News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pianodan

Member Name: pianodan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Search for Elle THOUGHTS!
 Jun 3 2008, 01:48:54 PM
Haylie Duff's "executive producer" credit doesn't mean anything. I'm sure it's something her agent asked for to sweeten the deal. It's still ridiculous that's she's the host.

Rooting for Celina even though she's not quite right for the role, with her husky speaking voice. I've known Celina since she was 13, so I lost it when she said, "They used to call me trouble in high school. I made out with everyone... EVERYONE." Because... yeah, she made out with me once.

re: hairspray - Happy Trails Paul and Dowd. Welcome George and Marissa.
 Oct 28 2007, 12:27:31 AM
Marissa Perry is awesome - I saw her Tracy twice this summer at Weston, where I was working on another show. That promo video was taken at the final dress (also the first dress), when the cast was worn out from many, many hours of tech rehearsal. The choreography looked much better onstage than in the video, and yes, Marissa can sing the ever-livin' heck out of the role...
re: Mr. Broadway 2007
 Apr 15 2007, 03:30:58 PM
I suppose I could be wrong, but has there EVER been a telecast of a Broadway-related benefit? And if there was some sort of broadcast involved, it would have been mentioned in the press releases - not to mention plugged here by the marvelous producing team (most of whom I know, full disclosure). Of course, we'll hopefully see footage from the usual suspects - BWW TV, Broadway.com, etc.

(Remember too, the theatrical unions would have to get involved if there were a broadcast, and make the whole thing much more expensive. That's one reason why there are so few PBS and other national theater telecasts. Not that I don't love and appreciate my union!)

Oh, to answer the other question, they announced the contestants a few days ago:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=17464

re: Mr. Broadway 2007
 Apr 15 2007, 01:47:44 PM
It's not going to be on TV.
re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
 Mar 13 2007, 12:58:55 AM
Wow... not a flattering wig. The actress's name is named Piper Goodeve, and I can personally attest that she's fierce. And much better looking that than eerie green publicity photo!
Now you can commence making fun of the name "Piper Goodeve". Don't worry, she's heard it all.

By the way, I didn't know Gretchen Cryer and Nancy Ford wrote that American Girls show. Thanks, TheaterWorks marketers!

re: Evil Dead - Next Block of Tickets
 Jan 12 2007, 03:18:59 PM
It's my understanding that tickets aren't being released in blocks for EVIL DEAD, but week-by-week so that only two months of advance tickets are available. So today you can buy tickets through March 10, next week March 17 should be on sale, and hopefully you can snag great seats when your trip is 8 weeks away. Thanks in advance for helping to keep me employed!
re: Any chance the Evil Dead musical will extend?
 Sep 21 2006, 12:17:47 AM
Raunchy? What would give you that idea? There are songs called "What The f**k Was That?" and "God Damn You Woman", at least 100 profanities in 100 minutes. However, I'd say the sexual content is merely PG-13 - blowjob jokes and some scanty clothing. Plus the blood and gore. Don't know if it's quite appropriate for a 10-year-old...
re: Any chance the Evil Dead musical will extend?
 Sep 4 2006, 11:21:58 PM
EVIL DEAD is an open-ended run, so if it sells a decent amount of tickets, it will hopefully run through December and into 2007. I know I could certainly use the paychecks. Buy your tickets! [/shill]
re: If you missed the Drama Desk Awards
 May 30 2006, 11:42:56 PM
Jamie Parker's moment was cut, unfortunately. They had almost three hours of show to sqeeze down to two for broadcast, and they didn't cut any of the musical numbers!

Corine could have also mentioned that the Drama Desks also air this Thursday night, 10pm-12am on Ch. 25. And if you're not in NY, check your local PBS listings, as dozens of stations nationwide will be airing it over the next couple weeks.

re: Megan McGinnis?
 May 21 2006, 11:46:14 AM
She's starring in an OOB showcase called "La Gioconda", June 1-11.
http://www.lagioconda.com/

re: 'Jacques Brel' Off-Broadway revival recording?
 May 16 2006, 06:06:31 PM
Last I heard - from someone who would know - it is on track, but they haven't set a date. It could still fall through (money being the obvious issue I guess), but if the show continues to sell well and run through the summer as expected, we'll get a CD (or 2)!

