Amy Spanger: Missing in Action?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#1Amy Spanger: Missing in Action?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 7:00pm

The wonderful Amy Spanger seems to have dropped off the face of the Earth, and hasn't been seen in anything theatrical since the closing of THE WEDDING SINGER almost two years ago.

Has anyone heard what she may be up to?

Hopefully a return to Broadway is in the cards.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 6/27/08 at 07:00 PM

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#2re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 7:14pm

She was in my dream the other night. My parents and I had gone to New York on holiday, and we'd already bought tickets for three shows, but they reckoned we could take in another show, so we went to see 'Cry Baby'. My old drama teacher was directing, and when she saw me, she told me that Amy Spanger had called out, and I was the only one who could possibly play the role.

There's something deeply wrong with my subconscious, and for that, I apologise.

She was on the [title of show] show. re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She? Episode 6, easily my most favouritest YouTube video EVER.

MungoGypsy8232
#2re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 9:00pm

She really needs to get back to the stage. I'm not sure if the reason she's been out of the scene lately is because she just went through a divorce (or is going through, not entirely sure).

withoutlovewithoutU Profile Photo
withoutlovewithoutU
#3re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 9:19pm

I agree that she needs to come back to the stage, she was one of my favorite parts of Wedding Singer.

"If we don't live happily ever after at least we survive until the end of the week!" -Kermit the frog "I need the money... it costs a lot to look this cheap!" -Dolly P. "Oh please, Over at 'Gypsy' Patti LuPone hasn't even alienated her first daughter yet!" Mary Testa in "Xanadu" "...Like a drunk Chita Rivera!" Robin de Jesus in "In the Heights"

"B*tch, I don't know your life." -Xanadu After that if he still doesn't understand why you were uncomfortable and are now infuriated, kick him again but this time with Jazz Hands!!! -KillerTofu

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#4re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 10:16pm

I do agree that she does need to return to the stage soon. I know someone said that she might not be returning to the stage because she was going through a divorce. I was under the impression that the divorce happend a good while ago and that has come and gone. I could be wrong though.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#5re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 10:30pm

NEVER Marry an actor!

Fool around with them, sure, but NEVER marry one!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#6re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 10:39pm

She and Michael C. Hall are getting divorced?

Liverpool Profile Photo
Liverpool
#7re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 10:40pm

She needs to come back, but ONLY if its in something decent. Wedding Singer was such ****.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#8re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/27/08 at 10:40pm

She and Hall have been divorced for a long time. I think. Or at least I thought. I was under the impression that when she was in Wedding Singer she was divorced for a period of time at least.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

BroadwayPer4mer03
#9re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/28/08 at 12:46am

I really hope she doesn't do the Happy Days tour..she deserves so much better.

MungoGypsy8232
#10re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/28/08 at 12:48am

I read somewhere that the divorce happened in 2007.

LadyRosecoe
#11re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/28/08 at 1:29am

Yeah, it was definitely quite a little while ago. No excuses, she's gotta come back!

titleofusername Profile Photo
titleofusername
#12re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/28/08 at 1:41am

I don't know what she's currently doing, but I know she has a very, very, very, very small role in Charlie Kaufman's SYNECDOCHE, NEW YORK....which is going to be beyond brilliant.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE: Passing Strange (7.17.08), [title of show] (7.18.08), [title of show (7.19.08 M), [title of show] (7.19.08 E), The 39 Steps (7.20.08 M), Damn Yankees (7.20.08 E)

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#13re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/28/08 at 1:43am

I know it's nothing major, but I saw her perform with Jeremy Schonfeld a few months ago. So she hasn't fallen off the planet.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#14re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?
Posted: 6/28/08 at 3:08am

I guess I'm in the minority of people who don't really care for her, although I did think she did a wonderful job in the REEFER MADNESS film.
I had no idea she had divorced Michael C. Hall, that sucks re: Amy Spanger: Where Is She?

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Videos