pixeltracker

what person do you admire in the theatre and why???

what person do you admire in the theatre and why???

Here_I_Go_Again
#1what person do you admire in the theatre and why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:13pm

Updated On: 2/5/07 at 11:13 PM

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#2re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:14pm

Everyone.

They're insane to do what they do for as minimal respect as the country gives it and as little money they make doing what they love.

I can't wait to join them.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

gumbo2 Profile Photo
gumbo2
#2re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:16pm

^ couldn't have said it better myself. To give it your all (hopefully) 8 times a week...it's such an incredible thing to see.

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#3re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:16pm

re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???

Rita Wilson, hands down. She managed to make it up onto the wall at Sardi's making her Broadway debut as an 8-week replacement in CHICAGO. Now THAT is admirable.

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)
Updated On: 2/5/07 at 11:16 PM

Here_I_Go_Again
#4re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:18pm

hahah, i agree, i was thinking chita.. i mena come on 74 and still touring 8 times a week

BSoBW2
#5re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:20pm

Huey Lewis.

To have the nerve to perform the way he does every night in CHICAGO...my friends, that isn't chutzpah. That's plain old, hardcore, American cajones.
Updated On: 2/6/07 at 11:20 PM

eatlasagna
#6re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:22pm

Lea Salonga... being Filipino... there's hardly any good Filipino role models out there for us.... she's just awesome!

RentBoy86
#7re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:40pm

Patrick Wilson - he's had the kind of success I could hope for. He's great in all different mediums and isn't scared of doing something "out there."

Wanna Be A Foster
#8re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:45pm

Might I ask what you consider to be "out there"?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
WesternSky2
#9re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:45pm

Oh, BSo, you slay me!

galindagirl2 Profile Photo
galindagirl2
#10re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:55pm

Definitely Stephanie J. Block, without a doubt. She's such an incredibly talented performer, yet she's one of the kindest, most down-to-earth people I've ever met.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#11re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:56pm

Amy Spanger. She is so hot and amazingly talented.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Wanna Be A Foster
#12re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:58pm

Oh, Winston, honey, you didn't get the memo, did you.

-Kad

elphie_defies Profile Photo
elphie_defies
#13re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/5/07 at 11:58pm

All of the people in Wicked (especially the women who play/played Elphaba). They are all so talented, and Wicked was my first Broadway show, and it is still my favorite. Now I love a lot of other musicals, so I am really grateful to those actors and actresses for showing me what was so wonderful about theatre.

"Today I start my quest to find my special destiny." - Wicked, pre-Broadway

mattonstage Profile Photo
mattonstage
#14re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:05am

Stephen Sondheim. Because he's managed to have people lined up to back his shows, even though he's not considered "commercial" and a money-maker. He's written the shows he wants to write.

I killed the boss, you don't think they're gonna fire me over a thing like that!!!!

neelyohara Profile Photo
neelyohara
#15re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:52am

re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???

...Amazingness.

Not today, Geraldine.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#16re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:56am

Foster, what memo?

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

Julian2
#17re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:56am

Kristen Chenoweth, because she's a proud public Christian but isn't an annoying ****or hated for being one.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Wanna Be A Foster
#18re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 12:59am

Amy's happily married.

-Kad

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#19re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:02am

1. Wayman Wong
2. Seth Rudetsky
Both because they are great interviewers and have done great things to raise money for Broadwaycares. I admire them.
PS Seth and Wayman support theater, they don't destroy it.
I admire both of them very much. And Seth is funny!

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#20re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:39am

Foster,

Spanger divorced Hall this spring. It was very hush hush but they still got divorced none the less.

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#21re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:50am

Ann Reinking- one of the best choreographers, ever...next to Bob Fosse
Betty Buckley- pure class
Neil LaBute- one of the best playwrights since Miller is dead
But I must admit, I admire anyone with that much talent and energy to make it in the theater world!!!!

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

jeniferrenepatricia
#22re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:51am

But I must admit, I admire anyone with that much talent and energy to make it in the theater world!!!!

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

jeniferrenepatricia
#23re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:51am

jeniferrenepatricia
#24re: what person do you admire in the theatre why???
Posted: 2/6/07 at 1:57am

sorry about the three postings...my computer went a little crazy...

Videos