News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RiffIt

RiffIt Profile Photo
Member Name: RiffIt
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mandy Patinkin: No
 Nov 21 2011, 01:30:45 PM
Patti and Elaine were onstage together for the Les Miz thing in London, as was Elena Roger.

Patti and Bernadette didn't seem as warm in their brief moment onstage together at Sondheim birthday concert, but maybe I'm just reading into it.

re: Patti almost not Madame Rose?
 Sep 19 2008, 02:05:04 PM
Patti did have a contract to do Sunset on Broadway - that's how she had a case against Lloyd Webber.

When Laurents' play, Jolson Sings Again, premiered at Seattle Rep in 1995, there was no question that Patti would be guaranteed the NY transfer were it to happen. This wasn't the issue. Patti just decided not to do the show. I'm not sure why. Maybe she didn't like it after all... maybe she didn't want to be in Seattle for months with a young son after just having been in LA and then Lo

re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
 Aug 17 2008, 12:15:00 PM
LOL. Ben Rimlower is Patti LuPone at Les Mouches.

Calm, down, flamers, I know Reginald didn't mean that...

re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
 Aug 15 2008, 03:37:12 PM
No question Leslie is among the most gifted actors or singers of her generation, arguably the most and is in the comedic league of Nathan Lane, Jackie Hoffman and the like.
re: Was Merman Losing to Martin a Shock at the Time?
 Jun 1 2008, 09:45:25 AM
I know I'm going out on a limb here, but I can't imagine that the 1959 Tony mattered as much to Ethel or Mary as Patti or any of the nominees now.

That was the Golden Age of Broadway and Ethel and Mary both had indisputably colossal careers on stage which, at that time, made them tremendous mainstream pop culture icons in a way that Broadway success doesn't do anymore.

Like her or hate her, Patti's career trajectory has been, at least in her eyes, or the eyes of we, her ra

re: Is Lupone Tony Bound?
 Apr 9 2008, 11:32:24 AM
LOL. Maybe she's just naturally more similar to Mrs. Lovett than to Rose! This is more of a stretch. Ha!
re: 'Ladies and gentlemen, Patti LuPone is not feeling well today.'
 Apr 7 2008, 11:30:22 AM
Oh please!! Bernadette's coughs were the most pleasing sounds she made in GYPSY.

Anyway, EVERYONE IS SICK RIGHT NOW. Let's just wait and see if this blows over.

And don't even try to talk to me about Benanti not having an announcement. The virtuoso part is Rose and we all know it.

Tastiskank?
 May 17 2007, 01:07:48 PM
I just heard one of their songs - hilarious. Anyone seen them?
re: LESLIE KRITZER IS PATTI LUPONE AT LES MOUCHE OCTOBER 27TH @ JOES PUB 9:
 Oct 27 2006, 10:12:55 AM
You people don't get it. I saw the show a few weeks ago.

This isn't some Forbidden Broadway impersonation stretched out for an hour - the original Patti LuPone Les Mouches show was such a specific sampling of that time in New York and in pop culture.

Leslie Kritzer is Patti LuPone at Les Mouches is a one-woman play, wherein Kritzer plays LuPone, not for the sake of playing LuPone, but as an incredibly interesting journey into the time capsule of New York 1980.

Read

re: Josh Walden - A New Force in Musical Theatre, re: ALL IS LOVE at NYMF
 Sep 20 2006, 04:19:58 PM
I am not Shoshana Bean!
re: Leslie Kritzer in Disco Drag
 Sep 20 2006, 09:50:39 AM
Amazing!
Josh Walden - A New Force in Musical Theatre, re: ALL IS LOVE at NYMF
 Sep 20 2006, 09:14:59 AM
Saw ALL IS LOVE, the thrillingly theatrical and romantic dance musical in NYMF. I don't normally appreciate dance, but the storytelling in Josh Walden's choreography is so striking, I really gave over to the experience. It's clear that Walden is more than Broadway triple threat, but a major voice in the future of musical theatre. I can only imagine what he could do with FOLLIES or WEST SIDE STORY. The production is gorgeous and the cast is wonderful (and gorgeous...) Anyone who cares about the
re: Can someone explain Patti LuPone?
 Sep 6 2006, 07:21:09 PM
It sounds like Leslie Kritzer is gonna try to make sense of it all!
re: Leslie Kritzer is Patti LuPone
 Sep 6 2006, 07:09:28 PM
Wow. Wow.

Because the Night? Wow. I wish we could hear Patti's version from the Les Mouches act AND Leslie Kritzer's embodiment of it.

Leslie Kritzer
 Sep 1 2006, 01:05:32 PM
Is she doing High Fidelity?
re: Side Show Returns to NY in New Off-Bway Production
 Sep 1 2006, 01:05:08 PM
Ryan Mekenian is a very good director. I think I saw him there too - he was cute! Anyone know his story?
re: Rufus Wainwright Musical
 Sep 1 2006, 01:03:11 PM
Very exciting!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You