News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Robert Taylor

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Member Name: Robert Taylor
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.facebook.com/bobtaylor
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Spiderman Preview Thread!  Dec 20 2010, 11:25:39 PM
Here's hoping everyone is okay.
Matthew Morrison Will Not Be Part of PBS South Pacific Broadcast  Aug 4 2010, 10:14:30 PM
I'm very excited Samonsky is getting this opportunity and think he is a great performer.
Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...  Jun 20 2010, 04:12:12 PM
"Seasons of Love."

Holy @#$$(*@$!@@!*$@&#@#)(@#&!@. That is all.

Favorite Awkward/Inadvertently Funny Lines From Musicals  Jun 20 2010, 04:03:36 PM
"I'll never take you sailing! I'm never going to leave Egypt again!!!" -Aida

I wonder if it was Tim Rice, Adam Pascal or my imagination that supplied the exclamation points.

Yours?

Little Mermaid Tour?  Jun 19 2010, 11:13:15 PM
Let me echo a few of the other posters here and say that the show was very flawed from a design and directorial standpoint. However, I thought the acting, book and especially the music made it a worthwhile evening. Some of Menken's new songs are real gems, like "I Want the Good Times Back," "She's In Love" and most especially "If Only," which stands up proudly next to any song from the film.

Were the show to tour I would definitely see it...but I would hope that they do some major tinke

Please Come See My Play!  Jun 15 2010, 09:42:30 PM
Hey guys,

If any of you are located in Los Angeles or will be visiting the city in July or August, I would love for you to come see my play. It's a short called "Blonde Alibi" (yes, that's the name and yes, it's a comedy) and it was recently one of the nine lucky shows accepted into the Eclectic Theatre Company's Hurricane season. It's a small theatre group, but they are very talented and the show is going to be a lot of fun.

It's about a high school girl who kills her boyfriend in a hotel room after Homecoming and gets her two best friends to help cover up the murder. I've been to the rehearsals, and we've got a great cast doing some really funny work.

The show opens on July 9 and runs through the 18th. Then there is an encore weekend on August 20-22 where it competes against the other two finalists in the competition.

I really hope some of you West Coast lurkers or posters head on over to see it. It's a small company and small theatre, but I'm very proud of the work and think you'd all enjoy it as well.

Oh look, a link to tickets: https://eclecticcompanytheatre.secure.force.com/ticket

Thanks for your time guys.

The Best Flop you've seen  May 22 2010, 02:54:38 PM
XANADU!

and

[title of show]

Lips Together..Has just been cancelled !!  Mar 27 2010, 11:23:32 AM
Up until this I've only heard that Mullally is a consumate professional.

Quick example: When she was doing an (otherwise forgettable) play called "The Receptionist" in Los Angeles she broke several bones in her hand one day, worked quickly with the director to re-choreograph the entire play to work with her in her cast, and then was ready to go on for the next performance.

While I agree with most of the posters here that SOMEthing else must have been going on, I'm going to give

Playbill Bios: To Thank God or not?  Mar 23 2010, 09:39:47 PM
Flagg, people can thank whoever they want to thank in their bios, just like they can talk about whatever they want to talk about on their first date or in their job interview. Just because YOU don't like does not mean it shouldn't be "tolerated." If it is important enough for them to deem necessary to include in their bio, then good for them.

Thank God I don't have to read anymore of your dreck.

Bad movie versions of good PLAYS (not musicals)  Mar 17 2010, 01:19:27 AM
The reason "Doubt" failed as a film version, for me, was that onstage we don't have the opportunity to ever encounter the boy all of the drama is going on about.

In the film we meet him, see him teased and see him interact with the Father in several scenes. To me, watching that boy's story and seeing his world during these events would have been far more interesting and insightful than the faculty's "did he or didn't he" power plays and mind games. Of course this would have been a com

Love Never Dies cast recording  Mar 15 2010, 09:32:35 PM
I finished listening and was pleasantly surprised. The lyrics definitely fall flat in some places but overall "Love Never Dies" is an elegant, haunting score that I liked much, much more than I thought I would.

I think ALW's short callbacks to the first "Phantom" were perfectly placed and gave me goosebumps. I also loved the pounding beat in "Mother Please! I'm Scared!" that seemed to be the title song in the original but warped into "The Beauty Underneath." In fact, I wish that Webbe

Love Never Dies Title Song  Mar 11 2010, 06:12:18 PM
It's a good score overall, but it's still very troubling to hear the similarities between the melodies.
Love Never Dies Title Song  Mar 11 2010, 02:12:22 AM
All joking aside, the beginning of "Beneath a Moonless Sky" sounds uncannily like the finale of "A Nightmare Before Christmas."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD0-9pJUdTc

Put the clip at about 1:20 and then listen to the beginning of the track on "Love Never Dies."

Uh, Fantasia in 'The Color Purple'  Mar 2 2010, 01:28:51 PM
Which is 10:23 p.m. in L.A. Still March 1. Still a Monday.
Uh, Fantasia in 'The Color Purple'  Mar 2 2010, 01:22:39 PM
Check the time zones. It wasn't midnight in LA when I posted it.
Uh, Fantasia in "The Color Purple"  Mar 2 2010, 01:23:48 AM
Yesterday I went to go see the touring production of "The Color Purple" in Los Angeles. My expectations were fairly high, since I had seen the Broadway production in previews and loved it...then I saw the poster of Fantasia. Her hair is bleached and she looks really excited in a very fake way and about ready to take a dump. I've read "The Color Purple" several times, treasure the movie and enjoyed the show...and that image never crossed my mind when I thought of Celie. I was suddenly more than a
Vegas: Phantom or KA?  Feb 12 2010, 08:44:35 PM
I'll switch things up and recommend you go see "Phantom" which, for me, is the best possible version of the show produced. The special effects, particularly with the chandelier, are unmatched, all of the fat from the Broadway and film versions have been trimmed and the little extras (the Phantom climbing on the chandelier, the fireworks, the theatre itself) are what makes the show so magnificent.

Now if you would have said "O" or "Phantom" I might have chosen differently.

Whoopi confirms SISTER ACT to take Broadway to heaven in 2011!  Jan 29 2010, 09:15:13 PM
This is very exciting! I just bought the CD and it's such a strong score...one of the best I've heard in awhile. I concur with the above poster about "Take Me To Heaven" and its reprise, but have lately fallen in love with "The Life I Never Led."

Can't wait for this!

Glee just won best ensemble at the Sag Awards  Jan 24 2010, 09:13:40 PM
I think a lot of the posters on this thread are forgetting that this is an award for "Best Ensemble," not "Best Show."

Do I think "Modern Family" is a better show? Yes. But do I think that "Glee" has a better cast with more versatility that take on more demanding roles week after week? Yes.

In my opinion, THIS award was well-deserved.

Glee just won best ensemble at the Sag Awards  Jan 23 2010, 09:40:22 PM
You know, some of us live on the West Coast and won't see the show for another three hours, so it would be lovely if YOU STARTED THE THREAD WITHOUT A MAJOR SPOILER IN THE TITLE!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You