News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for elphie_defies

elphie_defies Profile Photo
Member Name: elphie_defies
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RUMORS by Neil Simon
 Dec 11 2007, 10:43:22 PM
I'm assistant directing this play at my high school – it is SO much fun!
re: So just how good is Wicked?
 Jun 27 2007, 11:31:17 AM
I disagree about the ending. It is still very sad for me, even though to some it may seem like a "typical sappy Broadway happy ending." It is not as [i]depressing[/i] as they could have made it, but it is very bittersweet.
re: Lisa Brescia in 'Wicked'
 Jun 27 2007, 11:01:01 AM
I just saw Lisa Brescia in Wicked this past Sunday (6/24/2007), and I thought she was quite good.
re: So just how good is Wicked?
 Jun 27 2007, 10:56:51 AM
Wicked is my favorite thing in the whole world (not just musicals ). But, as other people have stated, it is always a matter of opinion.
re: The First Play You Ever Saw?
 Jun 4 2007, 09:30:36 PM
First musical: Wicked (tour, 2005). That's what got me into theatre.
First play: Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (tour, 2007)
First show on Broadway: Phantom of the Opera (as of June 16, 2007!)

re: Eden Espinosa
 Jun 3 2007, 08:00:09 PM
I love Eden - she is such an amazing performer, with an incredible voice. I have seen her twice in Wicked, and the one time I went to the stage door, she was so sweet.

re: Your best feeling leaving a show
 May 28 2007, 08:14:55 PM
After I see Wicked I am in shock for at least a week after - partly because I can't believe I have actually seen it, and partly because it is so incredible. I love Wicked.

re: Ted Neeley in JCS review - May 27th 2007 (SPOILERS)
 May 28 2007, 07:52:13 PM
I saw JCS with Ted Neeley when it was in San Francisco. I agree with some of the comments on here (especially King Herod's orange Crocs. What is up with that?). I think Ted is too old to be playing Jesus, but it seems like he really loves it, so why shouldn't he? I personally thought the slow motion opening was cool - it pulled me into the show.

Wonderwaiter, you're right: at the stage door he was so unbelievably kind and courteous. He made sure he knew how to spell our

re: What FILM Version Do You Think is BETTER than the PLAY?
 May 27 2007, 09:00:01 PM
There are many parts of Rent the movie that I enjoy more than the live show. I really liked the live show, but there wasn't enough character development for me. In the movie, all the characters get character development. Also, I am slightly biased towards the movie because I can watch Idina Menzel perform whenever I want to.
re: pirate queen review 5/27
 May 27 2007, 08:37:10 PM
I'm so glad you liked it. I'm seeing it in June, and I could not be more excited!

re: Show us your Cast ALbum collection!
 May 27 2007, 08:23:44 PM
Here's my list. I'm working on it:
http://www.castalbums.org/users/421/collection/

re: One CURRENT Show That You Would See EVERY NIGHT !!!???
 May 27 2007, 07:31:16 PM
Wicked, definitely. I cannot get enough of it. I wouldn't want to see it EVERY night, though – I would still want it to be a special occasion.
re: When I think about it...Is Wicked THAT good?
 May 12 2007, 12:32:53 PM
Wicked was the first Broadway show I ever saw, and now I love many different shows. But, Wicked will always be my favorite because it touched me like nothing else in my life ever has.

re: Let's talk merch.
 Apr 8 2007, 10:45:06 PM
I always get the program, but I only get other things like shirts if I really like the show.
Btw, what are window cards?

re: Magic Theater Moments
 Mar 11 2007, 11:02:18 PM
For me, it's the Act One finale of Wicked. The two times I saw it, I was shaking, crying, and practically hyperventilating (all in a good way, of course.). A man in front of me was concerned that there was something seriously wrong . It was my first Broadway show ever, and I had had no idea it would move me so much.

Title song
 Mar 1 2007, 10:13:29 PM
Rent is awesome, as is Phantom of the Opera. I also really, really like Legally Blonde.

re: Today's Birthdays 3/2
 Mar 1 2007, 10:10:42 PM
Those are so cool! My birthday is 3/2 also.

First show EVER
 Feb 23 2007, 02:30:04 PM
September 7, 2005: Wicked on tour in San Francisco. My first show ON Broadway will be the Phantom of the Opera when I go to New York this June!
re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
 Feb 5 2007, 11:58:23 PM
All of the people in Wicked (especially the women who play/played Elphaba). They are all so talented, and Wicked was my first Broadway show, and it is still my favorite. Now I love a lot of other musicals, so I am really grateful to those actors and actresses for showing me what was so wonderful about theatre.
re: What Broadway Character Do You Relate To?
 Jan 29 2007, 11:35:23 PM
Definitely Elphaba in Wicked. She inspires me so much. I have always had "obsessions" - my current being Wicked/Broadway in general, and a lot of people don't get it. I could go into a whole essay about why I identify with Elphie, but I think you get the picture.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You