pixeltracker

Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!

Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!

husk_charmer
#1Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 10:27am

Apparently Ghostlight is releasing this.

Very cool
Coked Out Patti.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

jennyish Profile Photo
jennyish
#3re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 11:13am

I don't know what Ghostlight has against my bank account . . .

I chose, and my world was shaken. So what? The choice may have been mistaken. The choosing was not.

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#5re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 11:28am

well now we know why Leslie was not able to release a recording of her version. She was set to do it and then it never came to be for some reason.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Reginald Tresilian Profile Photo
Reginald Tresilian
#6re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 11:31am

That would have been fun too. But if I had to choose . . .

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#7re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 11:32am

https://www.playbill.com/news/article/120423.html

Awww, man... I just made a thread for this myself re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD! re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

commasplice
#8re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 12:01pm

I don't know what Ghostlight has against my bank account . . .

SERIOUSLY.

Between Sh-k-boom/Ghostlight and PSClassics, I'm going to go bankrupt buying all the fantastic stuff they put out.

eta: I was just thinking that this could have been a fantastic two-disc set with Leslie Kritzer's concert, since it's already been recorded by Ghostlight and everything. Ah well, a girl can dream. Updated On: 8/14/08 at 12:01 PM

Brick
#9re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 12:24pm

Made. My. Day!

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#10re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 1:44pm

OMG.

Life=Complete.

patti2
#11re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 2:01pm

Yippee!

timote316
#9re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 2:21pm

Well, since it's already recorded, perhaps there's a chance at some point down the line that it'll be released. I mean, Patti's got released eventually too!

Ad Lick It
#10re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 3:10pm

Shouldn't the title of this thread be "Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD LEGALLY"?

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#11re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 3:14pm

Maybe they could so a cd and call it...

Leslie is LuPone is Live at Les Mouches

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#12re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:01pm

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thought "hmmm- so what does this mean for us ever getting Kritzer's cd?" upon reading this.

Connemara Profile Photo
Connemara
#13re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:06pm

I really wish I had seen Kritzer. Time to look for "alternate" recordings of the show(s). re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!

Ad Lick It
#14re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:12pm

Kritzer was GENIUS as Patti, she should have won an Obie. I don't know what went down, but I keep hoping they bring that back to Joe's.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#15re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:33pm

I've been waiting 27 years for this to be released!

Buck Profile Photo
Buck
#16re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:45pm

Same here, PalJoey. I dragged my Dad to see Patti at Les Mouches the night before she won her "Evita" Tony way back in 1980. What a night! The show was sold out so we stood at the bar behind a velvet rope. Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber were in the audience as well. What a performance and Patti belted to the rafters! Heaven Is A Disco indeed. Oh, my Dad became a fan as well that night. Great memories and I look forward to reliving them again.

Updated On: 4/6/22 at 04:45 PM

bobby_luvs_bway Profile Photo
bobby_luvs_bway
#17re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 4:54pm

I'm in Heaven. Anyone know what the songlist might be?

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#18re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 5:02pm

well, I know the CD will be different than the...audio of dubious legality I have (they mention "Mr. Tambourine Man" in the Playbill article, and I don't have that on my recording), but the songlist might look something like this:
Latin from Manhattan
Feeling Too Good Today
Love For Sale
Not While I'm Around (which is awesome and jazzy)
Meadowlark
Daddy Squeeze Me
Heaven Is a Disco
Downtown
Street of Dreams
Because the Night
Take Me As I Am
Rainbow High
Don't Cry For Me, Argentina
Happy Birthday (I have no idea why though)
Look To the Rainbow/Superman

and I am REALLY looking forward to more random ass Patti talk.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

bobby_luvs_bway Profile Photo
bobby_luvs_bway
#19re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 5:10pm

Givesmevoice - Thank you. I read the article too, but your list has me very intrigued. I've never heard of the song "Superman", does anyone know who wrote or orginally recorded it?

logan0215 Profile Photo
logan0215
#20re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 5:29pm

eta: I was just thinking that this could have been a fantastic two-disc set with Leslie Kritzer's concert, since it's already been recorded by Ghostlight and everything. Ah well, a girl can dream.

I think that was the original plan but that was vetoed by Patti/her people. I seem to remember hearing that she wanted to record it herself NOW and release it as a double with the original as well. Holy ego batman! (love me some Patti though).

Givemevoice: As its a live recording, someone in the audience had a birthday, thus the Happy Birthday track. "Mr Tambourine Man" was part of Leslie's set, so I'm assuming it was in the original as well.

I love America. Just because I think gay dudes should be allowed to adopt kids and we should all have hybrid cars doesn't mean I don't love America. [turns and winks directly into the camera] - Liz Lemon (Tina Fey) on 30 Rock

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#21re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 5:38pm

well, I assumed it was someone's birthday, but they never say a name during the song. that's why I was always a little confused.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

LEStheatreGuy
#22re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 5:49pm

FYI Superman was originally done by the Kinks.

Brick
#23re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 6:40pm

And it makes you wonder if this recording was why her camp pulled the plug on the Kritzer recording. Now as much as I adored Kritzer, I'm much happier with this!!

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#24re: Patti LuPone at Les Mouches on CD!
Posted: 8/14/08 at 6:47pm

Couldn't they release the original and the Kritzer as a double set? I'd buy it!

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

Videos