Broadway Video Games?

SirNotAppearing Profile Photo
SirNotAppearing
#1Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 1:18am

I was interested to see if any gamers on these boards can think up any video games that could be based on Broadway shows. There aren't really many, but I could see Phantom of the Opera and Les Mis making good games. Anyone else?

insertclevernamehere Profile Photo
insertclevernamehere
#2re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 1:30am

Grand Theft Auto: The Stagedoor.

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention...I'm the good cop, he's the bad cop.

thatgirl712 Profile Photo
thatgirl712
#2re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 2:47am

This would be great!

If I heard the bells and the banjos ring

bestinshow2 Profile Photo
bestinshow2
#3re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 2:52am

Xanadu.

"My name's Lenny. What's yours?"

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#4re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 3:04am

Boss Stage: Tony Roberts.

bumbumbum

Wicked would actually make a pretty decent videogame, the artists would have **** load to work with.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 3:09am

Phantom could be fun having to make your way all through the Paris Opera House and the traps he sets up from the novel.

verynewyorkcurious Profile Photo
verynewyorkcurious
#6re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 3:11am

Wicked Kombat

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#7re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 3:13am

Cat Fight!

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#8re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 3:37am

Spring Awakening. You have to try and execute the "choreography" by jumping up and down without falling through the hole in the middle of the stage. Then if you do fall you have to see who can circle je*k the fastest, but only for bonus points.

Updated On: 5/27/08 at 03:37 AM

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#9re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 5:29am

'ya know, I googled this query earlier, and found tons of pages, but nothing exactly matching my key words. Could this possible be virgin territory for game designers--a niche market? Soo, who's a game designer out there? Gotta be somebody. This is a big bucks proposition, and I happen to have an uncle who's in the Toy Business for over 50 yrs; Waddya say? Anone? I'm intrigued, myself?
Anyone find any searches successfull?? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
I challenge anyone who can find this product : a Broadway themed Video Game; any manufacturer, co.

thetinymagic2 Profile Photo
thetinymagic2
#10re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 5:39am

bump

Anti-Romanticist Profile Photo
Anti-Romanticist
#12re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 8:05am

My bro and I joked about the first Ratchet and Clank game. Um...it'd really terrible musical, albiet a hilariously terrible musical.

Like my bro said...er...sang:

Qwark: "NO-O-OW I attack you with MAH BUTT CHI-I-I-N!"
Ratchet: "NO-O-O-O-O, how could this hero attack us and do me I-I-I-N-N-N?!"
Clank: "U-U-UM-M-M...RA-A-ATCHET, YOU NEED TO DU-U-UCK!"
Drek: "BWA-HA, BWA-HA, BWA-HA--YOU ALL REALLY SU-U-U-UCK!"

LOL, like I said: Terrible. I digress though.

On the flip side, I think that, while hard to adapt, Les Mis would make an awesome game. I can totally imagine the player being Javert, tracking Valjean around and mucking things up in the revolution.

Bow before the cuteness of my cousin!!! ;]
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 08:05 AM

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#13re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 8:25am

I'm pretty sure there were one or two Rocky Horror video games.

Everything in life...is only for now.

musicaltheatrefan3 Profile Photo
musicaltheatrefan3
#14re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 8:54am

Wicked Australia website, Wicked UK and Wicked Germany website have an online game. You are Elphaba and you have to free the monkeys, and try to avoid the water or else you'll evaporate.

wickedthemusical.com.au (Australia)
wickedthemusical.co.uk
wicked-welt.de

I was once on the ALW forums on Really Useful and this Phan said that they already made a Phantom video game, but it was from the movie.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was once a thread on here or maybe musicals.net about the fun idea of a "Make your musical" game, just like those "Make Your Movie" games, where you can be a producer, director, and there are actors to choose from, and based on who you choose for each thing, your show can either be a hit or flop.

Also, on PBS, there was once a Broadway: The American Musical game, where you had to answer different Broadway trivia questions, and based on how many you got right, you got tickets to a show on time or were late for the show.

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Enjolras77
#15re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 10:11am

re: Broadway Video Games?

Have you ever wondered what would happen if Enjolras decided to throw down with Eponine? Or wanted to see a cat fight between Cosette and Eponine? How WELL NOW YOU CAN!

There IS a video game based on Les Miserables. It is a fighting game in the mold of Street Warrior or Mortal Kombat.

I think the picture above is of Cosette fighting Javert(??)

I think you can download it online.

Below is a link:

http://www.lesmisgame.com/arm_joe.html

"You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." --Harold Hill from The Music Man
Updated On: 5/27/08 at 10:11 AM

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#16re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/27/08 at 10:14am

Wasn't there a video game with Carol Channing in it a while ago. It was for the PC I thought....

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Dad'sOldRecords
#17re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 7:56am

I just thought I would resurrect this thread because, after reading an article about how 2011 is the year of gamification, I was curious to hear what kinds of games/interactive features would be cool to see from this season's new shows. I blogged about a few of my ideas on Crazytown: http://bit.ly/mrvK6D, including a Donkey Kong-esque video game where J. Pierrepont Finch climbs the social ladder, avoiding falling paperwork and the treacherous Bud Frump.

I had a lot of fun putting together my list, so I was interested in seeing what other people come up with.

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#18re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 11:33am

Right after the Johnny Depp Sweeney Todd movie came out there was a hidden object game based on the legend of Sweeney Todd in which all the cut scenes were sung-through in (hilariously awful) Sondheim pastiche.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/download-games/7068/penny-dreadfuls-sweeny-todd-collectors-edition/index.html

husk_charmer
#19re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 11:53am

There was a Phantom game, in which you had to go back in time and some other stuff...I forget the title, but it was fun.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#20re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 12:21pm

re: Broadway Video Games?

Everything in life...is only for now.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#21re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 2:37pm

I am proud to say I OWN that. re: Broadway Video Games?

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Dramatic Coloratura
#22re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 3:20pm

Nathan Detroit's crap game:

http://www.flashpromo.com/emg/guysanddolls/

HistoryBoy2 Profile Photo
HistoryBoy2
#23re: Broadway Video Games?
Posted: 5/5/11 at 4:03pm

Spamalot could be quite easily gameified - an amusing quest-y thing in the vein of the Discworld adaptations.
Rocky Horror might work as well.

Videos