pixeltracker

Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...

Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#1Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:42pm

Heavens, this is the weirdest. Go to iTunes and find an album called Broadway Walking Workout, then listen to the, uh, glorious thirty-second samples. It has remixed versions of Broadway songs... BADLY remixed cover versions.

It has 27 jaw-droppingly bizarre songs... among them being "Oh What A Beautiful Morning," "Anything Goes," "Magical Mr. Mistoffelees," "Younger Than Springtime," "The Impossible Draem," "Matchmaker," "No One Is Alone," "Climb Every Mountain," "Love Changes Everything," "I Dreamed a Dream," and even more craziness.

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#2Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:47pm

No results were found. Please try a different search.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#2Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:51pm

Weird, it worked when I tried typing it in?

I found it by typing in "Broadway remix."

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

invisiblegirl Profile Photo
invisiblegirl
#3Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 9:59pm

LOL @ Cabaret! and No One is Alone!

iflip4musicals Profile Photo
iflip4musicals
#4Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:00pm

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard, and I'm only on number 5!

"I've never encountered such religiously, you know, loyal fans as Broadway musical theater fans. It's amazing." --Allison Janney

Select a Member Name Profile Photo
Select a Member Name
#5Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:28pm

The remix of Magical Mr. Mistoffelees is even better than the original!

"You have two kinds of shows on Broadway – revivals and the same kind of musicals over and over again, all spectacles. You get your tickets for The Lion King a year in advance, and essentially a family... pass on to their children the idea that that's what the theater is – a spectacular musical you see once a year, a stage version of a movie. It has nothing to do with theater at all. It has to do with seeing what is familiar.... I don't think the theatre will die per se, but it's never going to be what it was.... It's a tourist attraction." Stephen Sondheim

strummergirl Profile Photo
strummergirl
#6Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:34pm

Grease sounds like Chris Klein's Mamma Mia audition in autotune.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#7Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:36pm

I'd totally bump this Anything Goes remix.

TheatreDiva90016
#8Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:46pm

I'm totally getting this!

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

slmlbl Profile Photo
slmlbl
#9Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:49pm

holy cow. that is amazing. and makes me want to never want to listen to showtunes or work out again. lol

Edna Turnblad Profile Photo
Edna Turnblad
#10Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:53pm

This was amazing! The funny wore off as I went on, but as soon as I hit Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin' I started laughing horribly. I really want these to become popular and played in clubs.

jan.kaim
#11Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 10:53pm

Climb Every Mountain. Too much.

perfectlymarvelous Profile Photo
perfectlymarvelous
#12Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:22pm

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying...oh my goodness.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#13Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:37pm

Quite funny. I was impressed how they still managed to keep the "Bean Theme" in "No One Is Alone."

Shubert Alley Cat Profile Photo
Shubert Alley Cat
#14Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:39pm

They should do a dance remix of Susan Boyle's "I Dreamed a Dream." It would be great in clubs!

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#15Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:44pm

"Consider Yourself" is just pure genius.

Mildred Plotka Profile Photo
Mildred Plotka
#16Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/18/10 at 11:46pm

Eh, I prefer the Ethel Merman Disco Album.

"Broadway...I'll lick you yet!"

TheatreDiva90016
#17Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/19/10 at 12:24am

^^^^^^^

That album was going through my mind while I listened to the clips!

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#18Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/19/10 at 12:39am

I LOVE Hold On.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

noradesmond Profile Photo
noradesmond
#19Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/19/10 at 2:40pm

"Eh, I prefer the Ethel Merman Disco Album"

Me too Mildred.

Andante Profile Photo
Andante
#20Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/19/10 at 2:46pm

I previewed only the first three tracks; I can't get through the rest of them because I'm laughing so hard.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#21Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/19/10 at 4:35pm

I Dreamed A dream? Haha this music is better than a raging orgasm! Hell, it IS a raging orgasm with 80's beats! I need to buy this!

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Schmerg_The_Impaler
#22Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/20/10 at 3:58pm

I think my favorite one is "Love Changes Everything." The dude's voice is so incongruous with the beat, it's more like a weird dream than a song.

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#23Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/20/10 at 4:12pm

"Seasons of Love."

Holy @#$$(*@$!@@!*$@&#@#)(@#&!@. That is all.

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#24Lordy, lordy, this is hilarious...
Posted: 6/20/10 at 4:20pm

Rhythm of Life is fairly close to the most recent revival.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

Latest Posts