Profile for inception

inception Profile Photo
Member Name: inception
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 21 2024, 09:48:07 PM

Found this photo in Google reviews of La Jolla Playhouse.   They must be using a lot of projections?

Will Menzel & Chenoweth have competing shows on Broadway in Fall 2024?

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 20 2024, 10:19:11 AM

It is likely better for sales right now to say it will close when they leave.  Then miraculously closer to May perhaps some "names" will become available.

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Feb 19 2024, 07:45:53 AM

Looking at the seating charts, it is obvious that they are holding back premium orchestra seats making it look like they are well sold.

Brooklyn Laundry  Feb 19 2024, 07:36:15 AM

Also, this isn't Cecil6 Strong's stage debut. She did a revival of The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe at The Shed and then later in Los Angeles.

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 18 2024, 10:22:43 PM

I thought it was good info.  I've never been to La Jolla before.  In so many places where the theatres are located are far from other services.  In June when I saw Patti Lupone at Stanford it was the same situation - a college campus with the closest restaurants at a strip mall a 10-15 minute walk away.

Is Satine really gone at the end of the play?  Feb 18 2024, 03:54:56 PM

The character arc is inspired by those of Violetta in La Traviata and Mimi in La Boheme.

Violetta was based upon the real Marie Duplessis who died of tuberculosis at the age of 23 on 3 February 1847.  Her grave can be visited in Montmarte Cemetery. 

Taylor Mac’s “Bark of Millions” at BAM  Feb 17 2024, 09:43:33 AM

A review on Parterre: 

https://parterre.com/2024/02/14/park-and-bark-5/

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 17 2024, 03:15:19 AM

I wonder what Ethel Merman would have said if she had been asked to climb a tree or rappel down a building in preparation for a show?

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 16 2024, 10:01:36 AM

tacotheatrelover said: "I ask because I just got reminded of it on my snapchat memories. The 2021-2022 was my first experience with the show, and was my first theatrical experience all around (probably explains a lot.)

I predict that somewhere between 2045-2050 some hot shot director will revive Oklahoma in a production that,  while not an exact replica of Fish's production, will be strongly informed by their memories of seeing Fish's production when th

André Bishop’s last show  Feb 15 2024, 07:42:44 AM

By 2025 it will be 30 years since Victor/Victoria debuted on Broadway.

How about Micaela Diamond as Victoria Grant with Ben Platt as Carroll Todd?

It's 4:40am here & I just woke up.  My coffee maker doesn't come on for another 20 minutes.

Mondays in May  Feb 14 2024, 08:45:40 PM

If the date is Monday May 13th, then the Met has performance of their new modern dress production of Carmen.  I saw the broadcast into theatees a couple weeks ago (with a different cast) & thought it was sensational.  Instead of workers in a cigarette factory, the women are working in an arms manufacturing plant somewhere out in Arizona or New Mexico, and steal a semi-trailer to makeva run for the border.  There is a full semi-trailer and cars and trucks on stage. 

Idina Menzel to star in new stage musical REDWOOD at La Jolla  Feb 13 2024, 07:07:13 PM

I will be down in San Diego in 3 weeks.  I don't suppose anyone has yet seen the version of The Age of  Innocence now playing at the Old Globe?

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 12 2024, 09:55:31 AM

Re: Greif's stage directing

For those who have already seen both this & Hell's Kitchen:

How much stage time in this taken up with serving food and pouring water into glasses?

I almost thought Shoshana Bean was just trying to stay in practice in case she has to ever go back to waitressing.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 01:25:34 PM

Does Foster do the Homer Simpson bit spinning on the floor like Ashford did?

Rob Madge's MY SON'S A QUEER... not at the Lyceum February 2024  Feb 10 2024, 11:15:09 AM

Kad said: 
They were doing right by nobody by attempting to put this show on Broadway. Their hearts being in the right place means nothing if they can’t even get a production to its first performance. And now they have multiple canceled productions to their name- something that is unusual and off putting to future investors."

For Broadway it really isn't important to have your heart in the right place,  if your wallet has been mispla

MCC developing WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE musical by Bandits on the Run and Christopher Sears  Feb 9 2024, 09:49:55 AM

I don't if there is an easy way to search for old episides of Oprah? I remember that before the Oscars that year she had an episode about all the nominations and made a big deal about she was a voter & would be traveling to LA for the show.  She had on some critics and they were looking at clips of the nominees.  When they got to Leonardo in Gilbert Grape Oprah was all like who is this actor? What is this movie?  I remember thinking that if the movie flew so far un

MCC developing WHAT'S EATING GILBERT GRAPE musical by Bandits on the Run and Christopher Sears  Feb 8 2024, 03:13:35 PM

Does anyone need another 30 year old film made into a musical?  

Also how do they cast Darlene Cates' character for a stage show?

I was a big fan of the film when I was young, but I just don't see this being any good.

PATRIOTS to open at the Barrymore Theatre for 12 Week Run beginning April 1st, 2024  Feb 7 2024, 09:33:54 PM

It was a joke. Because of that other show rumored about soccer AKA football.

PATRIOTS to open at the Barrymore Theatre for 12 Week Run beginning April 1st, 2024  Feb 7 2024, 07:17:05 PM

So this isn't the show about the football team? 

I think something about Tom Brady would probably be more interesting & also sell better.

Sweeney Todd, question about extension  Feb 7 2024, 11:39:57 AM

None of those people are big enough names to sell through the summer.

Soo & Donica, as marvelous as I thought they were, couldn't keep Camelot open last year.

Katrina Lenk wasn't a draw for Company.

SLIH crawled through the year with Borle.

Broadway names - while immensely talented - are not enough to sell tickets.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You