News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MollySim

Member Name: MollySim
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: La Jolla's 'The Wiz'
 Dec 18 2006, 12:11:44 PM
I have a friend who worked on it, who says it is transfering but there is still a question of when... plus they facility that will work with the technological aspects of this production.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/5/2006
 Nov 7 2006, 11:09:44 AM
Those reviews certainly took their toll on Twyla's show... Yikes!
re: 'Times They Are A-Changin' Reviews
 Oct 27 2006, 11:01:53 AM
How long do you think this show has?
re: The Times They Are A-Entertainin'
 Oct 15 2006, 03:40:22 PM
Nice to read a positive opinion... I completely agree.
re: Times They Are A-Changin' RUSH/SRO
 Oct 10 2006, 10:10:27 AM
I thought that this show was refreshing... sure it doesn't make much sense if you don't use your own imagination to fill in the gaps, but I think that is what makes it different. I love the use obscure references and the fact that it isn't your run of the mill musical... I wish some of the numbers were different or not there (i.e. the stupid song with the animal costumes) but I didn't think it was so bad that it wasn't worth seeing. I hope they get at least a few months out of this one.
re: Manuel Exits The Times They Are A-Changin'; Standby Lisa Brescia Assume
 Oct 3 2006, 11:28:58 PM
Did anyone see this tonight?
re: THE TIMES THEY ARE A-CHANGIN' - 6th Preview - 9/29/06
 Oct 2 2006, 11:34:21 AM
Although I know I am in the minority, I think it is not as bad as everyone is saying. I tend to go for the abstract pieces of theatre and not the mainstream musicals, but I still thought it had it's redeeming qualities. I thought the ensemble was amazing, the band was great and Arden was fantastic. I say, go and see it and decide for yourself. The design is beautiful, with fantastic sets, costumes and surreal lighting. But then again, maybe it is just me.

Molly

Oct 1 2006, 05:44:03 PM
Michael IS really good in the show, so that is reason enough to attend.
 Oct 1 2006, 04:51:20 PM
KEVO-

Thank you for saying something positive about this show. I was beginning to think I was the only one who enjoyed this show. I think of it more as an art piece, not a musical. I thought the show was beautiful, despite its flaws, and would recommend it to anyone just because of the talent of the ensemble. I agree that CLM was not wonderful, but I thought both Arden and Sesma were. I think that Twyla's vision does not translate to anyone, but people should go see it with an ope

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You