News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheresaG

TheresaG Profile Photo
Member Name: TheresaG
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next to close?  Dec 29 2023, 11:45:57 AM

Amazing how dismal Harmony's numbers were last week. I noticed they also are not on TDF listings this morning. I was hoping to get to see this after the first of the year but now I wonder if I will be able to.

The Official TDF Thread  Jan 18 2023, 12:02:24 PM

It is back up now - noon time

Places to Eat in Times Square  Aug 10 2022, 08:39:38 PM

A place I've been to twice for brunch is the Barking Dog. It's in the open area behind New World Stages - can reach it from W. 49th. Used to be a burger place. Good food, good service and pretty reasonable. 

Nick Cordero Theatre  Jul 7 2020, 04:11:35 PM

The mistake about Bronx Tale being the longest running - I think it made the most money in a one week period at the Longacre.

I had to think this over before I signed but I did do it because unfortunately Nick's death is representative of the sad turn of events for Broadway during this CoVid pandemic. All shows being shut down for so long is something we have never witnessed. Additionally, the virus hit a number of community members. We need to mark this in history and changing

The Official TDF Thread  Jul 9 2019, 09:34:59 AM

Also can't log in.

Tony Award Tickets  Mar 31 2019, 09:19:17 PM

It's 9:17 p.m. and I clicked that link above and here's what it said:

Information on purchasing tickets to the 2019 Tony Awards will be available later this spring.

The Tony Awards ceremony will take place at Radio City Music Hall in New York City on June 9, 2019.

My Very Own British Invasion Previews  Feb 5 2019, 10:59:55 AM

There is a complete playlist on Spotify of the songs by the original artists for this show. The Paper Mill has a link on their Facebook page to access it. It didn't move over here too well but if you go on Spotify, look for The Songs of My Very Own British Invasion.

Sara Bareilles to Play Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar Live! in Concert  Feb 24 2018, 10:15:41 AM

"sr4mjc said: "spiderdj82 said: "I am still skeptical about John Legend as his high notes are usually floated and whispery. They really should have gone with a rock tenor for Jesus. But, other than that, I am good with the cast."

eek

https://twitter.com/nbc/status/967172449136553984"

eek is right...I had no idea how thin his voice was until I heard this. It's a good thing they have such a strong group of Broadway voices in the other roles and the ensemble. They are going to have to carry the show.

"

Sara Bareilles to Play Mary Magdalene in Jesus Christ Superstar Live! in Concert  Feb 2 2018, 10:17:15 AM

vampire musical said: "Riedel is saying Judas will be played by Luis Fonsi of "Despacito" fame. Not excited about that choice if this is happening...https://nypost.com/2018/02/01/despacito-singer-luis-fonsi-eyed-for-jesus-christ-superstar/"

Also not excited about what I read here. Don't see the connection at all for this guy taking on a role that so many who are available have proven they can do so well. If he gets it, it will probably be because NBC is after ratings rather than a quality performance.

NYMF 2017  Jul 16 2017, 12:23:39 PM

NYMF is tough to figure at times. The early years had some good ones that went on like Altar Boys and title of show. One that I liked a lot last year was The Gold.

Would be nice to see something hit big this year from it. I think A Wall Apart has a good chance if the music samples are any indication. Graham Russell writes really good stuff and his new compositions for this show sampled are very nice. But we'll see how the music and story flow.

I saw My Dear Watson. It didn&#

NYMF 2016  Aug 7 2016, 11:22:47 AM

I saw my last two shows on Friday and Saturday. Friday was Ludo's Broken Bride. I found it very hard to follow with the back and forth. Also the use of the narrator watching himself played by another actor was tough to follow. The music is good, lyrics are a little weird in parts. It does have well developed and well done choreography. Wondering what will happen with that one eventually.

My last show was the best I've seen in a few years at the Festival; The Gold. The music is

NYMF 2016  Jul 26 2016, 01:10:06 PM

Glad to see this thread is rolling - NYMF is one of my favorite things of the summer.

I saw my first two on Sunday:

A SCYTHE OF TIME  - Can't add much to the fine writing of mostly_musicals. You made an especially good point about needing to establish the comedy tone earlier on. Couldn't put my finger on what I thought was missing but that was it. Performances were really good.

THE LAST WORD - Clever and well developed. Good choreography, clever f

Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.  Nov 9 2015, 08:55:35 AM

I enjoyed it so much I decided to pay full price to see the show. However, after I went online to the Hamilton site and saw the ticket prices, I quickly changed my mind. And was disappointed the rest of the night. Now I'm going to pray to win their lottery. 

Loved his closing line: I've only written 2 shows. Yeah, but how many people write 2 shows this young in their lives and have 2 hits; one which will be one of the biggest in theater history?

Shear Madness  Nov 9 2015, 08:50:23 AM

Saw it over the weekend and thought it was a good show. I really laughed and enjoyed it. Entire cast is good but especially Jordan Ahnquist.

Remembering the original DAMES AT SEA on its opening night on Broadway  Oct 22 2015, 08:32:48 AM

What a great group of pictures. Hard to believe it was that long ago.

Thanks for posting them.

Allegiance Previews  Oct 8 2015, 09:57:56 AM

I saw Allegiance last night and have mixed thoughts still this morning. I really was up for seeing this show. The subject of the Japanese Americans treatment during WWII with the camps is a difficult one even though it's over 70 years ago that it occurred.  There is no way to understand an injustice so grave; it was done and people suffered badly. That does come through in the show if you keep yourself open to that concept. A couple of times it is subtle, like when Sammy returns from

tony awards rant  Jun 8 2015, 11:47:00 AM

He is a name is what I thought it might be - thanks for your thoughts on this.

Odd how they didn't want to dim the lights for someone earlier this year because they hadn't been on Broadway for awhile, but they let a total outsider represent that section of the show.

tony awards rant  Jun 8 2015, 11:35:56 AM

I don't post very often here, but I have a question that maybe someone can answer for me.

Why was Josh Groban chosen to sing for the In Memoriam tribute? Yes, he sings nice, but as far as I know, he's never been in a Broadway or even Off-Broadway show.  I should think with all the amazing singers on Broadway, they could have found someone to sing that other than him.

And yes, i realize he has that CD with the Broadway tunes on it that just came out. So do a lot of p

Live Blog The Live Sound Of Music  Dec 5 2013, 08:20:29 PM
Audra is fabulous! Carrie is singing so slow no wonder its a long show. Her acting is very forced. Lack of experience is really showing.
KINKY BOOTS Recoups!  Oct 3 2013, 10:56:38 AM
Wow - fastest recoup for a big budget musical in recent history. Congratulations to all involved - that is fantastic!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You