News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Perfectly Marvelous

Perfectly Marvelous Profile Photo
Member Name: Perfectly Marvelous
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

South Pacific at Ogunquit Playhouse
 Jul 6 2012, 02:48:44 PM
I just realized that typo! :) I was typing so quickly because I was so excited to talk about the show.

Past Shows: What would you bring back?
 Jul 6 2012, 02:32:49 PM
Grand Hotel. It's always been one of my favorites. I've always wanted to see it done with Hugh Panaro as the Baron. I don't know why, I've always thought he would be excellent in that role.
South Pacific at Ogunquit Playhouse
 Jul 6 2012, 02:31:07 PM
I went to see it last night, on a whim, because I work right down the street from the playhouse. My parents had seen it last week, and adored it (my dad doesn't love many musicals, South Pacific being one of maybe three or so) and both were adamant that I go before it leaves.

It was fantastic, on all accounts. Most of the performers had been in the national tour of the Lincoln Center's production so it wasn't a surprise that they would all be so on point. In particular, I enjoyed Bra

Official: Godspell closing June 24
 Jun 12 2012, 11:34:05 PM
Ah, that's too bad. This is making me regret not being able to see it when I was NYC for my birthday.
Supporting Audra's rape joke.
 Jun 11 2012, 09:42:56 AM
I admit, I heard her say rape, and I flinched a bit. I've been a victim of sexual assault (not rape) and I know others who have been too.

That being said, it doesn't bother me. (Although, I can't speak on behalf of everyone else, this just my personal feelings towards the subject).

I think it's because it's said in the context of the character she's playing, and the show she's in.

I don't think she was being insensitive. I've seen worse things on the internet, w

Grand Hotel Revival : Who would you cast???
 Feb 5 2011, 03:17:24 PM
Hugh Panaro as the Baron. I think he'd be fantastic.

I've always wanted to hear Hugh sing "Love Can't Happen".

Raul Esparza Arrested For Murder
 Dec 6 2010, 03:50:59 AM
I missed the episode but I thought this thread was either in reference to My Soul To Take or that episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent where he plays the deranged lawyer guy who's kind of stalking Eames and is just generally creepy.
re: WHAT IS THE ROLE YOU MOST ENJOYED PLAYING?
 Dec 6 2010, 03:42:53 AM
^ I played Linus in Snoopy! It was fun. I liked being a boy for once.

The most enjoyable performance I think was playing Sally in a stage adaptation of Nightmare Before Christmas. I also enjoyed playing God in The General of Hot Desire and Anybodys in West Side Story. However, I think what makes Sally the most enjoyable was the sheer fact I did not expect the part at all. I just scribbled it down last minute under the "role(s) you want" section, read for it

Amanda Palmer as the Emcee in A.R.T's 'Cabaret'
 Oct 30 2010, 03:45:44 PM
I was there for the 10:30 show last night, and it was probably the most overwhelming experience I've ever had. I mean that in a good way, because I like feeling as though my emotions are connected to the actors and to the setting.

Oberon really out-did themselves when it came to the atmosphere of the Kit Kat Klub. The only way I can describe is this: it was the closest I will ever be to being in a Weimar Germany period cabaret.

The actors, set, music, and costumes w

Sep 8 2010, 11:01:06 AM
Great news about the reunion!(I haven't looked at the Shadowbox yet - that's a really wonderful forum for all things Dresden Dolls/Amanda Palmer so there's probably a ton of info there).
 Sep 6 2010, 08:45:32 PM
Most nights are selling out, so it is best to get tickets ASAP. Apparently there are VIP seats available for some of the shows, which cost $250 (that includes a table for four, plus a ton of really cool merchandise and such).

When I ordered my ticket back in the beginning of August, it was only $55. If I can remember correctly from the website, the prices are anywhere from $25-55, thereabouts.

Sep 6 2010, 10:31:36 AM
Haha, well babble away.

I've always liked Amanda, but kept missing out on her shows. So this is like the best thing that could ever happen, as far as I'm concerned.

I honestly can't wait for October to get here, because I'm excited to see how the show has progressed since its opening.

Sep 5 2010, 11:46:59 PM
luvtheemcee, thank you so much for your thoughts. I've been hoping someone would share a review of some kind because I was absolutely itching to hear how it is.

I thought Fraulein Schneider was a man, from looking at the production photos, but wasn't sure. That's a pretty interesting choice but I like the idea of gender bending.

Aug 12 2010, 02:36:57 AM
I got my ticket for the last show on October 29th, at 10:30 pm. Be sure to check out A.R.T.'s site to reserve a ticket... it's something that you won't want to miss. Also, they have some pictures up from a cast talk back and the set that their designer has in mind looks fabulous. I'm super excited for this production.
Stefanie Powers as Norma ..anyone see it yet
 Aug 6 2010, 03:39:51 PM
I work in Ogunquit but I haven't been able to get over to the playhouse yet. I'd love to see the show sometime before it leaves.

I've also worked at the playhouse for two seasons and I have my qualms about it, but I won't get into that here. It's a nice sized house, and it does the best it can with the time and space permitted.

Chewing gum in the theatre
 Aug 6 2010, 02:16:25 AM
I think orangeskittles makes an excellent point. Although I understand social anxiety and understand how overwhelming it is for people to go out without having someone or something to accompany them, it does beg the question that if a dog is brought to a theatre then what are the chances of others being affected? Unfortunately, allergies to dog hair exist, as do allergies for cat dander and pollen. While it may relax the person who brought the dog, it may cause an issue for other patrons. (Perso
Karen Olivo out of WSS indefinitely
 May 9 2010, 07:54:53 PM
Ah, man! This sucks. I hope she'll have a safe recovery.

(For the record, I've done WSS twice and the rape scene was always the scene I was most worried about...one false move and someone can get hurt very easily).

May 9 2010, 07:48:19 PM
I know she covered "Don't Tell Mama" with the Boston Pops, as well as "I Don't Care Much" a while ago. I agree that her voice is unconvential, which is mostly the reason why I'm so excited to see her play this character. (Her cover of "I Don't Care Much" is brilliant). I'm also excited to see what she'll do with the Emcee, it's such a wonderful role.
Christian Campbell
 May 8 2010, 04:35:14 PM
Aw, I love him. He was so good in Trick and in Reefer Madness (both movie and onstage).
Amanda Palmer as the Emcee in A.R.T's "Cabaret"
 May 8 2010, 02:07:45 PM
What do you guys think?

I am beyond excited, as Cabaret is one of my favorite shows, and I've always wanted to see Amanda involved in it.

Here's a link:
http://boston.broadwayworld.com/article/American_Repertory_Theater_Announces_its_201011_Season_20100507
The rest of the season looks pretty good, too! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You