News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for inception

inception Profile Photo
Member Name: inception
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 Jun 20 2024, 11:55:43 AM

Sorry, my bad!

Fordham2015 said: "inception said: "Voter said: "What is the access code?"

SAFP620

Prices look high-ish for something with no stars & only 90 minutes - I'm comparing to what I paid for Sweeney Todd in the same theater
"

Sweeney Todd was in the Lunt-Fontanne, not the Longacre
"

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 Jun 20 2024, 11:47:02 AM

Voter said: "What is the access code?"

SAFP620

Prices look high-ish for something with no stars & only 90 minutes - I'm comparing to what I paid for Sweeney Todd in the same theater

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 19 2024, 10:31:35 PM

Wick3 said: "
Since this show has recouped and clearly doing well,hopefully the production will give a bonus to the ushers at the Hudson. I heard when Music Man closed the ushers at the Winter Garden received a bonus which was very generous of the Music Man producers."

Anyone who has ever worked in the service industry knows that Brits don't tip.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 19 2024, 10:28:03 PM

TheQuibbler said: "
No, they lined up all the co-producers when it was time for the category and then shuffled the winners onto a platform. Jackson McHenry of Vulturetook this video:
Thank-you for this.  One of the conspiracy theories going around on reddit was that the winners were known before the envelope was opened because people came and asked just the winning producers to come out of the main audience.  This proves is was producers from al

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 18 2024, 06:54:35 PM

I'll wait & see what shakes out before I look at asking for a refund.  The whole supposed off the cuff statement on the red carpet seemed scripted by his agent as a bargaining ploy.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 18 2024, 07:56:53 AM

Article in Hollywood Reporter about how the Jay-Z performance was pre-recorded - which most on here already realized. 

Was the footage shown on screen during big wins of production teams off stage all waving to the camera also pre-recorded? 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lifestyle/arts/alicia-keys-jay-z-segment-pre-taped-tony-awards-1235925132/

The 77th Annual TONY Awards Performances
 Jun 17 2024, 10:51:09 AM

quizking101 said: 
The Chita tribute felt a little underbaked for me, and Audra being a presenter of that still didn’t sit right for some reason. Is there a connection that im missing?
She showed up where they asked her too.  What's she supposed to do?  Say I want something bigger where I can say "I'm gonna be Rose in Gypsy - buy your tickets now!" 

She's too classy for that 

Jun 17 2024, 09:41:41 AM

WldKingdomHM said: "Illinoise was the best

Tommy was dreadful (time to post)
"

I think Tommy sold tickets with that performance.  For anyone who already knows the music, who may have been holding back, that was an exciting performance.   I haven't been contemplating seeing it, but it was the only performance where I said to myself "That might be worth seeing."

Shows I was on the fence about like Stereop

Jun 17 2024, 06:58:26 AM

bwayobsessed said: "Illinoise was the best performance of the night. Suffs second."

I had a complete opposite view.  I thought those were both terrible. 

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 16 2024, 11:20:33 PM

Or they have to offer him more money now?

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 16 2024, 04:37:26 PM

Saw the clip of the bows on Twitter posted by account of a Robby Lerman.  Most costumes look super cheap.  Definitely giving we're just putting this on in a rec center vibes.

Someone on Reddit posted a picture of de Shields, and he has a proper suit.  Almost wonder if performers were asked to provide their own clothes?

Another user on Twitter mentioned that 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:44:17 AM

Are people really loving HK that much?  Months later all I really remember was the mom pouring water into tumblers over & over again.

BEN PLATT: LIVE AT THE PALACE Threads
 Jun 15 2024, 10:36:17 AM

Woah! That dress. 👍

Too bad the show she's going into doesn't offer the same kinds of numbers for her to sing.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 15 2024, 09:41:08 AM

How can there be less room for a red carpet at Lincoln Center than at Radio City or any 9f the other theatres used in the past?

Something's screwy

Jun 14 2024, 04:41:14 PM

So which is it?  You respect their wishes or you go and get us all googling " Sidney Harcourt jockstrap" ?

quizking101 said: "A few things I heard:

- Sydney Harcourt is cavorting in a jockstrap during Rum Tug Tugger and it’s quite a sight,

- Andre’s Old D wig is HUGE!

- The cast has posted on Instagram pleading patrons to not post anything on social media, at least during previews, since things are sti

Jun 14 2024, 01:25:05 PM

Is Mr. Mistoffelees still costumed in black & white, like a tuxedo?

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 14 2024, 10:24:52 AM

Had a crazy dream last night that the original production of Merrily was completely different from what it was in reality. In my dream the set was was similar to the current revival and with an all star cast:

Franklin - Sidney Poitier

Charley- Woody Allen

Mary - Angela Lansbury

Beth - Suzanne Somers

Joe - Art Carny

Gussie -  Joan Collins

The show was a big hit, running almost 10 years.  Songs from the show

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 14 2024, 10:02:47 AM

Outsiders seems to be the show that has developed the biggest reaction among young audiences this season.   I read the line for people hoping for rush seats was about 100 people the other day - even though obviously there weren't going to be that many rush seats.  Will that effect voters?  Especially ones who may have been in theatre alongside school groups etc of kids being very emotional?  How could you not be effected & maybe swept along?

Grand Hotel Reunion at 54 Below
 Jun 13 2024, 03:19:19 PM

They are doing this concert again this Fall, November 14-16, 2024.  Tickets sales start tomorrow for 54 Below "Patrons" with tickets for the general public available starting next Thursday.

That's the week I will be in New York.  There's so many other options though, so not sure if it is something I can make time for.

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jun 13 2024, 09:37:22 AM

Nope. That is not the plot. I saw the show twice in March.  It is inspired by the story of Hill, but it is not her story.  In the show Idina's character googles and learns about Hill, and then is like "I'm gonna do the same thing!"  The show has some songs that play to her strengths, and uses projections in a fantastic way, but the book was a mess.

bigbelterbaby said: "steven22 said: "

The show is about Julia Butterfly Hill,

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You