News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bandit964

bandit964 Profile Photo
Member Name: bandit964
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: JB

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sweeney – Reviews  Apr 9 2023, 10:41:30 PM

Was anyone at this afternoon's performance and notice a set piece malfunction? 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Did the box delivering Sweeney's new chair at the top of Act II break?  It seems like the wire broke off the crane when lifting the box off of the chair once the chair was set in place.

Dana H closing November 13, Is This a Room November 14  Oct 26 2021, 02:32:50 PM

JSquared2 - another great idea to think about!!  I just would hate partial-view, and I tend to get those when I rush.  I don't think I've ever had partial-view with TDF.  

But great advice!

Dana H closing November 13, Is This a Room November 14  Oct 26 2021, 02:31:07 PM

Thanks, JBroadway!

I would rather have better value seats.  I remember going to buy tix for a "flash sale" for Frankie and Johnny... and all mezzanine seats were the same price.  I'm not sure why I assumed this would be a similar deal.  They were trying to give me 2nd to last row in the mezz under the overhang.  Probably not a big deal for Dana H, but still wasn't feeling it when almost the whole mezz is empty (this Thurs)

Funny enough, I could sense I was taking a short while at the BO and that someone was waiting behind me so I decided to walk away and contemplate.  The BO attendant said, "the show is closing, so the tickets will go."  I said thank you, but that I would try TDF.  I turned around and there was Emily Davis who said, "Don't worry - I'm in the show, and I can't secure tickets either!"  Wonder if they're being stingy on discounts.  I also had a sense she was echoing my feelings about the attitude of the BO attendant.  Maybe also upset from the closing notice. 

FWIW, the woman at the Lyceum BO last week when I picked up tickets to Is This a Room could not have been nicer!

Dana H closing November 13, Is This a Room November 14  Oct 26 2021, 01:51:19 PM

Anyone have any good discount codes for the BO? 

The one floating on IG was able to get me 2nd to last row in an almost empty mezzanine.  Thinking TDF might be my best option here unless anyone knows any good codes.

Favorite Shows of 2020  Dec 27 2020, 11:30:37 PM

Only saw 4 shows this year, but loved all 4.  If I had to rank them:

4. The Sound Inside

3. Medea

2. Is This a Room

1. Dana H.

Renovations While Theatres Are Closed  Aug 4 2020, 09:45:03 AM

I'm not sure if this was announced before re: the Cort:

"The Shubert Organization has partnered with Berg + Moss Architects to design and construct a 49-story hotel adjacent to the historic Cort Theatre at 138 West 48th Street in Midtown, Manhattan. Proposed actions also include rehabilitation of the theatre and the construction of a five-story annex that would contain a portion of the new hotel component and back-of-house theatre spaces. ... "

https://www.newyorkyimby.com/2020/08/renderings-reveal-proposed-49-story-hotel-at-138-west-48th-street-in-midtown.html 

An updating list of musicals & plays you can now stream online for free  Mar 22 2020, 06:04:37 PM

Are these safe to access?  It brings me to a page that makes me feel like downloading the title will also bring a virus or something...

Also, it seems too good to be true that all of these titles (NTLive) are all of a sudden available.

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 4 2020, 11:16:02 AM

I've probably used TDF over a dozen times now and have never had a partial view seat.  It seems like twice now, someone has reported a partial view seat at The Minutes.  Have I just been lucky?  Does TDF often give partial-view seats?

Claire Foy and Matt Smith to Reunite, on a Brooklyn Stage  Feb 8 2020, 09:38:15 AM

Ghosts at BAM in 2015 definitely had on-stage seating.  If I remember correctly, they were cheap too. 

Favorite Shows of 2019  Dec 29 2019, 08:37:27 AM
The Jungle

Fairview

Octet

Slave Play

New Broadway Theater  Dec 21 2019, 11:06:24 PM

Other than the facade, the Stephen Sondheim is a brand new theater.

New Broadway Theater  Dec 17 2019, 03:54:34 PM

Every single seat at the Signature (during the initial run) is only $35. 

I see over 20 shows a year and rarely ever pay more than $50 per show.  TDF makes it so almost anyone can qualify to join.  

New Broadway Theater  Dec 14 2019, 10:10:35 AM

It would be really great if, when they inevitably build a new tower next to the Imperial, they carve out space in, say, the 3rd-5th floors for a St. Ann's Warehouse-style/mini-Armory type theater.  It would have a small dedicated lobby opening directly to 45th or 46th with escalators going to a larger lobby upstairs.  

Or maybe on lower levels.  But a flexible space on Broadway would be nice.

JUDGMENT DAY at Park Avenue Armory  Dec 6 2019, 05:38:41 PM
Whoops!

Tried a search but that thread didn't come up. I should've just scrolled down some more!!

Great feedback, JBroadway.

JUDGMENT DAY at Park Avenue Armory  Dec 6 2019, 04:29:01 PM
Anyone catch last night's first preview?

I'm curious to hear how this is received. Both Yerma and The Lehman Trilogy were transfers. This looks like an original "Park Avenue Armory Production."

Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Dec 4 2019, 01:05:58 PM
The Hollywood Reporter's List:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/best-new-york-theater-decade-1258955

Studio 54 seating question  Dec 2 2019, 01:38:12 PM
Is leg room in the front mezzanine any better than legroom in the rear?
Your Top 10 Shows This Decade  Nov 27 2019, 07:51:28 PM
PLAYS:

-Angels in America

-The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

-Fairview

-The Father

-John

-People, Places, and Things

-Three Tall Women

-A View From the Bridge

-Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?

-Yerma

MUSICALS:

-The Band's Visit

-Cabaret

-Fun Home

-Hamilton

-Hello, Dolly!

-Octet

-Oklahoma!

-Pippin

-P

Broadway Real Estate for the 2019-2020 season  Nov 18 2019, 10:57:18 PM
So it looks like 2 theatres left open for sure:

-LYCEUM

-MARQUIS

Possibly:

-BARRYMORE (if The Inheritance doesn't extend)

-NEIL SIMON (if they can get a limited-run in before MJ's 07/06 first preview)

Favorite Off-Broadway Theater?  Oct 4 2019, 08:00:26 AM
The Signature.

Atlantic.

St. Ann's Warehouse.

Lincoln Center.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You