Studio 54 seating question

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#1Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/19/17 at 5:28pm

Hey all,

I just got tickets to see Children of a Lesser God at Studio 54 and our seats are Center Orchestra Row E Seats 107-108. I've seen Cabaret there twice in 2004 and again in 2014 and both times there were tables and benches in the orchestra section. I have to assume they have now reconfigured the seating to the normal style. Is this correct or am I missing something?

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#2Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/19/17 at 5:43pm

you are correct

Caz1012
#3Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/20/17 at 11:07am

I don't know for that specific production but I was just there for Latin History and its regular theater seating now.

Will3700 Profile Photo
Will3700
#4Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/20/17 at 1:27pm

thanks for the info.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#5Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 9:45pm

Bumping this thread to ask for opinions about the railing along the front of the mezzanine. In pics, it appears to be one of the highest in any Broadway theatre. Is it as obtrusive as it looks?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#6Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 9:56pm

All I can is avoid the rear mezzanine unless you are prepared to saw off your legs at the knee as there is zero legroom up there. #neveragain Not sure if front mezzanine is any better.

Updated On: 8/3/18 at 09:56 PM

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#7Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:01pm

Miles2Go2 said: "All I can is avoid the rear mezzanine unless you are prepared to saw off your legs at the knee as there is zero legroom up there. #neveragain Not sure if front mezzanine is any better."

Well, I'm short, so legroom is never an issue for me. However, high railings are. smiley

Yero my Hero Profile Photo
Yero my Hero
#8Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:07pm

Miles2Go is not exaggerating. I am not quite 5’2” and I was cramped in the rear mezz, specifically in the side section.

The front mezz and center rear mezz are somewhat better.

Nothing matters but knowing nothing matters. ~ Wicked
Everything in life is only for now. ~ Avenue Q
There is no future, there is no past. I live this moment as my last. ~ Rent

"He's a tramp, but I love him."

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#9Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:33pm

I was seated in the center rear mezzanine. I was so happy to get my ticket to the latest revival of Cabaret from TKTS. However, this was the only time I have ever gotten up in the middle of an act. And I was mid-row during Act 1. I was in such agony (I’m 6’2” with bad knees) that I was on the verge of tears. I stood in the entryway for remainder of Act 1. Then kind ushers re-seated me in a rear center mezzanine aisle seat at intermission. At least that gave me legroom from the aisle. They gave that seat to me as they gave the previous occupant an usher entryway folding chair because in addition to zero legroom those seats do not accommodate wider body sizes.

ArtMan
#10Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:47pm

When I sat in the last row of the rear mezz, I couldn't stand it.  At intermission, I stated  to the House Manager about the leg room.  She told me no one has ever complained about the leg room prior.   I said either move me or refund my money.  She ended up moving me to an aisle seat which was only slightly better.  Never again.  

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#11Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 10:56pm

Wow. There’s no way you were the first to complain. You were plain old lied to.. The ushers were quite aware of how bad the legroom was. In fact, the only reason they didn’t give me one of their folding chairs was because they had already given them both away to people in the same boat as I was in. The ushers were great my night though. It was because of them I was able to enjoy Act 2.

ArtMan
#12Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 11:02pm

Miles2Go2, This was years ago.  I think it was Harvey.  I knew I wasn't the first person to complain about it.  I wanted to see how far she would go to BS me.  That is why I told her either move me or give me my money back.  They knew then and know now there is no legroom up there.  I wouldn't sit up there with a free ticket.  And I'm cheap!

ArtMan
#13Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 11:02pm

double post

Updated On: 8/3/18 at 11:02 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#14Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/3/18 at 11:06pm

ArtMan said: "Miles2Go2, This was years ago. I think it was Harvey. I knew Iwasn't the first person to complain about it. I wanted to see how far she would go to BS me. That is why I told her either move me or give me my money back. They knew then and know now there is no legroom up there. I wouldn't sit up there with a free ticket. And I'm cheap!"

I agree. I wouldn’t sit up there now for free either. 

smidge
#15Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 8/5/18 at 12:41am

I can't recall at far side left or right orchestra seats, if there is a wall or an aisle. Does anyone remember?

BwayinVan
#16Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/2/19 at 12:50pm

I’m looking to get in on the cyber Monday deal for Caroline or a change. Trying to decide between LL in the orchestra or BB of the front Mezz. Both are in the centre and both $99 with discount.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#17Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/2/19 at 12:52pm

BwayinVan said: "I’m looking to get in on the cyber Monday deal for Caroline or a change. Trying to decide between LL in the orchestra or BB of the front Mezz. Both are in the centre and both $99 with discount."

I've only ever sat in the front center Mezz of Studio 54, but for what it's worth, I thought it was a good seat. 

Lot666 Profile Photo
Lot666
#18Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/2/19 at 1:13pm

BwayinVan said: "I’m looking to get in on the cyber Monday deal for Caroline or a change. Trying to decide between LL in the orchestra or BB of the front Mezz. Both are in the centre and both $99 with discount."

Have you perused the thread for The Sound Inside, which is currently playing at Studio 54? We sat in center orchestra row K, and although it probably would have been better to be closer for The Sound Inside, the view was pretty good and the seating was comfortable. I seem to recall folks complaining about leg room in the mezzanine at Studio 54.

==> this board is a nest of vipers <==

"Michael Riedel...The Perez Hilton of the New York Theatre scene"
- Craig Hepworth, What's On Stage

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#19Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/2/19 at 1:38pm

Is leg room in the front mezzanine any better than legroom in the rear?

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#20Studio 54 seating question
Posted: 12/2/19 at 1:58pm

bandit964 said: "Is leg room in the front mezzanine any better than legroom in the rear?"

Better, but not great. Go for Orchestra if you can.