News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tirecage

Member Name: tirecage
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOME LIKE IT HOT On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread
 Jan 1 2023, 09:35:25 PM

JSquared2 said: "tirecage said: "

Thanks for your (somewhat dismissive) opinion on the balcony,GiantsInTheSky2, but I don’t know that reading it changes anything about my own observation of the balcony seat location I was in. I still call it a lousy seat.

Once upon a time, lottery seats were special, a la the front row lottery seats for Rent in the 90s, where you got a predetermined (read: front row) seating location at a bargain price. I think you completely missed the point of my post — calling seats “winning lottery” seats only to use them as excuses to unload less-than-desirable seats that can’t otherwise be sold at full price feels a bit disingenuous on the part of the box office, especially when the “full price” for the balcony seats are not much more than the lottery price.

Oh, and on a related note, I don’t — as a rule — pay full price for an “experience” at a struggling musical. Sorry ‘bout it.
"

Please consider going back to just "lurking". Your sense of entitlement is exhausting. HNY!
"

…when I can elicit bitchy remarks from the likes of you, JSquared2? No, it’s what I LIVE for. wink

Seriously though, dolls, let’s get this thread back on track and try to save this flailing show. HNY!

Dec 31 2022, 07:38:14 AM

dramamama611 said: "You know they don't have to do a lottery or rush AT ALL, right? Your entitlement is showing, and not a good look for a newbie.

You want good seats? Pay for them.
"

Here we go — dramamama611 living up to their name, huh? Entitlement is quite the strong word. Seems I’ve struck a nerve, though. Maybe we’re wading into a completely different discussion — are failing shows worth full-price tickets i

Dec 31 2022, 03:14:50 AM

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "tirecage said: "The powers that be over at SLIH have gotten mighty bold and stingy with their “winning lottery” ticket locations. A $40 ticket got me a side balcony seat - not much of a bargain, considering the cost of a full-price balcony seat is not all that much more. The kicker is that you are stuck with the lousy seat because you prepay for your lottery ticket upon winning without knowing your seat location. Pretty tricky way to sell o

Dec 30 2022, 03:37:20 AM

The powers that be over at SLIH have gotten mighty bold and stingy with their “winning lottery” ticket locations. A $40 ticket got me a side balcony seat - not much of a bargain, considering the cost of a full-price balcony seat is not all that much more. The kicker is that you are stuck with the lousy seat because you prepay for your lottery ticket upon winning without knowing your seat location. Pretty tricky way to sell off your crap seats by calling them winning lottery seats.

Confirmed: Radcliffe to lead MERRILY revival at NYTW
 Nov 26 2022, 01:33:11 AM

Let me echo the posters who have said to keep checking the NYTW website for ticket releases. Don’t give up. I was lucky enough to find a random seat today for a performance next week, just by checking at the right time. Fingers crossed for all who hope to see this production.

INTO THE WOODS Previews
 Jul 9 2022, 06:12:57 PM

Jason Fobach will be on tonight again for the Baker, FYI.

COMPANY To Close On July 31, 2022
 Jun 23 2022, 10:14:39 PM

Affirmative. Full cast tonight. And on FIRE!

Tony Goldwyn in The Inheritance
 Jan 12 2020, 02:15:37 AM
Add me to the chorus of raves for Tony Goldwyn’s performance in Part 2. He’s the consummate pro - you’d never know this was his first week of shows. Definitely worth a second visit to the show if you missed out on seeing Mr. Goldwyn’s take on Henry Wilcox.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/17/19
 Nov 18 2019, 08:12:00 PM

I love Kristin. I really do. But based on the PLETHORA of empty seats in the orchestra and mezzanine for this past Saturday evening's show, the "100% capacity" numbers were clearly fudged. Now, question is, what is the motive behind wanting to incorrectly report sold-out crowds throughout the run?

Refer To Actor By First Name
 Apr 21 2019, 10:13:26 PM
PS - Angela, Audra, and Patti send their regards, yankeefan. (Was my grammar correct?)
Refer To Actor By First Name
 Apr 21 2019, 07:34:29 PM

Seriously?!

You called it yourself. You're being too picky. This is a message board, not a formal review. Get over yourself, and have several seats, please.

All My Sons Extra Ticket
 Apr 20 2019, 10:20:59 PM

How VERY tacky. If you have an extra ticket, be generous and share the wealth. Invite a friend. Take someone who has never seen a Broadway show and introduce them to the magic of live theatre.

But no, you chose to try and pawn off one of your comp tickets for another freebie. You’re no better than the tote bag trolls wandering the lines in front of theatres who EXPECT someone with an “extra ticket” to give it to them, free of charge.

You’re c

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 5 2019, 01:38:41 AM

No problem, Dkinny23. 

Hadestown: $49 + $4 Handling Fee = $53

Be More Chill: $49 + $4 Handling Fee = $53

Beetlejuice: $49 + $4 Handling Fee = $53

Oklahoma: $49.50 + $4 Handling Fee = $53.50

(FYI - Broadway musicals tend to be $49, while plays are usually $43. Off-Broadway shows run around $33 and below.)

Previews
 Dec 9 2018, 10:47:40 AM

Sorry, amoni. It was late, and I was in “stream of consciousness” mode as I wrote. Tried to get out as much as I could remember. Fixed. yes

Previews
 Dec 9 2018, 12:56:41 AM

After taking 24 hours to reflect upon whether my reaction to the show last night was too harsh... Nope. It was truly awful. Like “icky feeling” awful. I literally paid $5 each for a pair of tickets, and I feel ripped off. I’m going to try to muster the energy to go into more detail, but I feel like my theatrical spirit has been broken after experiencing this atrocity. Here we go (spoilers abound...)

Ruben didn’t know the words to the Christmas songs. There w

Previews
 Dec 8 2018, 01:18:56 AM

I never knew a holiday musical could make me feel so depressed. And then I saw tonight’s performance of Ruben & Clay’s Christmas Show.

Dream Cast Deena in Dreamgirls Revival
 May 29 2018, 12:46:28 AM

Saw her live last week, and her vocals were incredible, She captures the range of Lorrell's emotions so effortlessly. Check her out in London if you can!

Dream Cast Deena in Dreamgirls Revival
 May 29 2018, 12:39:57 AM

Asmeret Ghebremichael SLAYS Lorrell in London. I can't imagine anyone else more perfect for the role, assuming she wants to transfer.

Ticket taken. Please delete.
 Feb 17 2018, 05:52:17 PM

Ticket taken. Please delete.

The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 8 2017, 02:58:36 AM

What a nice surprise when I picked up my tickets for SpongeBob tonight, just a few minutes before curtain. A very sweet woman at the Box Office looked at my tickets (Center Mezz, Row G) and wrote down an alternate location on the back, with her signature. "Show this to the usher," she told me. Turns out she relocated us to Center Orchestra Row K, on the center aisle. Thanks, TDF (and a very accommodating Box Office at the Palace)! By the way - the show is surprisingly fantas

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You