New Little Mermaid Photos

BroadwayTonight Profile Photo
BroadwayTonight
#1New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:46pm

New Little Mermaid Photos

Disney has some new pictures up from The Little Mermaid. It looks really stunning! If the show is as beautiful as it appears in photos, its going to be amazing.

The Lunt is a pretty small theatre too, isn't it? I remember seeing Beauty and the Beast there in the mezz, and the view was great.
Mermaid Pics

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#2re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:52pm

Is she "really" standing thru that plant like skirt ? I saw all the pictures...Thank you btw...

Her tail looks gross.. she has one pic with Prince Eric..she looks like she's on a soap dish !

I like some of the pics though !

J*

Updated On: 10/23/07 at 04:52 PM

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:53pm

Finally, some pictures that actually give a hint to how visually incredible this show is :)

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:53pm

Well, these pix are the first thing to pique my interest in this show. Can't wait to read the trade reviews.

JKlock Profile Photo
JKlock
#4re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 4:54pm

haha John Tracey Egan looks so funny as the chef

http://two-sails.blogspot.com/

mauriposa
#5re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:00pm

The sets look amazing. But I'm still not sold on the costuming. I'm sure they must seem better on stage.

Broadway Dancer Profile Photo
Broadway Dancer
#6re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:02pm

With each new set of photos, I like Ariel's costume more, but dislike Ursula's even more.

TWSFan4Ever Profile Photo
TWSFan4Ever
#7re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:07pm

To me, it looks amazing re: New Little Mermaid Photos

JoizeyActor Profile Photo
JoizeyActor
#8re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:29pm

Why won't they show Sebastian?

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#9re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:39pm

It looks very pretty. It SOUNDS horrid. Ariel's voice is, as they say, "pitchy".

PEACE.

Funny Face Profile Photo
Funny Face
#10re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:42pm

Looks pretty good. The Kiss the Girl scene still looks like an acid trip to me, though.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#11re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:57pm

Those looks soooo pretty...most of them.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#12re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 5:57pm

I strongly dislike the costumes. I used to be quite excited about this show, now I'll just wait for the cast recording to listen to Sherie's "Poor Unfortunate Souls."

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#13re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:02pm

Now we're missing Sebastian and Scuttle.

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#14re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:03pm

I saw the show in Denver and thought it was really good. I haven't heard anyone say anything about Sierra and being "pitchy" but if that has been a problem, then she was on top of her game the night I was in the Opera House. The pictures I do think help a lot; the show is pretty visually stunning. There are some things that need to be changed; particularly Flounder's costume and I would like to see some changes in the book during Act II; I wonder about what they're doing about Sebastian also...why no pix. :-P

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#15re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:04pm

I think they are not showing those characters that are only wearing plain t-shirts re: New Little Mermaid Photos

J*

being.jeremiah
#16re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:16pm

They're not showing characters with major costume changes, in my opinion.

Yankeefan007
#17re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:17pm

That picture of them in the boat with the people floating looks like Zambella's designs for Aladdin at Disneyland.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#18re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:43pm

I was thinking more along the lines of The Lion King's Can You Feel The Love Tonight.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#19re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 6:56pm

About the Lunt: A lot of people in here seem to think the Lunt is a bigger theater and that the view isn't that great from the rear orchestra or rear mezzanine. I have to partially disagree. The Lunt may be a bigger theater in terms of length (but it is not as wide of a theater), but I thought the views from the rear were pretty decent. I sat in the rear mezz the first two times I saw it - the show is so grand that you see the whole picture. The closest I got to it was Row Y center a couple of weeks before it closed. And I didn't really have a problem making out facial expressions and I got to see the entire picture. And the mezzanine overhang didn't bother me at all.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

AvenueQResident Profile Photo
AvenueQResident
#20re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:01pm

Okay, those photos have raised my hopes for it. Some of them look gorgeous. Fingers crossed!

Everything in life...is only for now.

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#21re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:03pm

I wish they could do a better job with hiding Sierra's legs. That is really distracting and Ursula! She doesn't have arms, she has streamers. In that picture showing above, I sure they were at Mardi Gra. She is frightening but in a very wrong way.

I just can't understand why this doesn't stand out to the designers? Is Sebastian's Costume alright? I would want my money back if any designer put fish in t-shirts.

The lighting looks good and the color scheme basically fits well. Oh well...

Pascal/Menzel/Bundy Profile Photo
Pascal/Menzel/Bundy
#22re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:07pm

wow. That's actually a good picture.

"It means nothing to come and sit in a theater night after night and immerse yourself in fantasy, only then to walk out the door and be unchanged in reality. This show will live on in our hearts. But where it truly must survive is in our actions, our compassion and our generousity of spirit towards one another." - Adam Pascal on the closing of RENT

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#23re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:15pm

I really love the KISS THE GIRL set. It looks so cool. Hopefully the lack of Sebastian, Scuttle, and Flounder costumes mean they are renovating them! I still don't know how I feel about Ariels pointy tail booty. I love the sets tho, well at least in the pics. And the eel costumes aren't as bad as I imagined. re: New Little Mermaid Photos

Overall I'd have to say the Ursula with Ariel/Eels is my fav. Along with Kiss the Girl.
Updated On: 10/23/07 at 07:15 PM

FutureAladdinOnB'Way
#24re: New Little Mermaid Photos
Posted: 10/23/07 at 7:50pm

These pictures are great, I can't wait to see more!

Videos