I don't think signing up will make a difference - everyone wants to make the recording, they don't need X people to ask for it. The names are a list of people to market it to once it's made...

re: Barrett Foa in the future
 Apr 30 2006, 11:09:19 PM
I would love to see him a[s] Tulsa in Gypsy

I saw Barrett 22 times as Tulsa - he did the role at the Weston Playhouse right before he made his Broadway debut in Mamma Mia.

http://westonplayhouse.org/01gypsy.html

re: Iron Curtain, the Musical
 Mar 14 2006, 02:52:26 PM
Well, since you asked, here's a cast list.
(BWW EXCLUSIVE! until I post it on ATC to drum up some buzz over there...)

Murray Finkel - Jeff Edgerton
Howard Katz - Marcus Neville
Masha Petrovna Haylukmiova - Jessica Grove
Shirley Dooley - Maria Couch
Hildret Heinz - Bethe B. Austin
Yevgenyi Mikhailovich Onanov - Gordon Stanley
Sergei Nikolayevich Schmearnov - Larry Brustofski
ENSEMBLE/VARIOUS ROLES:
Amber Dow, David S. Miller, Dara Seitzman, Doug Shapi

re: News About Wicked: The School's Statement
 Nov 11 2005, 01:56:19 PM
Let's bump so more people will see the response above from the Schwartz camp...

Thanks Michael for letting us know you're on it (and thanks M.F.L. for the update)!

re: What should you do if you know someone's doing an illegal production?
 Oct 31 2005, 12:20:53 AM
That wouldn't surprise me, tagiunagi, we're everywhere. If it's same Company, send me an email!
re: What should you do if you know someone's doing an illegal production?
 Oct 30 2005, 11:43:01 PM
Thank you for reporting this - it's not fair to anybody when someone tries to pull such a stunt. Not fair to the millions of other teen girls who want to play Elphaba, not fair to the authors and producers who deserve their royalties (even though they're earning more than they ever could have expected, in this case), and not fair to the students at this particular school, who are expecting to do "Wicked," and are without a doubt going to be 'cease and desist'ed from doing and so.

Let's

re: Katrina Benefit @ the Gershwin
 Sep 26 2005, 01:04:51 PM
Julia Murney's song (I wasn't there, but I know the piece well) is called "It's Amazing the Things That Float" from THE FLOOD, by Peter Mills. It's from the second act, when the character Susan returns to her flooded home to find everything washed away. (But she's happy to have a fresh start... the show is based on a real Illinois town that was washed away in the 1993 Mississippi River floods.)

The sheet music and a sound clip are up on Pete Mills' site:
http://www.pcmills.com/songs.html

re: Logan Lipton Fans!
 Sep 24 2005, 11:48:48 PM
Oh, I'm a huge Logan fan. We worked together for three summers at the Weston Playhouse. Fansite Person, I have plenty of candid and performance shots from those summers on my computer somewhere - if you email me (not PM) I'll find some and send them along. (It'll probably take a couple of weeks...)
re: New Composers & Sheet Music
 Sep 19 2005, 02:48:36 AM
Have you checked out Peter Mills?
http://pcmills.tripod.com

Invalid
 Aug 16 2005, 01:26:46 PM
Sorry to bump, I just caught up. Guess the discussion's over for now...

shortydudette, you absolutely made your point, and I'll buy you that burger anytime if Marc doesn't. :) As I discovered early in the thread, when he can't win an argument, he'll drop it and change the subject (perhaps posting something else cool to distract us!) It's too bad he won't "condescend" to have a real conversation about this - not that I blame him.

And thank you Mr. S, because this:

<

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You