Next to Normal Lottery.

rorschach37
#1Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 11:42am

I've never done the lottery before, but how has it been lately? Do you think I might have a good/ok chance of winning?

CockeyedOptimist2 Profile Photo
CockeyedOptimist2
#2Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 12:09pm

Haven't tried the lotto in the last month or two, but I walked by yesterday and it seemed pretty calm. Would you be willing to buy lottery loser tickets for $40? If so, you'll have a very good chance of getting in to see the show, win or lose.

rorschach37
#2Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 12:19pm

As long as I can see and hear every bit of the show perfectly and get the full experience, I'd be more than willing to pay that. I just wanted to try lottery because it's a little cheaper.

bwaynews Profile Photo
bwaynews
#3Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 4:52pm

Based on the last few times I've walked past The Booth during lotto time, I'd say you have a pretty good chance of winning :)

Follow twitter.com/bwaynews for photos, interviews, news, castings, giveaways and discussion :)

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#4Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 5:06pm

Where are the other seats they offer the losers?

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#5Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 5:19pm

I walked through Shubert Alley on Saturday about 5 minutes before they were about to call names and it seemed very calm. And from what I've been hearing it seems like they offer loser discounts every time pretty much.

The loser seats tend to be side orchestra. My friend had some difficulty seeing certain things 'cause she was all the way on the left side, but we moved to the mezz at intermission.

SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice Profile Photo
SimpleJoysHaveSimpleVoice
#6Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 8:05pm

do you know what other shows offer "loser" discounts?

"Bad theater is better than no theater" Some smart guy.

MeggilyWeggily08 Profile Photo
MeggilyWeggily08
#7Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 8:11pm

My lotto loser seat at N2N was right orchestra, but it was on the aisle so I had no problem seeing anything.

Mark_E Profile Photo
Mark_E
#8Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 9:07pm

I was first name called yesterday afternoon! Had great seats in the front row. They offered lottery loser tickets for $40 after. Theatre seemed to be pretty full.

P.S. Everyone at the ROA lottery last night won!

legally_popular Profile Photo
legally_popular
#9Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 9:25pm

do you know what other shows offer "loser" discounts?

Besides N2N, In the Heights offers them (depending on many available seats there are, which seems like often if not every performance) and Rock of Ages has their $36.50 student rush they usually announce after the lottery. Million Dollar Quartet seems to be a guarantee win as well.

yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
yankee_fan907
#10Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/30/10 at 9:43pm

I saw American Idiot on Saturday with a "lotto loser" seat in the box for $37. If you sit on the inside, it's a fine view. If you're stuck on the outside, I'd ask to move to the mezz, otherwise you'll miss a lot.

LuminousBeing Profile Photo
LuminousBeing
#11Next to Normal Lottery.
Posted: 8/31/10 at 12:17am

I did the lotto on Saturday night. About fifty people entered the lottery. They lotto off the first row first (including the BB seats on the extreme sides of the orchestra), then the boxes. The lotto loser seats are on the sides of the orchestra.

I entered the AI lotto on Friday night--they lotto the first two rows. I lost that lotto, and made sure to go to the very back of the line for the $40 lotto-loser tickets. They sell the boxes first, then the side orchestra seats available, selling better seats as they move through the line. I got row D on the extreme right. Perfect view--I only missed St. Jimmy's entrance, which they showed on the television screens anyway.

Videos