News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ICEcreamAssassin

ICEcreamAssassin Profile Photo
Member Name: ICEcreamAssassin
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Back from Les Miserables at the Hollywood Bowl
 Aug 11 2008, 02:55:27 AM
uh just got back from the show. lol

A wonderful concert for fans of the show but a seriously abridged version.

Loved Valjean, J Mark McVey was fantastic. This man moved me to tears! Second stand out was Lea Michele. I've never heard her sing due to the fact that I have yet to listen to Spring Awakening. She was just awesome. The people around me were commenting on how lovely her voice was. BSM was good but seemed a little weak. Maybe the outdoor venue does something to cer

re: Theatre in San Diego
 Jul 15 2008, 11:51:12 PM
Aw I miss the civic theater. Such a great venue for touring musicals. I saw my first professional touring production there, phantom of the opera. Followed by Dreamgirls, JCS twice and countless others. People in SD need to support more of the arts, seriously! La Jolla Playhouse is great too.
re: 9 To 5 Commercial
 Jul 15 2008, 11:47:11 PM
wow the commercial is a little grating. Still going to the Ahmanson to see this!! Can't wait.
re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
 Jul 15 2008, 11:45:24 PM
Goddess - I agree. Ted Neeley is my Jesus (well in musical-film form and what the hell in the live show) and Carl Anderson was amazing R.I.P.

It would take a very talented person to bring this to life on screen again. Honestly, it almost sounds like a marketing nightmare. Many religious people find the material to be blasphemous. I'm sure there will be someone offended by it just like in the early 70's. I thinks its a beautiful, touching story with fresh music. It really doesn't fe

re: People Focus....News of a Jesus Christ Superstar Movie Remake and A Wic
 Jul 15 2008, 10:51:50 AM
Does anyone remember the rumor about JCS movie remake starring Chris Cornell from Sound Garden. Really old rumor.

As I watching Wanted I noticed they flashed the Wicked Marquis in Chicago. Upon second viewing I caught Marc's name on the opening credits.. A ha! lol

re: Cry-Baby to Close on Broadway June 22
 Jun 18 2008, 09:52:17 PM
well I guess I can strike this show from my must see list in August. On the bright side, now I can squeeze in Xanadu.

Best of Luck Cry Baby company!!

re: Best/Worst Performance at the Tony's?
 Jun 16 2008, 04:37:04 PM
Mauriposa, You're right, Wilson Jermaine Heredia. So sorry. I saw the show back in 1996 with Wilson cruz as Angel..so I always remember that cast. My apologies to WJH.

I forgot to mention the obvious but Cheyenne is freakin delicious.. did you see those legs?? my god! lol

oh and Lion King was Awful.

re: Best/Worst Performance at the Tony's?
 Jun 16 2008, 04:33:27 AM
Best : XANADU, Gypsy (Wow Patti, Wow), In The Heights (have to see this show now!!!) Sunday in the Park with George (took my breathe away)

Worst: Passing Strange (wtf?), A Catered Affair, Rent (I was actually excited about the original cast performance but it was a complete mess. Whats the story on Wilson Cruz?)

btw Whoopi was completely un-necessary. She didn't really host anything! She was just there. I loved the bit in the Poppins Rig.. other than that.. worthless.

re: LIZA WAS A HOT MESS TONIGHT!
 Jun 16 2008, 04:27:45 AM
omg she was rockin' those legs! damn. I thought she was gonna pounce on Paolo. Or at least tear open that suit jacket! lol love liza, she can do no wrong! :)
re: Peter Parker and Mary Jane Casting?
 Feb 12 2008, 02:59:21 AM
Well it looks like the parts have been cast:
see link

re: SHREK the Musical to open 12/14 at the Broadway Theatre
 Feb 12 2008, 02:51:47 AM
love tesori, love sutton.. so i'm going to wait and see what happens here.. I really hated Shrek 3 but the first two movies were great fun.

re: Why Hairspray and not LB or Xanadu?
 Feb 12 2008, 02:46:24 AM
I agree with ALLOFMYLIFE, LB is a great fun show and there are moments and songs that are pretty damn good..

Have not seen xanadu but the show seems like a joke that the audience is in on.. so dont know what to expect.

I did not like Hairspray when I saw it in NYC. So boring, no energy..I was soo disappointed after listening to the cast recording every day for 4 months. The movie was ... "so much better.. " lol

BTW Hairspray is a lot more relevant compared to the

re: Any TORI AMOS news?
 Feb 2 2008, 04:38:18 PM
I am excited to see her write songs from an established story. I remember reading that neil gaiman was somehow involved in a muscial with tori..? Lately her albums have been more themed to the character(s) in each song. She is a great performer and not a copy cat. who cares if she made have denied her early influences. We are all influenced by a great many people but seem to find our own voice!

re: Los Angeles announces a Broadway makeover!
 Feb 1 2008, 02:57:23 AM
Missy thats an artist rendering of Broadway in Downtown LA. The pantages is on sunset blvd in hollywood. I think they were putting up show marquis to give a sense of NYC in Downtown LA.
re: What Are You Listening To Now?
 Jan 31 2008, 10:30:45 PM
ONCE... would that be considered a musical..well musical movie..
re: LA broadway!
 Jan 31 2008, 10:23:16 PM
aww you guys are soo mean.. btw I agree lets wait until the project is somewhere near completion before we get crazy about what shows will be there. I hope it won't be a carbon copy of NYC staples like phantom and mamma mia.. but you never know.
re: The Color Purple LA
 Dec 27 2007, 12:18:56 AM
This is such a great show!.. I can't wait to see it here in LA. NY cast was amazing. Glad you liked it.
re: OMIGOD YOU GUYS!: Clumsy LOVES Noah-Emmett and Stage Mishaps: Legally B
 Nov 11 2007, 10:50:12 PM
omg i was at this performance!! I was in nyc on business and I had a free night so I decided to see LB. Seat E105. Ok so I didnt know why LBB sat on the floor during the class scene. I was thinking why wouldnt they sit on benches too?? This is my first time seeing it so I did not see anything wrong. I saw the stagehand run to fix the door but I didnt understand why he ran directly in front of that big set piece when he could have maybe gone around it as to not be seen by the audience? dunno.
re: New Little Mermaid Photos
 Oct 25 2007, 05:15:09 AM
There is a short video on yahoo about the costumes..

re: goofy's reviews: RENT, XANADU, SA, POPPINS, ACL, LB
 Aug 15 2007, 08:38:04 AM
chayenne is gorgeous!!! damn! great reviews so far...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You