News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for yankee_fan907

yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
Member Name: yankee_fan907
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Re-Conceived production of PIPPIN!  Apr 15 2012, 09:20:08 PM
Just to clarify a few things, the production is supported by the Princeton Program in Theatre. This means that all of the rights were obtained properly, and it's not just "some student" having his way with the material. In fact, the guy who re-orchestrated the music spoke with Stephen Schwartz about the project and got his OK. Adam is an incredible guy who is also quite talented. I saw the production last night and thought that they did the show a service by adding a new, haunting perspectiv
Subtext You Didn't Know Was There  Oct 24 2011, 07:01:17 PM
You think that this particular Sondheim lyric is "just coincidence" considering how meticulous he is with all of his other lyrics? You realize the scene before it talks about adultery, right? The sexual undertones are obviously there for a reason. I suggest you go through the lyrics and think about it a little harder.
Adam Pascal replacing Chad Kimball in Memphis  Sep 5 2011, 06:15:49 PM
"He's 40 and reads 45..."

Is this serious? I really don't think so.

these might be worthy of facebook campaigns!  Sep 5 2011, 06:13:06 PM
"Actually, The Majestic should be The Andrew Lloyd Webber. Between CATS and PHANTOM, he not only put an amazing amount of asses in those seats, he has employed hundreds the world over. I'll go out on a limb and assume the Shuberts will honor him when PHANTOM turns twenty five."

I'm not so sure about this. Something tells me people might be hesitant about renaming a Broadway theater after a British import. Many people stress the musical as an American art form, and this would obviously

Has Book of Mormon changed its lyrics? *Warning spoiler*  Aug 7 2011, 07:50:16 PM
I keep thinking they should update the lyric about Johnny Cochran by replacing him with Jose Baez. "I got Casey free..." No?

what are some of the best melodys in a broadway show?  Jul 3 2011, 01:02:11 PM
"...what are some people's favorite melody's..."

The apostrophe in the last word can be read in two (and only two) separate ways:
1) The apostrophe can indicate possession, such as "the melody's pleasant tune."
2) The apostrophe can indicate a contraction for "melody is," such as "The melody's pleasant to my ear."

Unfortunately, neither of these cases apply to what you're saying here. If you want to show this "research" to anyone, you should know that the proper spelli

EXCLUSIVE: SPIDER-MAN's 'Geeks' to Be Cut From Show  Mar 25 2011, 12:32:05 AM
In a situation like this, what happens to the actors playing the Geek chorus? They still have signed contracts.
Lost in the Stars: Thoughts?  Feb 5 2011, 06:56:09 PM
Let's be honest here; the book was not "weak." It was literally the worst book of a musical I have EVER seen performed. Cooper's acting was cringe-worthy, even if his singing was good. Darrington also has an excellent voice, but I was confused as to why he was on stage the whole production. The direction, as others have said, was very lackluster. I had no idea what was happening the entire first act. I don't know who to blame, but I couldn't have disliked it more. I paid $0.00, and I stil
Free Chicago Fan Day Ticket  Jan 26 2011, 12:57:17 AM
I found out that I can't use my ticket because of something else that has come up. The first person to PM me will get it. (Note that I need some sort of mailing address since I live in New Jersey and won't be in New York before then.)

UPDATE: The ticket has been claimed. Thanks for your interest.

Sondheim interview Ch 7 (nyc) right now.  Dec 29 2010, 12:16:33 AM
I found it pretty dull, mostly because it was directed to the general public (as you'd expect). To summarize: Sondheim is very humble and hates some of his lyrics, including "I Feel Pretty."
Does WSS have alternate cast members (matinees etc)? Anyone to avoid? Thanks! nm  Dec 28 2010, 10:31:33 PM
Hmmm... I definitely saw Olivo. I know I saw the alternate Tony at the time, and Shingledecker sounded like it was right. I guess I was mistaken then. My opinions of the production still stand though. Haha
Does WSS have alternate cast members (matinees etc)? Anyone to avoid? Thanks! nm  Dec 28 2010, 09:04:52 PM
My advice: skip the production altogether, and just watch the movie instead. You'll save money since this revival is extremely uninspired IMHO.

To be a little more helpful, however: I saw Shingledecker, and he definitely was the best part of the show (along with Olivo). It's too bad everyone/everything else was so bland.

Looks like Andrew Jackson will be following the Scottsboro Boys  Dec 1 2010, 12:32:51 AM
The cast was told they're closing on January 2nd, so sorry to those of you who hoped it'd last a few weeks after the new year. And sorry I can't link you to anything, but this comes from a very, very, very reliable source related to the show itself.
Next to Normal Lottery.  Aug 30 2010, 09:43:11 PM
I saw American Idiot on Saturday with a "lotto loser" seat in the box for $37. If you sit on the inside, it's a fine view. If you're stuck on the outside, I'd ask to move to the mezz, otherwise you'll miss a lot.
Live from the Lincoln Center Discussion Thread  Aug 22 2010, 02:12:52 AM
"To answer your question, backwoodsbarbie, no. That reprise of "Honey Bun" is not initially in the script."

I hate to tell you, wickedfan, but you're just plain wrong. Another poster pointed this out, but you refused to listen. The "Honey Bun" reprise has been in the script. I performed the show back in high school and it was there. It was not added by Sher and Co.

Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!  Aug 20 2010, 12:31:35 PM
I had the same reaction to the housewives. Who the f*** cares?! I'm glad to hear that Jordin's first went well. I'm definitely going to try to revisit ITH soon.
For those who saw RENT at the Hollywood Bowl: please weigh in.  Aug 9 2010, 08:03:43 PM
Vernon, stop humoring the OP when there was clearly another thread about this exact topic already started.
Orfeh as Elphaba??  Aug 9 2010, 07:15:05 PM
I'm going to second what Adam said. Orfeh would be an awesome Diana, and I'd love to hear her version of that score, but there's no way Andy could pull off Dan, as much as I do like him. If the doctor's part weren't so high, maybe there'd be a chance of it being a stretch for him to do it.
Could anyone see Taymor's 'Across the Universe' on Broadway?  Jul 27 2010, 10:56:30 PM
It wouldn't be free if you had to buy a ticket.
Understudies that should have played the role full time  Jul 27 2010, 10:54:33 PM
Guys, I was kidding with the Bernadette joke. Hence it being a joke. I understand that everyone, no matter where they are now, must start somewhere.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You