pixeltracker

Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#1Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:09pm

Argh! Everytime I see this damn banner, all I can see is Kathy Griffin!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#2re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:20pm

REALLY? I always think of Barbara Streisand with really bad wig, lol.
-BJH re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#2re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:28pm

If it was Kathy Griffin, her eyebrows would be at the crown of her scalp.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#3re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:29pm

Agree with Streisand, though I really see more of Fanny Brice herself.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Allie
#4re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:30pm

I see Deborah Gibson.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#5re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:31pm

Counting the minutes until the thread police direct you to the other thread about this on the off-topic board....5...4...3..2.1

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

BreakingTheCircle07 Profile Photo
BreakingTheCircle07
#6re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:32pm

I see ALL of them! SCARY!!!

Variations on a Theme blog: http://panekattack.blogspot.com/

husk_charmer
#7re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:32pm

I'm going more with Andrea Rivette.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#8re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:39pm

I see "Blossom."

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#9re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 2:40pm

yes i was thinking blossom too!

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#11re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 3:30pm

I thought it was Vicki Lewis...

re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#12re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 4:18pm

I was thinkin lesbian love-child of Cate Blanchett and Babs.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#13re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 4:38pm

I see Blossom's Mayim Bialik and a little bit of Babs.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#14re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:01pm

I hope for the love of all that is decent that that actress never sees these boards. That, or the photo is a stock photo from an old Wendy's campaign and the woman is all grown up.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#15re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 5:31pm

I was wondering why she made me want a Frosty.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#16re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/12/07 at 6:03pm

Oh Bettyboy, if the actress in the pix can't handle our criticism on BWW, she has no business in the biz. It's not like she's never heard that she looks like Babs before. If I had to hear about how much I look like Mango....

pianodan
#17re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 12:58am

Wow... not a flattering wig. The actress's name is named Piper Goodeve, and I can personally attest that she's fierce. And much better looking that than eerie green publicity photo!
Now you can commence making fun of the name "Piper Goodeve". Don't worry, she's heard it all.

By the way, I didn't know Gretchen Cryer and Nancy Ford wrote that American Girls show. Thanks, TheaterWorks marketers!

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#18re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 7:06am

i debated getting a ticket to this and then i saw this HORRID picture and i thought: "so THAT'S why the tickets are so cheap"

JRybka Profile Photo
JRybka
#19re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 7:22am

She does look like a Wendy's frosty too! Damn! Now I want one.

"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

Jellylorum Profile Photo
Jellylorum
#20re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:27pm

I never notice the ads on the site, but now I do because this one just really jumps out at me.

"It's a goddamn beautiful day, shut up!"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#21re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/13/07 at 11:34pm

She does look like Kathy, aw, I loved the series with Megan Follows and Colleen Dewhurst.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

wonderwaiter Profile Photo
wonderwaiter
#22re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/14/07 at 12:00am

"The actress's name is named Piper Goodeve, and I can personally attest that she's fierce. And much better looking that than eerie green publicity photo!
Now you can commence making fun of the name "Piper Goodeve". Don't worry, she's heard it all."

I was among the first to make fun of this ad and even followed the link to find out the names of the cast.

Given everything else that has been said since this ad first appeared I would like to say that I have never made fun of the actual actress involved. (The Yentl comment was more a tribute than anything else.) She's very beautiful and has a striking look to her that will probably serve her well in future endeavors. She and the rest of the cast look ultra-professional. It is the ad itself that looks funny. It would never even occur to me to make fun of the name Piper Goodeve. I'm sorry if she's "heard it all", but all of my humor regarding the ad was based on the physical look of the ad itself.

That being said, Erick Devine is a hottie.

And no one grew into anything new, we just became the worst of what we were."

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#23re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/14/07 at 1:04am

You know Kathy would do it in a heartbeat if you met her quote.

gschuber Profile Photo
gschuber
#24re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!
Posted: 3/14/07 at 10:27am

re: Kathy Griffin as ANNE OF GREEN GABLES??!!!

Funny for some reason, I thought of Carrot Top.

Videos