News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mightydog

mightydog Profile Photo
Member Name: mightydog
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Next To Normal going to Circle in the Square?
 Feb 15 2008, 10:51:59 AM
N2N's set would not work at Circle in the Square. Besides, Title of Show is strongly rumored to be taking the theatre. I heard that N2N would perhaps move to the Music Box but according to the gossip this morning August: Osage is moving there. Maybe it will take the Helen Hayes?

LOL the saga continues.

re: Legally Blonde Closing Rumor? (It's not what you think)
 Nov 30 2007, 06:04:40 PM
Time to ask for smarter friends for Christmas.
re: 'DESPERATELY SEEKING SUSAN' closes in Londons West End.
 Nov 30 2007, 09:56:05 AM
I never understood how a film with such iconic music can be made into a musical without the music from the film. Whether it be Desperately Seeking Susan, The Wedding Singer etc... I just don't get it. The emotional connection to these films is more than just the story.
re: some one got it right about the producers
 Nov 24 2007, 05:28:42 PM
Did you really need to start a new thread to rehash the same old BS? Has anyone considered that maybe in 121 years the previous negotiators were willing to cave in to extortionist demands and finally some people with cajones said enough is enough?
re: SA Question
 Nov 14 2007, 06:26:35 PM
either one or both of the actors could "fake" it. LOL
re: THE STRIKE 101 -- WHAT THEY ARE FIGHTING ABOUT
 Nov 14 2007, 04:34:10 PM
I guess it is the same type of true rumor as the accusation that Local 1 featherbeds? Give it a rest.
re: SA Question
 Nov 14 2007, 04:32:27 PM
Oh sweet Jesus.... Rudy got rid of the p*rn theatres on Broadway years ago.
re: THE STRIKE 101 -- WHAT THEY ARE FIGHTING ABOUT
 Nov 14 2007, 04:29:44 PM
Did I miss something? I don't ever remember paying a surcharge or a union busting fee. Theatre restoration fees for the upkeep and renovation of the theatre, making theatres handicap accesable, installation of infrared hearing systems etc but not to finance a war against any union.

What the theatres and producers do with the box office receipts is their business. Just like the fees they pay to the credit card companies and city and state for sales taxes etc. I have no claim on tha

re: Is there anyone who hates local one right now and considres themselves
 Nov 13 2007, 04:44:49 PM
I am liberal. While I don't hate the union members for doing what their leadership has instructed them to do, I do find the leadership to be quite ill-equipped to do anything other than whine, bully and hold Broadway hostage.
re: GODSPELL returns to Broadway, summer 2008
 Oct 15 2007, 03:49:29 PM
Someone should do some research on the Paper Mill production. There should be some answers to the questions there.

"...Godspell will reunite the creative team of the critically-acclaimed 2006 Paper Mill Playhouse conception in a completely new production..."

Everything's good that you didn't do
 Jul 19 2007, 10:47:11 AM
Bway Insider I don't dispute your math assumptions. My point was I felt the producers were mismanaging the finances. Covering almost every bus in the city costs more than $65K per week etc. It is about getting the best return on the money spent and frankly it looks like they just threw money at the problem without solving the problem.

In comparison, wasn't one of Spring Awakening's producers quoted a few weeks ago saying they had recouped 25% or more? It has grossed a little more t

re: Riedel on Grey Gardens' Closing
 Jul 18 2007, 12:51:20 PM
Wasn't East of Doheny involved with "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang"?

Grey Gardens has a cummulative gross of more than $16 million and has been reported that it will close without returning a penny to the investors. If that isn't financial mismanagement I don't know what is...

re: What's next for the St. James now that YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN is headed to
 Jul 13 2007, 04:55:46 PM
Where is Pinter's "Homecoming" going?

edited Here to Where

re: Broadway.com doesn't like Spring Awakening?
 Jul 7 2007, 03:21:44 PM
Wanna Be is correct. The reccomended shows pay to be placed in that listing.
re: Rosie O'Donnell's Response to Grey Garden Closing.
 Jul 3 2007, 08:59:57 AM
I thought any time a "guest" provided items to be given away to the audience they were listed as a promotional sponsor? Not just Sprinng Awakenign but any show that provided tickets, T-shirts, hats, CDs etc are all promotional sponsors aren't they?
re: Telecharge Purposely Blocking Best Buyers from Website!
 Jun 13 2007, 11:56:29 AM
Born to Reign - I actually know some people who are trying to develop just such a system. However, if the organization that owns the most B'way theatres also owns the incumbent leading ticketing company it might be a tough road.
re: Telecharge Purposely Blocking Best Buyers from Website!
 Jun 13 2007, 10:07:06 AM
Isn't Telecharge owned by the Shubert Organization?
re: spring awakening at tkts
 Jun 12 2007, 02:31:16 PM
Dirty Rotten - No one said they were at the booth downtown today for tomorrow.
re: A Second Letter to the Folks Behind Spring Awakening
 Jun 12 2007, 11:05:59 AM
Michael Cerveris was involved with previous readings and workshops of Spring Awakening. He was last involved with the Lincoln Center worshop where he played a character that was subsequently cut from the show. I imagine he has a close personaly friendship with a number of people involved with the production?
re: Grey Gardens - Ebersole
 Jun 10 2007, 11:50:19 AM
He left because he did not like Act 1 at all. Yes he probably should have stayed since Act 2 is much better in my opinion. But he is not narrow minded or a poser.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You