News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DrowsyBoy1011

DrowsyBoy1011 Profile Photo
Member Name: DrowsyBoy1011
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Fantasia records her version of 'I'm Here'
 Aug 25 2010, 11:51:10 PM
i'm going to start by saying that i'm a huge fan of fantasia so i'm totally biased... but i think it's her best album yet. i got to see her live on the idol tour, and on tour with jamie foxx as well as seeing her three times in "the color purple" on broadway... all of these experiences were AMAZING. i thought her performance in "the color purple" was stunning, and think her recording of "i'm here" is equally as wonderful... i hope the rumors are true about her doing a movie musical adaptation of
re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Aug 25 2010, 10:37:54 PM
i got a signed picture and a signed playbill. as for judi dench, i used the email address for her management company i believe, i got it from a fanmail message board... i'll pm it to you.

has anyone had any luck with sutton at second stage? i would think that i would have gotten a return to sender by now if i wasn't going to get it back...

re: who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Aug 25 2010, 10:28:56 PM
waiting on:
sutton foster (sent to "trust" at second stage theatre... hoping it comes back soon... i LOVE her)
bebe neuwirth (sent mid-june)
vanessa williams (sent mid-june, before sondheim on sondheim closed)
harry connick jr (sent before his broadway concert closed)
katie rose clarke (sent end of july)
jordin sparks (sent last week)
idina menzel (sent last week to address on website)
laura bell bundy (sent last week to address on website)

most

TRUST off broadway... running time?
 Jul 27 2010, 10:51:24 PM
hello... i was just wondering if anyone had been to second stage to see "trust" yet... if so, what's the approximate running time? thanks.
A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S Reopening Tonight
 Jul 20 2010, 10:52:33 PM
any updates from tonights show? is everything falling into place with both of our new leading ladies?
If you could have dinner with any...
 Jun 27 2010, 05:41:53 PM
gavin creel
sutton foster
audra mcdonald
cheyenne jackson
ramin karimloo
sondheim
patti lupone
idina menzel
marc kudisch
kristin chenoweth

Gavin Creel "Quiet" EP NOW on iTunes US!
 Jun 21 2010, 08:55:15 PM
it's on iTunes in the US, and it's amazing. run, don't walk people.
New Show Merchandise?
 Apr 9 2010, 03:11:48 PM
Thanks for the links, especially the American Idiot link, but I sort of meant more for the shows not listed on the Playbill store yet... also, does "a little night music" have a souvenir program?
New Show Merchandise?
 Apr 9 2010, 12:47:43 PM
so i'm going to nyc next week and was just wondering what was available so far at the following shows... any information is appreciated... thanks in advance : )

the addams family
a little night music
promises, promises
la cage aux folles
american idiot
sondheim on sondheim

re: Which Bdwy Stars would you love to hang out with?
 Jan 5 2008, 02:43:44 AM
OK- my list is kind of strange... the two people I'd most like to hang out with are Sutton Foster and Cheyenne Jackson. They both intrigue me and I would love to be able to hang out with one or both of them for a day. The rest of the list is as follows:
1. Sutton Foster / Cheyenne Jackson
2. Audra McDonald
3. Kristin Chenoweth
4. Laura Bell Bundy
5. Megan Mullally
6. Elaine Stritch
7. Ben Vereen... I'd want him to teach me some Fosse moves... naturally.
8. Anyone

re: Depp's Todd: Tragic Hero or Comic Villain?
 Dec 23 2007, 01:14:34 AM
I don't know whether he was a tragic hero or comic villain or whatever he was... what I do know is that he was brilliant. I'm not even a Johnny Depp fan, at least I wasn't until seeing SWEENEY... I don't think anyone could have done a better job than he did. I thought he was perfect.
re: What is your currently your favorite cast recording?
 Dec 20 2007, 02:36:58 PM
Here's my list...
1. XANADU
2. LEGALLY BLONDE
3. YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN
4. SWEENEY TODD (2005 REVIVAL)
5. THE COLOR PURPLE
6. ALL SHOOK UP
7. SPAMALOT
8. DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS

Soon to be added to the list : THE LITTLE MERMAID, coming February 2008... woohoo!

