News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for husk_charmer

husk_charmer Profile Photo
Member Name: husk_charmer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=93700001&ref=profile
Blog Address: http://last-midnite.livejournal.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Riedel: No 'Woods' on B'way  Aug 17 2012, 10:51:10 AM
Weighing in on the OT comments about "Giant" in Dallas. I did see the show in Dallas, it was at most three hours, but IIRC it was 2h45m at the first preview.

That said, the audience response was tepid at best, and I think the general consensus (Ignore most Dallas papers, they want something to transfer to Broadway) was that it was an enjoyable-ish evening that needed focusing and re-working.

It also needed a show stopper or two to break up the monotony.

And a set desi

Q about the original B'way run of Annie  Apr 22 2012, 11:34:41 PM
OOps, sorry Jordan! Fixed it! (That's my end of it, the input end)
Q about the original B'way run of Annie  Apr 22 2012, 11:26:19 PM
http://www.ovrtur.com/role/100173322

Ghostley came back at the very end of January according to my research. It's possible she may have come back a bit early, I know that has happened.

ETA: Fixed the link

Paper Mill Announces 2012-2013 Season - A CHORUS LINE, MILLIE, LITTLE MERMAID, SOUND OF MUSIC & More!  Feb 29 2012, 10:09:42 PM
A Chorus Line is never a bad choice for any theatre.
#sondheimlowerbacktattoo is trending on twitter right now  Feb 26 2012, 05:58:52 PM
Is it always and is it never or?
Playbill's Dozen Dream Miss Hannigans  Feb 24 2012, 12:59:25 PM
Given that the 96-ish production only ran a few months, maybe not.
Playbill's Dozen Dream Miss Hannigans  Feb 24 2012, 09:33:58 AM
My top choice from their list was Andrea McArdle and then Patti LuPone. I actually rather liked Kathie Lee Gifford as Hannigan.

Givesmevoice-
I saw Ellen Harvey play Hannigan at Casa Mañana a few years back (She was actually the only reason I went, having loved her in Mamma Mia!), and she was really fantastic. She played it like a mix of Loudon and Jackie Hoffman.

The big issue I have with Playbill's article is that they keep mentioning Hannigan as a drunk. Aside from th

Replacing Last Midnight With Boom Crunch  Feb 24 2012, 09:28:54 AM
The other thing is, Boom Crunch is a breakdown. The Witch isn't crazy, she's just pissed off and wants to take action versus whining and whimpering. She's calling everyone out on what they're doing wrong and how it doesn't make them good, just nice. It ties in the theme of the midnights and is a powerful song when done correctly.
RENT - PLOT HOLE?  Feb 23 2012, 02:04:05 PM
I always thought that Maureen knew Angel from being performance artists who probably ran in similar circles.

Riedel: The Public already wants to bring WOODS to Broadway...  Feb 22 2012, 02:45:33 PM
Jordan-
Baldwin is done with Giant until at least the fall, and I'm not sure she'd be wise to stay with it. While I thought she was excellent, the role isn't as high profile as it probably should be.

High Fidelity Playbill  Feb 22 2012, 02:25:16 PM
Would it really cost them more since they already have to print the Playbill box in Yellow to do the Yellow on the title?
Liza Minnelli originally supposed to be Roxie in the Chicago City Center Concert?  Feb 20 2012, 05:57:58 PM
If that were the case, then Taye Diggs would have been a fill-in for Norbert Leo Butz, Susan Lucci for Bernadette Peters, and numerous others who covered vacations/illness. The fact of the matter is, if you go to IBDB, PlaybillVault, Ovrtur or any other theatre database they are going to be listed as a replacement not a fill-in.

I'd also be willing to bet their contracts state the same thing.

Delayed movie musicals... or ones that never happened  Feb 20 2012, 05:55:08 PM
Reba's AGYG actually was supposed to be filmed for television like Peter Pan or Into the Woods. Reba wanted it to have a bigger budget and be a film (likely to get a soundtrack) and they wouldn't do it, so she said no to filming it for TV.
Liza Minnelli originally supposed to be Roxie in the Chicago City Center Concert?  Feb 20 2012, 05:46:45 PM
Liza most definitely would have been a replacement, in the same way Stephanie J. Block was a replacement for Sutton Foster. She did not originate the role, therefore she is a replacement, no matter how temporary.
Disney's TANGLED on Broadway?  Feb 15 2012, 11:32:54 PM
There are too many sequences that rely heavily on action to ever make it stage-able. Sure, some moments would be doable, and probably very magical, but it wouldn't work as a whole.

And while the story of Rapunzel is in the public domain, the characters in the film as well as it's plot complications and twists are owned by Disney...and the truth of the matter is, since all Disney really kept was "Girl in tower with long hair, witch owns her" and the tears at the ending, it was all the o

Whitney Houston's Broadway connections  Feb 12 2012, 02:10:03 PM
She was also interested in Dreamgirls as a film in the 80s, but wanted to do both Deena and Effie's material.
What FOLLIES recording would you recommend?  Feb 11 2012, 10:52:51 AM
Papermill. Easily the best and most likeable of all the casts, and Donna McKechnie is flawless as Sally. The OBC is my second pick only because of how truncated it is.
Laurette Taylor GLASS MENAGERIE recording?  Feb 6 2012, 07:55:29 PM
Hmm...I think I may still know some people down that way who might be able to at least confirm...or I could just drive the 3 hours...
NBC Super Bowl Commercial:  Feb 6 2012, 02:44:39 PM
I was actually really surprised with Amy Pohler. Not really being a tremendous fan of hers, I was very surprised to see she can carry a tune, and well!
Ann Margret Heading To Broadway??  Feb 4 2012, 08:06:48 AM
I also saw the Whorehouse tour...and I really regret that. Like the others have said, it was not pretty, but I saw it well after she had had the injury and she should have been over it. There's a reason it didn't come into New York like they'd planned.

Her voice was almost gone then, too...so I can only imagine what shape it's in now.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You