pixeltracker

Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.

Julie Yard
#1Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 7:41pm

It's the 3rd story, and the show is starting late because of football so run and tune in..

Or I think their videos are available on their site for the week. Or maybe not.

Enjoy!

Dolittle

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#2Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 9:20pm

At least here in Boston, it only ran about 2 minutes late.  The piece was fine, but I found some of the stuff online more interesting.  In addition to the piece that aired, there are two other videos....one about the recording of the cd, and a "backstage tour".

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-making-of-the-hamilton-cast-album/

I think you should be able to see them all in the above post.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#3Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 10:25pm

Found this interesting - especially the online clips of the cast recording the album.  Odom was shining, and since they hardly mentioned him on the program (or anyone aside from Miranda), I'm glad he was highlighted here.  I did, however, find it interesting that Groff was not mentioned or shown at all.  The entire segment was focused on the minorities playing our Founding Fathers, which I understand, but if they want diversity to come across, why not show the whole spectrum of performers.  Would've liked to have heard more from the ladies too.

stargazer2 Profile Photo
stargazer2
#4Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 11:18pm

I think I enjoyed the online content at 60 minutes even more than the broadcast.  They could have easily done a full hour on Hamilton.  Just so happy to see this breaking into the mainstream.  Usually when I talk about Broadway shows to friends, they have no clue what I am talking about.  I am always pleasantly surprised to see when they get a Hamilton reference.  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#5Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 11:21pm

DramaTeach said: "I did, however, find it interesting that Groff was not mentioned or shown at all."

He got a chunk of the cast album Overtime piece! See around the 10-minute mark: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-making-of-the-hamilton-cast-album/

Updated On: 11/8/15 at 11:21 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#6Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 11:29pm

@DramaTeach-

Who is the "they" you are referring to? You make it sound like you think the production chose the content. 

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#7Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/8/15 at 11:33pm

DramaTeach said: and since they hardly mentioned him on the program (or anyone aside from Miranda)

It's because the piece was about Lin-Manuel Miranda

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#8Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:55am

Great piece. However, I found the online content much more satisfying then the actual broadcast. I am glad I looked online than simply watching it on TV. 

Not to be confused with Dave19.

indytallguy
#9Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 7:34am

DramaTeach said: "Found this interesting - especially the online clips of the cast recording the album.  Odom was shining, and since they hardly mentioned him on the program (or anyone aside from Miranda), I'm glad he was highlighted here.  I did, however, find it interesting that Groff was not mentioned or shown at all.  The entire segment was focused on the minorities playing our Founding Fathers, which I understand, but if they want diversity to come across, why not show the whole spectrum of performers.  Would've liked to have heard more from the ladies too.

"

Groff got his moment in one of the segments, I think on 60 Minutes Overtime and not the broadcast .... very up close with the camera with him singing.

Updated On: 11/9/15 at 07:34 AM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#10Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 7:52am

His moment?  They didn't even say his name!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#11Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 8:13am

Who lives? Who dies? Who tells your story on 60 Minutes?

TheresaG Profile Photo
TheresaG
#12Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 8:55am

I enjoyed it so much I decided to pay full price to see the show. However, after I went online to the Hamilton site and saw the ticket prices, I quickly changed my mind. And was disappointed the rest of the night. Now I'm going to pray to win their lottery. 

Loved his closing line: I've only written 2 shows. Yeah, but how many people write 2 shows this young in their lives and have 2 hits; one which will be one of the biggest in theater history?

indytallguy
#13Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 11:10am

dramamama611 said: "His moment?  They didn't even say his name!

"

Yep. You got me there.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#14Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 11:12am

The overtime piece on the recording is frankly among the best material. Don't miss it.  But I'm besotted with the show and biased toward any coverage.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#15Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:44pm

Someone on the "other board" has commented on the lack of clips from this show. That is no longer true, thanks to "60 Minutes."

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

DramaTeach Profile Photo
DramaTeach
#16Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:54pm

@HogansHero, the "they" to which I was referring wasn't the Hamilton production team; it was the 60 Minutes team. Must've missed the segment with the ladies and Groff.

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#17Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 1:57pm

That scene of him performing for the President years before the show was a show was fascinating. He truly is a ground breaker

When They Go Low, I Go High

TweetyPie2 Profile Photo
TweetyPie2
#18Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 2:30pm

Petralicious said: "That scene of him performing for the President years before the show was a show was fascinating. He truly is a ground breaker

And I liked his short hair!

"

What I want to know is, who is TweetyPie1?

mpd4165
#19Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 2:50pm

DramaTeach said: "I did, however, find it interesting that Groff was not mentioned or shown at all.  The entire segment was focused on the minorities playing our Founding Fathers, which I understand, but if they want diversity to come across, why not show the whole spectrum of performers.  Would've liked to have heard more from the ladies too."

1. The King George role is such a great comedic moment in the show, that I think it's good to keep under wraps.

2. For all of the amazing diverse actors/performers in the show, you're going to choose to complain that they didn't show the WHITE MALE? Really?

aaaaaa15
#20Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 3:34pm

I loved all the segments. Did have to laugh at 'In Hamilton, the women get equal time' then they never mention the women again after that one sentence. Would have loved to see the recording of Helpless/Satisfied/The Schuyler Sisters/Burn etc. But I understand that the cast were in the studio on different days so perhaps the cameras weren't there for that day.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#21Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 3:52pm

Petralicious said: "That scene of him performing for the President years before the show was a show was fascinating. He truly is a ground breaker"

That clip was the one that sold me on the whole idea of HAMILTON and the direction he was taking it in. It was on YouTube long before the show was produced at The Public and I obsessively watched it in anticipation of the show's opening.  

Petralicious Profile Photo
Petralicious
#22Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 3:58pm

CarlosAlberto said: That clip was the one that sold me on the whole idea of HAMILTON and the direction he was taking it in. It was on YouTube long before the show was produced at The Public and I obsessively watched it in anticipation of the show's opening.  

I can see why! He had a lot of cajones performing that when everyone including The President thought he would be performing In The Heights!

"

When They Go Low, I Go High

Brian07663NJ
#23Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 4:20pm

Thankful that I watched this 60 Minutes piece. I knew I had no interest in the show before and watching it only solidified it. Glad everyone is enjoying Hamilton but absolutely do not enjoy rap/hiphop. Not denying that it might very well be brilliant but I'd pour salt in my eyes and poke my ears out with pencils if I had to sit in that theater for the entire show.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#24Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 4:25pm

it might be more effective to poke your eyes out with pencils.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#25Hamilton story on 60 Minutes tonight.
Posted: 11/9/15 at 4:26pm

Brian07663NJ said: "Thankful that I watched this 60 Minutes piece. I knew I had no interest in the show before and watching it only solidified it. Glad everyone is enjoying Hamilton but absolutely do not enjoy rap/hiphop. Not denying that it might very well be brilliant but I'd pour salt in my eyes and poke my ears out with pencils if I had to sit in that theater for the entire show."

Updated On: 11/9/15 at 04:26 PM