4Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 6:26pm

Should appeal to the great white bubble. 

mikew3 Profile Photo
mikew3
#5Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 6:46pm

Cusack lost to Cynthia Erivo, not Kelli O'Hara

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#6Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 6:48pm

Auggie27 said: "I'm with Melanie. Cusack delivered a star-making performance on B'way. I got there quite late, closing weekend, and was knocked out. I love Ms. O'Hara, but I would've given Cusack the Tony. It's a grand, multi-dimensional old school heroine, and Cusack plays it -- including a large age range -- with an effortless mastery. She also takes the roof off, vocally, starting with the opening number. It ended up being a highlight of the season for me."

Except O'Hara was not even nominated last year. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#7Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/2/17 at 7:52pm

Public User said: "Should appeal to the great white bubble."

?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#8Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/3/17 at 5:55pm

Whoops.  

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#9Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 12:53am

Public User said: "Should appeal to the great white bubble."

I've been called a lot of things, but that may be the rudest!

I'm only going because somebody gave me the tix, so it's free.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#10Bright Star LA Cast
Posted: 9/4/17 at 2:42am

In terms of casting, I think it could be really special if Steve Martin stepped in as the mayor. It would automatically make the show the hot ticket it wasn't in NYC, plus it would be really cool to see Carmen and Steve sharing a stage.

Videos