The SWEENEY TODD movie soundtrack is pretty fantastic too I might add...

re: Young Frankenstein CD Available at the Theater
 Dec 17 2007, 12:26:02 AM
OK, so I don't know if any of you have read any of my previous posts in any of the previous threads, but I bought this CD for one reason... "Roll In The Hay". I love Sutton Foster and LOVE LOVE LOVE that song. Megan Mullally's tracks are also great. "Transylvania Mania" is also fun to listen to. Overall, I think a great cast recording... but not as great as XANADU, lol.
re: Legally Blonde understudies
 Dec 17 2007, 12:21:02 AM
I agree about Bundy kicking Winokur's ass, lol... I saw Winokur in Hairspray and she was good, but Bundy is just a big, bright ball of energy. And I completely disagree with anyone who says that she is sloppy or unfocused... I thought she was completely in the moment both times I've seen the show live, and she was in top form for whenever they filmed it for MTV because she was the only part of the stage version that transferred well to the tv screen. That's just my opinion and everyone is entitl
NYC Trip December 13th-17th, 2007 (Reviews, Opinions, Etc.)
 Dec 16 2007, 11:27:15 PM
OK so my December trip has come and gone, well almost gone anyway (we go home tomorrow) and I got to see a bunch a shows and have my own little reviews to post... here we go...

Radio City Christmas Spectacular: I thought it was great. Very sparkly and even though a lot of the routines were classics, they all seemed refreshed and new. The "Christmas in New York" sequence was AMAZING. Anyway, I liked it, even though there was an overall feeling of cheesy, campy, sparkly fun, it was still

Oh, let's just get this out of the way.
 Dec 6 2007, 10:14:10 PM
My best stagedoor experiences were with Kristin Chenoweth, Marc Kudisch, and Brian D'Arcy James at "The Apple Tree", Audra at "110 in the Shade", the entire cast of "Legally Blonde" was great, Sutton Foster at "Young Frankenstein" was a dream come true, she couldn't have been nicer, the cast of "Xanadu" is fantastic of course, specifically Cheyenne Jackson and Kerry Butler, I mean everyone is nice, but those two are just really, really wonderful. Let's see... I've had a lot of good experiences,
"Grinch" Program?
 Dec 3 2007, 01:51:48 AM
Quick question... I saw "Grinch" last year and I am seeing it this year and I was wondering if they made a new program for the new production at the St. James... if any of you know whether or not they have a new one or are making a new one please respond or PM me... as always, it would be greatly appreciated. : )
re: Xanadu CD, at the theatre yet?
 Dec 2 2007, 08:26:35 PM
ok, so since I don't think it's been answered yet... someone mentioned them selling programs outside the theatre... does this mean they have programs now for XANADU? anyone who knows the answer please either reply here or PM me, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks : )
re: it's over!
 Nov 28 2007, 11:06:03 PM
CONGRATS TO BOTH SIDES FOR REACHING A DEAL! I HOPE A FAIR COMPROMISE WAS REACHED AND THAT EVERYONE IS HAPPY... I KNOW A LOT OF US THEATREGOERS ARE ECSTATIC THAT IT'S ALL OVER, SO I CAN ONLY IMAGINE HOW HAPPY THE PEOPLE WHO MAKE THEIR LIVING DOING IT ARE. CONGRATS AGAIN TO EVERYONE!
re: STRIKE TOMORROW
 Nov 10 2007, 11:06:16 AM
this may be a dumb question but I was just wondering... since telecharge is doing automatic refunds for orders placed over the computer does that mean that they are doing that on a day to day basis? I have tickets for December, and hopefully for everyone's sake (and by everyone I mean the stagehands, actors, everyone who works in or for a theatre, as well as all ticketholders, not just myself) it will be over by then, but I was wondering how they were dealing with it, I mean I know that it's re
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You