News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBest

BroadwayBest Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayBest
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Idina's on right now
 Jun 1 2006, 07:44:50 PM
Just an update,Access Hollywood doesn't even take e-mails like this as I have been trying to forward but keep getting a "referer"error.

I and my friends will no longer watch to say the least!!

re: Idina's on right now
 Jun 1 2006, 07:33:03 PM
They did sound great together. I especially liked how Idina ajusted her mike(lowered it)so her incredibly powerful voice wouldn't over-power the country girl! Real Class.

Thanks Idina for a wonderful performance.

Entertainment Tonight did a great piece on Katie(including recognizing Trisha and Idina). Access Hollywood's wasn't as good as they didn't have the decency to recognize Idina, despite showing her in the clip.

Talk about a lack of Professionalism. Hmmmmm. W

Sarah's Movie - Is She For REAL? (She is a Broadway Performer)
 Dec 16 2005, 09:37:03 PM
Hi all,
I know this is a Broadway site. But I have to tell you something that I found very interesting. (About a Broadway actress)

I (as have most of you I'm sure seen so many t.v. interviews with Sarah Jessica Parker these past few weeks promoting her husband Mathew's movie of the Producers as well as hers) went to see "The Family Stone" tonight.

What I can say is that it started off slow and then picked up to be a fairly enjoyable movie (although the theme was certainly

Unbelievable
 Nov 21 2005, 11:10:34 PM
I just got home from the screening in Westchester at
the Palisades Mall and all I can say is FABULOUS! NOt
only did everyone in the theatre applaud at the end but
people were saying it's better than the play!!

I think Chris Columbus did an excellent job and really
kept to Jonathan Larson's vision. I think he would be
proud.

I especially enjoyed how they expanded on certain scenes
from the play. I won't give it away, but will say that
some of the

re: Wicked display in Chicago!!
 Jul 5 2005, 11:20:09 PM

Don't forget folks, they make a lot of duplicate dresses for each show so that they can switch them around due to wear and tear(literally!)

I wouldn't count on that being Idina's dress. They usually keep the dresses of the original stars. Who knows, someday an auction?
Or a donation to a museum, etc.

re: Broadway Tattoos
 Jul 5 2005, 10:43:54 PM
Hey there. I'm a huge Broadway fan myself and I went with the
comedy/tragedy masks on my neck.

I couldn't pick just one show - too many I like so I went for
a great representation of the theatre. Everyone who sees it
thinks it's great!

re: Mistakes on cast recordings...
 Apr 11 2005, 11:24:10 PM

There are mistakes on cast recordings and then there are casts who are a mistake to record!

re: For the Cheno haters
 Apr 11 2005, 11:20:21 PM
I've heard the songs and they are definitely different from what I was hoping for. Makes you think that "Big Broadway Diva" thing is all an act.

Of course this album could be an act too....

re: Brittany Wants to Get 'Wicked'
 Mar 20 2005, 08:48:14 PM
Mr. Tuttle 'been smokin' da crack!
re: Andrea McArdle - NYC - In Concert at Joe's Pub March 13th
 Feb 6 2005, 01:00:26 AM
Andrea is a CLASS act! I have been a huge fan since Annie. Have seen her on Broadway in her other performances and thought she was great as Belle.

I've also had the pleasure of meeting her at the BCEFA fundraising event (where I asked if she and her husband could give me a lift home on her motorcycle and she said she would if she had a side car!)
When she took a photo with me and signed it at this event she noted that her mom and I share the same name. She was very gracious and ta

re: WICKED - IDINA'S FINAL NIGHT - POST YOUR REVIEWS HERE
 Jan 9 2005, 10:33:31 PM

What an unbelievable experience. Very emotional.
I did manage to operate my camera(somewhat)during
the end to catch video of Idina coming onstage and
Joe Mantello/Idina's Speech. Mostly sound as the video
isn't clear from where I was sitting but you get the
emotional aspect of it.

If you want the .mov file, e-mail me privately.

A night I won't ever forget...

Andrea McArdle
 Oct 17 2004, 04:11:32 PM
I had the priviledge of seeing Andrea McArdle perform in Mamaroneck, NY last night and she was phenomenal.

She sang songs from a number of the Broadway shows she was in as well as some Broadway Classics. Everthing from Beauty and the Beast to Cabaret.

And of course she came back out and sang "Tomorrow" inviting two little girls on stage. That was very cute.

I spoke with her afterward and she is just as friendly and genuine as can be.

If you ever have the opp

Cruise Update -Friday night(actually it's now Sat. Morning)
 Jul 17 2004, 02:14:06 AM
Hello all,

All I can tell you is I'm going to need to sleep for a week when I get home!!

Jose - we had a great time in Key West and people were generally very nice. Some friends did tell me that a lot of drunken people on the Island were making stupid comments. I'm hoping they were all tourists though!

The private Island was great on Thursday and we spent the day at the beach having a big barbecue. I spent way too much time in the sun and now look like the lobster I

Rosie's Cruise and the Cast of Taboo
 Jul 15 2004, 02:03:26 AM

Hello all,

I am currently on Rosie's rfamily cruise and it's going great so far. I'll give a full report when I return. Most of the cast of Taboo is here and they have been singing at different times. Liz and Euan together(and solo) are fabulous!

Lots of great shows and things happening.

Don't know if any other board members here are on the cruise with me right now but I'm having a great time(although my arms
are starting hurt from two hours of kayaking in

re: Tony Awards
 Jun 12 2004, 12:07:11 AM
I recorded it on my Recordable DVD hard drive and will be dubbing copies.

If you are interested, send me a personal e-mail. Depending on the
response, I may not be able to make a lot of copies and may have to charge for the DVD's but you can always ask!

re: Tonight's Post-Tony Wicked - A Classy/Teary Act
 Jun 10 2004, 10:46:19 AM
Dawg, have you no heart,no soul, no enjoyment for the unexpected? We need to lighten you up a bit!!!

Unfortunately the 1,700 people in the theatre that night
disagree with you.

But there is always one.....

re: Idina's Moment...
 Jun 9 2004, 11:44:02 AM
Hi StevenD.

See my earlier post about this performance. I, too, thought it was Wonderful!

re: Tonight's Post-Tony Wicked - A Classy/Teary Act
 Jun 9 2004, 12:25:13 AM
The "It Looks like a TONY" reference was made about the mirror(which was new and shining brightly). It was clearly an homage to her win.
Tonight's Post-Tony Wicked - A Classy/Teary Act
 Jun 9 2004, 12:12:26 AM

Tonight's performance was incredible. A class act..

Idina was perfect. A real pep in her step. She added facial expressions and body movements I have never seen before and I have seen this show ALOT. She was on the money acting wise, vocally,etc.

Needless to say when Idina came out the audience went wild. She had to pause until the noise died down as you couldn't hear her lines.

The best part was when Kristin and Idina were performing "Popular"
and they are on Gl

re: Tonya
 Jun 7 2004, 12:28:19 AM

I found myself cringing at the amount of times her voice was cracking. I didn't enjoy her singing in her show but to sing that poorly live at an Awards event is quite an embarrassment. The people around me were
astonished that she even bothered going on.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You