News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Anti-Romanticist

Anti-Romanticist Profile Photo
Member Name: Anti-Romanticist
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rent Redo
 Jun 13 2008, 08:43:25 PM
After reading earlier in the thread, I am so glad that I am not the only one who thinks the producers need to leave Wicked ALONE!

Here are my casting ideas for a movie version of Jekyll and Hyde since there is supposedly a movie in the works anyway:

Jekyll/Hyde: David Cook- don't flame me, I realize this is an odd choice, but I think it could totally work.
Lucy: Anne Hathaway
Emma (or Lisa, your preference): Amy Adams? :/
Utterson: Gerard Butler- he's no tenor, but

re: Broadway Video Games?
 May 27 2008, 08:05:47 AM
My bro and I joked about the first Ratchet and Clank game. Um...it'd really terrible musical, albiet a hilariously terrible musical.

Like my bro said...er...sang:

Qwark: "NO-O-OW I attack you with MAH BUTT CHI-I-I-N!"
Ratchet: "NO-O-O-O-O, how could this hero attack us and do me I-I-I-N-N-N?!"
Clank: "U-U-UM-M-M...RA-A-ATCHET, YOU NEED TO DU-U-UCK!"
Drek: "BWA-HA, BWA-HA, BWA-HA--YOU ALL REALLY SU-U-U-UCK!"

LOL, like I said: Terrible. I digress th

Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 May 18 2008, 08:04:53 PM
*Patti Lupone is awesome otherwise, but her Evita was OVERRATED.
*David Cook's Music of the Night owns Michael Crawford's bland interpretation any day, but Howard McGillin's version owns their of their MotNs. (<=the first time I've had to pluralize a song. Haha!)
*Whoever said it was okay to like Sondheim AND Wildhorn, THANK YOU! Add ALW to the mix and you've got me!
*The Pajama Game is kind of boring.

RE: Top Ten
 May 11 2008, 08:18:44 PM
In no particular order:

*Ellen Greene (Little Shop of Horrors): I also give brownie points to Rick Moranis as well. He was such an adorable Seymour in a dark, twisted kind of way!
*Johnny Depp (Sweeney Depp)
*Nikki Blonski (Hairspray)
*Gerard Butler (Phantom of the Opera): While his singing was far from perfect, I thought he did a fantastic job bringing out the emotions of the Phantom. Just watch his eyes--how passionate are THEY?
*Judy Garland (Wizard of Oz)
*Trey P

re: That's one hella boring EQUUS ad
 Apr 13 2008, 11:51:26 AM
The logo (the one w/Radcliffe, not to be confused with the original London one) is bloody brillant. Some designer definitely earned their pay for that one.
re: Roles you WISH people would play
 Mar 29 2008, 09:15:17 PM
I don't know if he has enough singing ability to play him, but if he did, James Roday would make an awesome Pirelli. Or maybe a Dr. Frankenstein (Young Frankenstein, not Hunterstein).
re: Favorite shows that you haven't seen
 Mar 29 2008, 09:08:30 PM
*Jekyll and Hyde (seen on the unmetionable website, but haven't seen it live)
*Phantom (The Yeston/Kopit version; seen ALW and loved it)
*Der Glockner Von Notre Dame (seen on unmentionable website; Disney needs to bring it to the US)
*Hair
*Sweeney Todd (seen Tim Burton movie, have two soundtracks, have 1982 DVD, have mom who saw original production with Angela Lansbury...but I haven't seen it onstage myself xDDD)
*Little Shop of Horrors

re: Post roles that you can picture yourself playing.
 Jan 13 2008, 04:59:47 PM
Honestly, a lot of the roles I would like to play are male roles. I don't know why, I guess I just find them more dynamic and interesting than the female parts, in general. Since this is roles I'd actually imagine myself PLAYING than rather what parts I would WANT TO play, than that narrows the list down a bit (ignoring the fact that I can't sing to save my life):

Lucy (Jekyll and Hyde)
Roxie (Chicago)
Mrs. Lovett [if I was a buncha years older] (Sweeney Todd)

re: If you could play one character...
 Jan 10 2008, 07:14:29 PM
I really can't sing worth anything, but if I could, I would love to play...

*Javert [Les Miserables]
*Carmen [The Producers]
*Audrey II [Little Shop]
*Lucy [Jekyll and Hyde]
*Mrs. Lovett [Sweeney Todd]
*Belle [BatB] <=massive in-joke with my friends because my boyfriend was the Beast in our school production a couple of years ago...and he still doesn't know.

