News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kootness

kootness Profile Photo
Member Name: kootness
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Haven Burton as Elle?
 Jan 22 2008, 03:53:08 PM
I saw Haven as Maureen in RENT little while back, and while I do remember her having a strong voice I also remember being fairly displeased with her overall performance. She had a strong voice, however her delivery seemed very dull and empty. She was not at all endearing or likable, both of with i feel are crucial in order to play the role of Elle. She certainly has the look, but I have my doubts about her ability to really nail this role.
re: Depp Nominated for Best Actor, Sweeney Snubbed
 Jan 22 2008, 03:26:51 PM
"Why in the world does a by-the-numbers mediocrity like Enchanted have"Oscar Buzz"? Hairspry was twice the film that Enchanted was. No, ten times."

are you on drugs?

re: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I love Amanda Bynes
 Jul 23 2007, 03:54:08 PM
Let's not kid ourselves Amanda Bynes is a terrible actress. There is nothing even slightly believable about any performance she has ever given (What I Like About You, Shes the Man) but somehow I think she always pulls it off. She is completely ridiculous, but very amusing and likeable. I see her as someone who doesnt try to be anything she's not, she embraces her ridiculousness. In Hairspray she had ver very few lines, but I thought she really stood out. She was cute and dopey, and did exactly w
re: Wicked Casting Game
 Sep 24 2006, 01:58:17 AM
I hope we are to assume you are casting the Tom Cruise of 10 or so yrs ago, not the crazy guy who jumps on couches and buys fake babies...
re: Sara Ramirez guest host on the view
 Sep 21 2006, 12:18:45 AM
I saw a little bit of the show, And Sara looked great. I think shes been looking kinda rough on Greys Anatomy, but she looks muuuuuch better minus the scrubs. And good god those women know how to dominate a conversation, poor Sara. P.S. Elisabeth is a tool.
re: RENT Tour
 Sep 18 2006, 11:13:55 PM
I agree bemeonbway, I thought collins was EXTREMELY emotional when I saw him. Maybe he just had an off night when the others saw him. He really was my favorite part of the show. And i agree about Roger being the skinny one he was sooooo lanky.
re: Movie Musical
 Sep 18 2006, 04:52:25 PM
The Wizard of Oz, Mary Poppins, Chicago, Rent(in spite of its flaws)Moulin Rouge to an extent.
re: Pics from revamped Rapunzel, Cheno is in Reese is out.
 Sep 18 2006, 04:46:48 PM
Hahaha. I agree, and I really kind of like my ears. And I would hate never being able to wear glasses again.
re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
 Sep 17 2006, 11:53:59 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I understand capitalizing in a pattern like tHis 'cause is obviously adorable but I've never seen just the first letters done...
re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
 Sep 17 2006, 10:19:29 PM
If people want to bash who cares? Actor/actresses obviously know their performances are being critiqued, and that is what we are doing here. We didn't say Idina in an ugly whore and I heard she bites her toe nails. We are merely commenting on her performances.
re: Idina Menzel Performing 'My Strongest Suit'
 Sep 17 2006, 03:14:21 PM
I agree that Idina is talented but I MUCH prefer Sherie's voice for this song.
re: RENT Tour
 Sep 17 2006, 02:09:14 AM
SweetQ did you see Ano Okera as Angel? I really didn't enjoy him at all and Angel is my favorite character
re: Ashlee Simpson in costume as Roxie
 Sep 17 2006, 01:38:54 AM
Where the hell can I get the number of this girl's plastic surgeon? Seriously. I am amazed. Instead of wasting her time pretending to be a singer she should have a one woman show involving nose tricks. Or become a nose model...maybe in nasal spray and nose ring ads. P.S. i want papa Joe Simpson to buy me a nose like hers. End of obsessive nose rave.
re: Behind the Scenes: Spamalot's Lauren Kennedy on Becoming a Diva
 Sep 17 2006, 01:31:37 AM
Wow, what a difference makeup and some red hair makes. She looked fantastic in costume, but she certainly doesn't come off as much of a "diva" regardless.
re: Broadway replacements landing the film version...
 Sep 13 2006, 03:46:53 AM
That's kind of a Carol and Greg Brady thing.

hahahahaha

re: RENT U.S. Tour
 Sep 11 2006, 01:51:29 AM
I saw the tour in Philadelphia, and it wasn't bad, but it's certainly not as great as it could be. The only cast member to really blow me away was Warren G. Nolan as Collins. His "I'll cover you" (reprise) was heartbreaking. Mark was decent, but not overwhelmingly impressive and Roger's voice worked but his appearance didnt read "rocker" for a single second. Angel couldn't come close to handling his part vocally. Maureen and Joanne were both handled pretty well, but i kind of miss the days when
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You