News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MrsVampyre

Member Name: MrsVampyre
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: best sondheim song....EVER
 May 25 2008, 10:20:23 AM
There so many... but mine are:

Invocation to the Audience - from The Frogs
Im Still Here
Send In The Clowns

re: character in a musical you most relate to...
 May 25 2008, 10:15:05 AM
A cross between Eliza Dolittle and Dolly Levi.
re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 25 2008, 10:10:34 AM
Hands down - it has to Cats
re: I think my fingers going to fall off
 May 4 2008, 08:10:12 PM
Thanks for the link!! I printed the article so I could mark off when the show is running.

I actually met Johnathan Groff at a charity event, but didn't make the connection... (that day was very hecktic for me). He's very nice, and I am totally looking forward to seeing him in the show, and how they handle the production.

re: What is wrong with the Threads these Days
 May 4 2008, 08:00:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

I've been told that books are the primitive verision of the DVD:0

May 4 2008, 08:00:34 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

May 4 2008, 08:00:31 PM
HAHAHAHAHA!

May 4 2008, 07:53:29 PM
HAHAHAHA!! The new stanza is great, and very much to the point!

Thank you for the definition of "snark". That's kind of what I thought it meant.

That website though... Good Lord... are/can people get THAT addicted to TV?

Is reading books going/is out of fashion?? There's a really good book on Off Broadway that comes with a DVD, and two that are available for pre-order now about Musicals, and theatrical legions.

May 4 2008, 07:41:21 PM
HAHAH!! Very well said. You're a poet!

But, can I ask you something.. what does "snark" really mean? I have an idea, but I never heard that term before.

May 4 2008, 07:23:15 PM
Ohh I don't even bother with posts on Rent, Wicked, or Leagally Blond. Most of those are done by trolls, and are usually, not about the shows, or elements of the shows.

But I do see your point in that some posts deserve the.. what did you call it "snark".

Others just seem to need to resort to nasty, or rude behavior to get the point across, or to defend their point of view.

Whatever happened to be polite when people post? Just because you use a screen name, doesn'

May 4 2008, 07:15:15 PM
You make a good point as well.

Hair is a great play, and the music is terrific. Hopefully, the revival that is set for Central Park will get the audience it deserves. I'll be there as well! I want to see how they would do the staging in the park.

Another play, although a drama that could stand with a revival that talks about war is "Johnny Got His Gun", or even Stalag 17, which takes place in a WW2 POW camp in Germany.

But Hair would have the best chance of any of th

May 4 2008, 07:06:27 PM
That's just it. it's hard to tell if the person who started the thead started it to be nasty, or the thread turned that way. That's what depressing (to me) about some of these theads. You can have a difference of opimion about a show, or element of a show and discuss it intelligently. Too many times, the discussion devolves into something very negative.
 May 4 2008, 07:00:29 PM
Good point! But, as the play is dated, would the younger generation connect with the play? If the play were updated to more modern times, and takes into account terrorism, and the current war, it would have potential.
 May 4 2008, 06:58:19 PM
Some of the theads are actually interesting discussions about the theatre. That's why I check out this board, but as I said.. people tend to be nasty on many of the threads.
re: Oldest Broadway Item you have.
 May 4 2008, 06:55:38 PM
Well... I have two...

1) Is the OBC signed program from Jesus Christ Superstar.
2) Micky Rooney's signature (as the wizard) on sheet music from 1938 for Over the Rainbow.

May 4 2008, 06:51:28 PM
What's wrong with these treads??!!

Well for one thing, people can be pretty mean spirited, rude, and nasty.

The person who said that this board is supposed to be about discussing Broadway. But what it's mostly about is fan worship of actors, and nasty immature replies to posts.

May 4 2008, 06:46:18 PM
The music is great, and the play was wildly sucessful when it first ran. But past attempts to revive the play, and do readings didn't do well at all.

Just courious, but why do you think the play will do well if it was revived??

Hilarious Comments...
 May 4 2008, 06:43:16 PM
This was some time ago. But a woman trying to impress her out of town friends that The Producers was a historical drama about Nazis!!!!!

The same woman after the show (The Odd Couple)was over, and at the stage door... after having one too many at the bar during intermission... to Matthew Broderick... "Glory" is being used as training film at West Point!!!!!!"

re: Still looking for playbills
 May 4 2008, 06:26:31 PM
If you want playbills from recent shows check out Playbill.com, or if the show has closed, or you want the OBC check out Ebay.

hope this helps

May 4 2008, 06:22:32 PM
Hair is very dated, and very much a period piece. It orginally came out in the late sixties. The story line would have to be updated. Remember, in the end, the main character gets' drafted anyway.

The play would have limited appeal (baby boomers) for today's audiences.. that didn't grow up with the draft, or the Vietman War.

The run would have to be limited, and even then, recouping the costs would be difficult.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You