I will never be able to play half of these roles even if I could sing because I'm a girl, but, seriou

re: Best Movie Musical Award
 Dec 31 2007, 04:53:18 PM
It's a toss up between Sweeney and Hairspray! They both had good things about them...
re: Favourite Stage Effect Ever Seen?
 Dec 25 2007, 06:04:58 PM
The Beast's transformation in Beauty and the Beast--not the one from Broadway though. WAAAY too many lights when you're sitting just a few rows away from the stage! The transformation I saw at the Northern Stage production in White River Junction was MUCH better (and easier on the eyes). The Beast died near a "fountain" onstage, so when he was presumed dead, he fell/was pulled into the "fountain" while fog spewed from it with a little of the strobe lights. The fog covered most of him up, so when
Favorite Moments
 Dec 18 2007, 09:38:17 PM
*In Jekyll And Hyde's "Your Work--And Nothing More" around 2:07-ish, when you hear Utterson's part of "before you forever determine your FATE": It totally sends shivers down my spine. The timing is way too good on that!

*In Man of La Mancha with Placido Domingo and Julia Migenes, the duet with Sancho and Don on said song is one I love too, as well as the last reprise of "Man of La Mancha". "I Really Like Him" on that album never fails to make me smile either--it's just something about M

re: Roles you WISH people would play
 Dec 18 2007, 07:55:47 PM
I realized this thread has been dead for like a month, but I had to share this (totally odd) idea: Roger Bart as Lumiere in BatB. I don't know what made me think of this, it just popped into my head. I think he'd do a HILARIOUS accent though!

To whoever posted the twisted Julia Andrews casting of Mrs. Lovett--I LOVE IT! (Pun unintended.)

re: Awkardly Long Song Titles...?
 Dec 18 2007, 07:25:47 PM
*Your Work--And Nothing More (Jekyll and Hyde)
^= Got to love the dash there! 8D
*Do You Hear The People Sing? (Les Mis)
*Why Did I Listen To That Man? (Urinetown)

re: Awful Musical Ideas
 Dec 11 2007, 07:49:06 PM
Halo the Musical! PERFECT for musical fans to drag their Microsoft XBox-loving significant others to. Watch Master Chief shoot the crap out of his enemies while singing such memorable tunes such as "Pwned" and "Pillar of Autumn"!

(For the record, I'm not a Halo fan, so don't ask me about it.)

Other "great" ideas include:
*Project Runway: The Musical. Songs would include "Auf'ed!", "Red Lobster" and "Where The Hell Is My Chiffon?".
*James Bond. SURELY they can fi

re: Dream-like songs?
 Nov 14 2007, 06:44:22 PM
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "dreaming", but I hope these suggestions help:

In His Eyes (Jekyll and Hyde) <=if anyone was planning a duet
Once Upon A Dream (Jekyll and Hyde)
The Wizard and I (Wicked)
When I Look At You (The Scarlet Pimpernel)

re: Roger Bart Scheduled to Return to YF
 Oct 28 2007, 05:50:16 PM
I had heard Roger Bart had hurt his back, but I didn't realize it was a herniated disc. Yikes! I've seen what happens when someone herniates a disc firsthand from when my mom herniated a disc in her upper spine, and let me say it's not pretty. She had to wear a collar to hold her neck up and take pressure off the disc and she could barely drive herself around to work and such. Even now she says she still has her arm go numb occassionally--and she herniated the disc months ago!

Bart seri

re: HUNCHBACK
 Aug 26 2007, 07:23:08 PM
"I would pick George Hearn for Frollo."

I completely agree. George Hearn would sing a really awesome "Hellfire" IMHO. (May Tony Jay rest in the peace.) To add, I think Doug Sills would make an awesome Phoebus--the man has a set of pipes on him for sure!

re: Those quirky moments in community theatre you love
 Aug 19 2007, 08:50:34 PM
At a high school performance (qualifies as community IMHO, and this really could have happened anywhere) of Beauty and the Beast I saw a couple of years ago, it was at the end of the final battle between Beast and Gaston. Everything went well until Gaston made his exit falling off the castle. After he fell, you could hear him go "Ow".
re: Biggest Voice on Broadway
 Aug 17 2007, 03:41:48 PM
I haven't been to all that many live performances, seeing as I live out in the boonies away from NY, LA, etc., BUT I think Steve Blanchard, despite his terrible diction when I saw him, seems to have a big voice. Howard McGillin is notable too--there was a point he didn't even seem to NEED the mike when I saw him at Phantom of the Opera a couple of years ago. Others I can think of off the top of my head (that I've actually seen) are Drew Sarich, Anneliese and James Patterson (understudy of Gaston
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You