pixeltracker

Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#1Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 6:59pm

Tonight is the night! Break a leg! Nice girl. Real good person. I hope she is great.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#2Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 7:10pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her. She's really excited and nervous about tonight so I'm sending her good vibes!!

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#2Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 7:31pm

She sounded fantastic on Regis and Kelly... hope all goes well tonight for her!

::bust a move::

BroadwayBound115 Profile Photo
BroadwayBound115
#3Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 8:16pm

Ditto about the Regis and Kelly video!! I hope she knocks tonight and the rest of her run out of the park!!

kchenofan Profile Photo
kchenofan
#4Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 10:13pm

Agreed that she was fantastic on Regis and Kelly. I've been so excited for her. She'll be great in this role!

kchenofan's computer is broken right now. This is her fridge. Now, you can leave a message, but say it slowly, so I can write it on a post-it note and stick it to myself.

rmusic11322
#5Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 10:41pm

The show is probably over now. I'm so eager to hear what people thought of her performance. She sounded great on Regis & Kelly.

Drunk Chita Rivera Profile Photo
Drunk Chita Rivera
#6Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/19/10 at 11:28pm

I LOVED her! It was clearly her first show, she was a little tense and seemed kind of awkward and nervous but got much better as the show went on. I was in the back of the orchestra but from what I could see her acting was good, it was hard to see exact facial expressions. But she sure as hell can sing the score. I can't wait to go back in a few weeks and see her grow.

jessica0414 Profile Photo
jessica0414
#7Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/20/10 at 12:24am

I wish I lived in New York so I could see her/the show again! I also thought she sounded awesome on Regis & Kelly.

"You don't just stop posting horse s*** on the web!"-The [Title of Show] Show

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#8Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/20/10 at 12:25am

Very happy to hear that. I'm seeing her this weekend so I'll be sure to report!

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#9Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/20/10 at 1:31am

I had no doubt Jordin Sparks would shine in ITH. She's an extremely gifted performer. I'm hoping that she makes a good enough impression that they consider casting her in the film.

luvbrdway
#10Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/20/10 at 12:25pm

Glad to hear she did well. I looked at the pictures from curtain call, etc. Makes my stomach turn to see the "Real Housewives of New Jersey" are now afforded celebrity treatment and included in these pictures.

But, I digress. Thought Jordin sounded wonderful on Regis and Kelly. Would really love to see her in this role, but don't think a trip to NYC is in the cards this fall.

yankee_fan907 Profile Photo
yankee_fan907
#11Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/20/10 at 12:31pm

I had the same reaction to the housewives. Who the f*** cares?! I'm glad to hear that Jordin's first went well. I'm definitely going to try to revisit ITH soon.

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#12Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/20/10 at 3:45pm

Anyone interested in seeing it tomorrow afternoon? I have a ticket for 4th row, dead center. Willing to sell it for a little less than I paid. It's at will call, so I'd have to be there to get it (so it proves it's real).

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#13Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 8:28pm

broadway.com has some opening night pics up, and Clifton Oliver wins the award for most screamingly obvious mic EVER.

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

rmusic11322
#14Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 8:50pm

Well he's bald so it would be weird to put it over his head. I guess on his ear was the only option they had. Only few people in the show wear wigs.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#15Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 9:02pm

Well he's bald so it would be weird to put it over his head. I guess on his ear was the only option they had. Only few people in the show wear wigs.

Yes, but there are mics that made to attach to the ear that aren't glaringly obvious.
Updated On: 8/21/10 at 09:02 PM

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#16Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 9:09pm

it also could have been set back further, not to mention that mic is black, as opposed to the mocha/brown color worn by most of the other principals

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#17Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 9:29pm

Alright, I ended up going, so here's my review:

Jordin was pretty good. She can sing the hell out of it, no question. In the 6 times I've seen the show, it was one of my favorite renditions of "Breathe," better than what we saw on Regis and Kelly. However, she still needs to grow into the role. Some of her line delivery was off, but I think as she becomes more comfortable in the role, that will change. As far as her comfort level, you can tell she's working on it. One of the hard things I've dealt withas an actor is how to carry yourself on stage: how to stand, how to move when you speak. At times she seemed a little figity, and unsure of her movements. Again, comfort will fix that. Not bad for a broadway debut though.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#18Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 9:32pm

To Jordin's huge opening! Cheers!

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

rmusic11322
#19Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 9:56pm

zepka102: Glad you had a nice time. Although you wanted to see Bianca Marroquin, how did you like Doreen Montalvo's performance? Also, how was Kyle Beltran and Clifton Oliver?

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#20Happy opening night Jordin Sparks!
Posted: 8/21/10 at 10:44pm

I was upset I didn't get to see Bianca. But don't get me wrong, I love Doreen. I saw her as Camila once before and LOVED her. She was pretty good. She had small things she dis differently from Andrea, getting different laughs. At one point during "Carnaval" I think she forgot who she was and missed part of the "Everything changes today" line. Pretty funny! No secret about my Corbin crush, so that was tough to get over, but Kyle is AWESOME. You can't help falling in love with the dorky Usnavi! And his chemistry with Shaun Taylor-Corbitt is spot on. Clifton is an excellent replacement for Benny. He makes the role his own, which makes his vocalizations exciting. His voice also mixes very well with Jordin's.

Updated On: 8/21/10 at 10:44 PM