News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayPer4mer03

Member Name: BroadwayPer4mer03
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Quick audition question  Nov 22 2009, 11:45:57 AM
Hey! Do any of you guys have suggestions of material that would be good for an audition for Jasper in Drood...Im kinda stumped..
SHEET MUSIC HELP  Jun 1 2009, 10:25:47 PM
HI,
does anyone know where I can find either of the following two pieces?

- "Curiousity" from See What I Wanna See

- "Dance With Me" from Smokey Joe's Cafe (and no, it was not in the vocal selections book)

any help would be great!

Chenoweth to guest on 'Glee', says EW.com  May 20 2009, 04:34:27 PM
Well, according to Entertainment Weekly's review of "Glee", Kristin will guest at some point during the season. Scroll to the bottom of the review..its in the last paragraph:

glad to see a great review too!

Bye Bye Birdie Audition  Apr 17 2009, 07:21:53 PM
well, its certainly possible. im guessing that they will dance the people at the callbacks next week..however they only called back potential hugos, kims, and ursulas...so. after next weeks callback they will probably call additional people to dance for ensemble and/or sing again. however, i would assume that they would only pick from the people who had initial principal callbacks from the past week or so. but ya never know!
Bye Bye Birdie Audition  Apr 16 2009, 10:56:59 PM
i was there at the callback today.

didnt get called back. still a great experience. they gave me a lot of compliments which was nice and i got to read the entire scene and did my entire song. a lot of kids were asked to leave after their song or they were cut off half way through their reading.

maybe 5 kids, TOPS got called back today. and i was there for nearly 2 12 hours. a few ppl said they werent giving ensemble callbacks yet..and that they wouldnt start giving dance callba

Bye Bye Birdie Audition  Apr 8 2009, 11:48:15 PM
yeah exactly..the people they have been calling back seemed to be generally younger..so??
Bye Bye Birdie Audition  Apr 8 2009, 11:38:18 PM
hmm...weird..

why would they announce that in a personal email??

Bye Bye Birdie Audition  Apr 6 2009, 07:15:12 PM
only ten....really? the original cast was massive..

thanks for the info though!

Bye Bye Birdie Audition  Apr 6 2009, 06:45:03 PM
well i have heard there are multiple.

i went to the open call on the 4th, got a callback for hugo and was told to come back on the 14th. but my friend who got called back for ursula was told to come back on the 16th.

the sides they gave the "hugos" was a scene between him and kim...so im assuming they will be seeing kims and hugos on the 14th and conrads and ursulas on the 16th (?). who knows?!

anyone know how many they are planning on casting?!

re: Hair Reviews  Mar 31 2009, 07:41:27 PM
ergh kinda upset that variety thought sasha allen was "a disappointment"...

I THINK SHES FIERCE.

but at least the reviews are getting better!

Mamma Mia Takes Second Place at Box Office  Jul 20 2008, 01:23:09 PM
USA Today reports that Mamma Mia will take second place at the box office earning a total of 27.6 million which apparently is 3 million more than Mamma Mia was projected to make in its opening weekend. The article mainly talks about Dark Knight but it at the end metions the other box office figures.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2008-07-20-boxoffice_N.htm

re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?  Jun 28 2008, 12:46:02 AM
I really hope she doesn't do the Happy Days tour..she deserves so much better.
Little Shop @ Papermill  Jun 15 2008, 11:22:17 AM
I was filled with suprise when I left the Papermill Playhouse after attending a performance of Little Shop. The showed that played more like a Universal ride attraction on Broadway, managed to be more vibrant, delightful, and entertaining at the Papermill Playhouse, which ironically has just 22 seats less than the Virginia Theater. The spectacular opening number which starts with the three ronnetes slowly ascending out of a fog-covered and brilliantly light stage prepares the audience for an
re: Riedel's Tony Pix  Jun 13 2008, 06:01:31 PM
I really hope ITH takes Best Score and Best Musical. Passing Strange is bland yet pretentious and overrated. Passing Strange isnt "art". Neither is ITH. But ITH deserves it. MUCH MORE ENJOYABLE and a great acheivement. Yes, the story is so-so but the score is SENSATIONAL. But hey, thats just coming from a guy who refuses to count SUNDAY and its leading actor/actress out of the competition.
re: Cry Baby Reviews  Apr 24 2008, 08:34:28 PM

Variety is up - Mixed to Negative

"As the title character memorably told his good-girl-gone-bad sweetheart in John Waters' 1990 movie, "You got it, Allison. You got it raw." But one problem for "Cry-Baby" was that the underground trashmeister's rebel rawness was diluted into benign, kitschy satire in his attempt to follow "Hairspray" with a further step toward the mainstream. So it's perhaps not surprising that watered-down Waters has yielded a flavorless Broadway musical

re: SOUTH PACIFIC Reviews...  Apr 3 2008, 09:57:13 PM
Estatic to hear the positive notices! I am glad that the leads, supporting, and even ensemble cast are getting attention they deserve.

this season's revivals are FIERCE and i LOVE it. Honestly, all three (Gypsy, Sunday, and SP) are fair game for many awards come Tony night and deservingly so. The "best musical" category is going to be a bore compared to the revival category.

re: Side Show vs. Sunset Boulevard (March Madness, Round 2, game 4)  Mar 18 2008, 09:58:45 PM
SIDE SHOW
re: Gypsy marquee  Jan 27 2008, 02:08:59 PM
a limited run of The Grinch.
re: Hairspray Oscar Nom?!  Jan 22 2008, 06:21:10 PM
The "Hairspray" film is overrated. The songs were nothing special. "Enchanted" deserves it nods. I am still shocked that "Hairspray" managed to get Golden Globe nods...
re: Depp Nominated for Best Actor, Sweeney Snubbed  Jan 22 2008, 06:17:21 PM
oh and i agree allthatjazz, amy adams, angelina jolie, and several others all could and SHOULD have been nominated over Cate Blanchett. Also, while I love Laura Linney, I felt like there was more "fresh" unrecognized talent that should have been rewarded with a nod.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You