pixeltracker

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight...(review updates here)

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight...(review updates here)

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#1A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight...(review updates here)
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:07am

I will be there, obviously. Who else is going?
Anyone going to try the "new" rush? If you do, let us know the deal.

I can't wait! It's been written on ATC that Bernadette is absolutely wonderful as Desiree. But Stritch is still struggling with lines and lyrics. I will be hoping for the best. It did take Lansbury over a month of performances to get everything down.

Should be a great night.

Updated On: 8/1/10 at 01:07 AM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#2A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:09am

I'll be there, seated to ljay's left. A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....

Anyone know if Stritch recorded a new pre-show announcement?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#2A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:11am

"Hey, we're about the start so turn off the phones & shut the f*ck up. Thank you & enjoy the show."

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#3A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:20am

"If I hear a God Damn cell phone ring, I'm getting out of this chair and finding you. And if you're eating candy, just stop. You can't go two hours without eating something? Pigs. Enjoy."

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#4A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:27am

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO THE F*CKING SHOW. I'M ELAINE STRITCH, EMMY WINNER. DON'T EAT OR DRINK, ESPECIALLY WHILE I'M SINGING. THE FIRST ACT IS LONG, SO GET COMFORTABLE. I HAVE A BIG PART IN THIS ACT, BUT NOT ACT 2. THE BAR WILL BE OPEN AT INTERMISSION, SO MAYBE I'LL SEE YOU THERE. SHUT OFF YOUR PHONE. IF YOU THINK PATTI LUPONE WAS BAD WHEN A PHONE RANG, THEN YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ME. SORRY IN ADVANCE IF I SUCK. THIS WASN'T EVEN MY IDEA. IF YOU NEED CANDY, EAT IT NOW. IF YOU UNWRAP IT DURING THE SHOW, I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON IT. OH, TOM MURRAY IS THE CONDUCTOR. BYE."
Updated On: 7/13/10 at 01:27 AM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#5A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:28am

^ Absolute perfection.
Updated On: 7/13/10 at 01:28 AM

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#6A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:31am

Maybe she will be in a hover-round instead of a wheel chair so she can ride up and down the aisles and run people over when she feels like it.

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#7A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:32am

"Watch out for my Jazzy, F*ckers!"

backwoodsbarbie Profile Photo
backwoodsbarbie
#8A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:35am

I can only hope that her huge sunglasses from her video interviews with Bernadette have been added to the costume

http://backstagebarbie.blogspot.com

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#9A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 1:46am

I'll be outside the theatre in 3 hours for rush. Probably too early, but I want those damn tickets.

[tos]fan999 Profile Photo
[tos]fan999
#10A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:17am

I'm eagerly awaiting what everyone has to say. I'm going to the July 24th afternoon show. I can't wait!

<-----Bernadette Peters and Alexander Hanson in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC.

Send in the clowns...Send in the crowds!

"I prefer neurotic people. I like to hear rumblings beneath the surface."-Stephen Sondheim

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#11A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:18am

I might stop by...I really wanna see the show, don't really care about the new stars, but I wanna see the show for some reason.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#12A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:24am

Of course you don't. And of course you do.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#13A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:30am

I might stop by...I really wanna see the show, don't really care about the new stars, but I wanna see the show for some reason.

Muscle, how exactly does one stop by a show? It's not a barbecue or a dinner party. You either attend, or you don't.

Mildred Plotka
#14A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 2:32am

THAT IS TOTALLY RACIST ADAMGREER!

(and I totally spit my soda on my screen when I read it A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....)

muscle23ftl
#15A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 3:46am

I want to hear the score live and see Erin Davie, Ramona and Leigh Ann mostly.
Maybe Bernardette will impress me, who knows?
I saw BP's live concert and it didn't do much for me.
I don't like her voice too much. But she looks like a very sweet woman and I like her anyways.
I will stop by to see if they have tix available...I meant.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Mildred Plotka
#16A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 3:56am

Of course you don't like here voice. The general opinion of her is positive, so you go for the negative. If everyone tends to think she's great in the show, you'll hate her. If she stinks, you'll say she's fabulous.

We get it.

muscle23ftl
#17A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 4:10am

You're obsessed with me, and I'm flattered! =)

And I say what I think, I am just not biased by the opinion of some idiots. I was rooting for Memphis to win best musical for example...and it won! So I don't just go against the opinions...I just don't hold back...and it's great!!!

Updated On: 7/13/10 at 04:10 AM

ColorTheHours048
#18A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 5:55am

Rush report: it's nearly 6 and no one is in line but me. So... I feel a bit lonely, but clearly no poor students are as crazy excited for this as I am.

EDIT: Right after I wrote this, two people showed up. Updated On: 7/13/10 at 05:55 AM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#19A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 6:15am

Cute.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

wickedfan11 Profile Photo
wickedfan11
#20A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 6:35am

I'm going on Friday!

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#21A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 9:32am

Dear Bernadette and Elaine,

Wishing you both the best tonight. In the past, each of you has given performances in Sondheim shows that are among the very highest peak theatrical experiences of my theatergoing life.

Bernadette, I will never forget the first time I saw Sunday in the Park. Yes, the show and the production were dazzling, and, yes, the entire cast was superb. But your incandescent performance--dazzling and vulnerable and intelligent and warm--brought a heart and soul and depth to the show that, I have always maintained, was part of the reason the show was awarded a Pulitzer prize.

And, Elaine, I was fourteen years old when another 14-year-old friend of mine, already far wiser to the world than I, brought me to the just-opened Company. That Sondheim show and that production were also dazzling, and that cast was also superb. But you gave a sizzling, electrifying, jaw-droppingly bold performance the likes of which I have never seen since and may never see again. I am still fourteen every time I see you, and you still electrify me.

May the muses shine down tonight on your collective efforts. Break legs and show 'em how it's done.

yr pal,
joey

Updated On: 7/13/10 at 09:32 AM

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#22A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:03am

geez, just reading the pre-announcement makes me want to see the show.

ColorTheHours048
#23A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:09am

I posted this in the rush thread, but I'll put it here too just in case:

2 tickets per student ID. $27 cash only. You get to choose standing room or slightly obstructed side orchestra. The man told me I should get orchestra. I can attest to the fact that the Kerr's sightlines are excellent.

I got orchestra row C, seats 11 & 13.

matineeidol2013 Profile Photo
matineeidol2013
#24A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC'S reopening tonight....
Posted: 7/13/10 at 10:34am

I was hoping new press photos would have been released before tonights opening. I bet both ladies look stunning.

I'll take the wind and soar.
Updated On: 7/13/10 at 10:34 AM