News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for brandonthomsen

Member Name: brandonthomsen
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked - Current Cast with Donna McKechnie?
 Aug 26 2024, 05:17:33 PM

I saw Wicked at the Gershwin on August 17 at 8:00 PM. I sat in row D, house right. Jennafer Newberry was on as Glinda and was the star of the show. I was captivated by her nuanced performance. I was so excited to see Donna McKechnie, and she was “fine.” I think that role is best served by a character actress with something unique about herself. The entire cast seemed invested and engaged throughout the entire performance. The production is in great shape! So many details

Complete CAROUSEL cast recording on its way
 Aug 26 2024, 05:08:40 PM

I find Jan Clayton mesmerizing in that video, and the placement of her hand on his face at the final moment is stunning.

Most Recent Music Man Revival
 Aug 4 2023, 02:11:34 PM

“The Shinn Family will present a spectacle of my wife.” Eulalie, Zaneeta, and Gracie entered in Revolutionary War attire, with fife and drum, marching, and then the firecracker went off. 

re: Phantom or Phantom?
 May 12 2007, 07:04:03 PM
I actually had the great fortune of being in one of the earliest productions of "Phantom," directed by Philip Wm. McKinley (Boy from Oz). Yeston/Kopit Phantom is radically different from ALW's, and it is much more a traditional book musical. I think that ALW's is more faithful to Leroux's book, but Kopit really makes sense of the story. Phantom/Erik is very human, and there is a gorgeous musical sequence in the second act that explains how Erik came to be the Phantom of the Opera.

Th

re: Best Character part featured in a Broadway show
 May 12 2007, 12:05:18 AM
Bud Frump - How to Succeed...
Snoopy - You're a Good Man...
Cornelius Hackle - Hello, Dolly!
Madame Lucy - Irene

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You