News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gonnapassmealaw

gonnapassmealaw Profile Photo
Member Name: gonnapassmealaw
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 10-Minute Hairspray clip on MTV
 May 24 2007, 05:00:32 PM
The trailer looks good and I'm excited, although I am Travolta's accent is testy. As a Baltimore area native, I haven't heard anyone talk like that in the slightest.
re: Your Favorite Plays to Read / Study
 May 20 2007, 09:29:08 PM
I love reading the Sunday in the Park With George libretto. I was fascinated with it this winter, and will probably read it again this summer.
re: Men in Musical Theater
 May 10 2007, 04:53:04 PM
There are plenty of male leads. There is no male equivalent to Mama Rose.
re: Important plays to know...
 May 10 2007, 04:41:20 PM
Don't forget Hansberry (Raisin in the Sun AND To Be Young, Gifted and Black) and the August Wilson cycle.
re: Men in Musical Theater
 May 10 2007, 04:38:21 PM
I understand what you mean, Rentboy. I can name very few male tour de force like the ones you have mentioned. Women get some of the juciest and biggest parts on Broadway. Plays, however, offer many chances for men to shine.
re: Andrew Keenan-Bolger
 May 2 2007, 11:36:51 PM
I watch these everyday! I'm waiting for them to finish uploading the Elegies videos. They certainly have a star in that Cortney Wolfson.
re: Cool J, Rose, Rashad to Star in Black 'Cat' Revival?
 Apr 25 2007, 09:13:16 PM
I guess Anika Noni Rose is very hot on the markets right now. Either way, this does excite me.
re: Cool J, Rose, Rashad to Star in Black 'Cat' Revival?
 Apr 25 2007, 09:12:42 PM
I guess Anika Noni Rose is very hot on the markets right now. Either way, this does excite me.
re: Powerful,Meaningful,Moving Lyrics
 Apr 6 2007, 09:34:57 AM
we lose things,
and then we choose things.

Sunday in the Park with George

re: Top 5 Favorite Sondheim Act 1 Finales...?
 Feb 24 2007, 01:02:29 PM
1. Weekend in the Country
2. Sunday
3. Simple

Was Jennifer Holliday ever considered for the title role in Caroline, or Change?
 Feb 6 2007, 09:01:06 PM
I too, saw Julia Nixon as Caroline in D.C. and was completely moved by her performance as Caroline. She, dare I say, proved stronger than Pinkins herself, showing a larger range of quited and restrained emotion and vocal technique.

In regards to the question at hand: no. Caroline requires a leviathan amount of acting talent which Ms. Holliday has/had never possessed.

re: Black-Hispanic Actors?
 Jan 22 2007, 04:06:46 PM
Is it just me or did someone skip Sarcasm 101?
re: Scott Alan put up new music
 Jan 9 2007, 08:04:45 PM
Wait? There are young composers writing for musical theatre? I'm very pleased. I love Scott's work.
re: sung through musicals
 Jan 9 2007, 08:00:38 PM
Caroline, Or Change, although, with a few snippets of spoken dialogue is considered a sung-through musical by its creators, with its 53 songs.
re: Les Miz - Javert's Suicide
 Jan 2 2007, 01:58:12 AM
I was kind of lost with the rolling and flailing, also. Perhaps it was just my Javert. I understood the concept but definitely a question mark moment.
re: Did anyone see Jennifer Hudson at Hammerstein?..Comments
 Jan 2 2007, 01:49:56 AM
That is odd. She hasn't sang the song live on any of her television appearances. It is probably in an attempt not to make the song "over-played" and become a one-trick-pony a la her predecessing Jennifer. Also, that song is vocally taxing and emotionally taxing to sing. I'm not trying to validate her actions, by any means, but simply understanding what she was thinking.
re: What is your first show of 2007?
 Jan 2 2007, 01:47:47 AM
The Light in the Piazza at the Kennedy Center. It will be interesting seeing how this shows plays in that huge theatre after sititng second row at the intimate, beautiful Vivian Beaumont.
re: A Question for all the Old-Timers (Golden Age Broadway)
 Jan 2 2007, 01:35:45 AM
I believe that this has to do with a number of things: the time, the material, and distance.

We are now in a completely different era where most things are digital. We can send these posts to each other all over the world in seconds, and all of our communication as a community is through a computer, not in person. Whereas twenty years ago, any Broadway related chatter would have to be done in person, we are now rerouted to a completely impersonal and distant form of communication and ex

re: Company or Spring Awakening?
 Jan 1 2007, 11:50:08 PM
In 15 years you'll feel so much better about seeing Company than Spring Awakening.
re: Favorite Male Sondheim Solo
 Dec 28 2006, 01:38:11 AM
Not A Day Goes By- This was originally intended for Frank to sing, and is absolutely gorgeous.

(It also fits nicely on my tessatura)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You