Broadway Tattoos

yarn769fink034
#0Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:00pm

I am turning 18 next week and I'm getting a tatto.I know I want it to be B'way Related,but I need some help thinking of some.
Ideas I have had:the Angels in America logo."...if I'm flying solo,atleast I'm flying free..."."LOOK UP"
"And I am telling you...".
Thoses are just a few.
Also if you have any pics of Theater related tattos please post them.
Thanks.

trpguyy
#1re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:01pm

maybe the comedy/tragedy masks?

yarn769fink034
#2re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:07pm

No,i want something really Gay,no Offense,I am.hehe

Thenardier Profile Photo
Thenardier
#3re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:13pm

you want something gay?

Wax Lion Profile Photo
Wax Lion
#4re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:14pm

Wax Lion says that ANYTHING from broadway tattoo'd on your body will advertise your homosexuality, but the RENT logo would be cool. Or how about "Today 4 U, Tommorrow 4 me"? What about "OUT TONIGHT"? The WICKED logo? How about "Born to be a sissy" from The Wizard of Oz?

Love,
Wax Lion

Love4Cheno Profile Photo
Love4Cheno
#5re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:20pm

Make sure it's something that won't embarrass you when you're 50, providing you can make a very rough guess.

From what I hear, tattoo removal is painful.

http://preppylife.tumblr.com/

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#6re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:22pm

Pick something meaningful. Don't just get something that's going to please you now, get something that you know will please you when you're fifty.

I have discussed getting a Broadway tattoo and most definitely, it will probably be something from FOLLIES.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

Broadway_Bound_Star Profile Photo
Broadway_Bound_Star
#7re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:24pm

You could put...
Sodomy- its between god and me..
LOL

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#8re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:24pm

Hahaha! The RENT logo would be tres amusing no doubt.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

Mythus
#9re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:30pm

If you get the RENT logo, see if they can put it on your forehead.

ally_kay_on_broadway Profile Photo
ally_kay_on_broadway
#10re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:37pm

this post could not have come at a better time!! (im not a thread hog! promise! im just hyper and excited cause i never thought of posting it!)

i am also getting a tattoo this summer and want it to be theatre/broaway/music related- so far i have considered:
* a music staff with music notes on it climbing up from my ankle
*a treble clef (very average though)
*an eighth note with a heart as the dot/beat thingy

i'd love to hear some more suggestions/pics- and i'd LOVE telling people that BWW.com helped me find my tattoo!!! (same with yarn769 i bet!!)

thanks guys

"talent is wanting something hard enough to work for it" - my drama teacher :)

trpguyy
#11re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:39pm

After doing a Google image search for gay tattoos, thuis was the first one up. I'm not sure if it's quite what you're looking for.
hxxp://brittney.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/gayesttattooever.jpg

replace the "xx" in the hyperlink with "tt" I don't want the picture right in the thread
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 02:39 PM

Georgeanne Profile Photo
Georgeanne
#12re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:42pm

That just might be the gayest tattoo ever, trpguyy.

Hence the image file name.

Me, I like to live.
Me, I like to laugh.
Me, I like to love.

BwayBoy25
#13re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:42pm

ha

hear the beat...

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#14re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:43pm

How about SOLD OUT

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

ally_kay_on_broadway Profile Photo
ally_kay_on_broadway
#15re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 2:43pm

wow :|

"talent is wanting something hard enough to work for it" - my drama teacher :)

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#16re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:24pm

Get a small tattoo of Roger DeBris(chrysler dress) and have it say underneath...."KEEP IT GAY"

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 03:24 PM

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#17re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:34pm

Now THAT is an idea I like...Gary Beach tatoo'd on me with KEEP IT GAY underneath :)

kombatkoala
#18re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 3:54pm

You might want to wait about a month after you pick something. Make sure you love it and that it has meaning. That's what I did.

Suggestions though, I'd say take something from your favorite show and adapt it.

ghostlight2
#19re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:05pm

All kidding aside, yarn, you want to think long and hard about what you want permanantly inked on you. AllyKay on Broadway had some great ideas. The comedy/tragedy idea is also a good one, if not original - you could do a variation on them, maybe having the faces in the rainbow colours to incorporate your gay theme.

I'd recommend staying away from quotes or even logos of specific shows - what you like when you're 18, you may not care for even into your late 20s, much less 50s. As for the gay theme, while you might be out & proud (and you should be proud of that), you might find there are times when you might want to conceal that fact (for work, say, or not getting your a$$ kicked by some redneck).

In general, I'd say if you're determined to get a tattoo, go right ahead (I have several & love them all, but a great deal of thought went into all of them), but I'd advise you place the tattoo in an area that can be as easily hidden as it can be shown off.

And I'll second love4cheno, not only is tattoo removal painful, but also VERY expensive and often not altogether successful. you don't get nice clean skin back.

Good luck!

eta for luvliza: tattoos are painful - you are essentially creating a wound on your body that will have to be cared for as such. Anything involving a solid colour means the needle going over & over the same part of your skin til it's saturated. A typical tattoo about the size of a half dollar will take at least half an hour. I'd also like to add how sensible I think you guys are to do research & ask questions before you get this done.
Updated On: 7/5/05 at 04:05 PM

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#20re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:22pm

I really want to get the tattoo from Hedwig, but I'm so afraid of the needle. Does it hurt that much? I mean the tattoo wouldn't be that large.

Winokur_fan Profile Photo
Winokur_fan
#21re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:30pm

Luvlisa...if the idea of having needles poked into your skin over and over again doesn't scare a person, idk what would. But questioning if it'd be painful or not, why wouldn't it be? Again, the process of pushing needles into the skin over and over...ouch. Yeah, it'd hurt...but like they say: No pain, no gain!! And also, the less body fat you have on the area you are getting it done, the more it hurts. Not that I'm saying I'm against tattoos; I intend to get one some day soon.

~*~Fairytales do come true~*~ Keala Settle: Aloha, Sistah! It's all good...<3<3<3

luvliza89 Profile Photo
luvliza89
#22re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:37pm

Well, I have little to no body fat on my body. I knew there was a drawback to being skinny!

suddenlyseymour Profile Photo
suddenlyseymour
#23re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 4:43pm

get a portrait of someone you admire on broadway, but if it's your first one then wait till you get a couple more

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#24re: Broadway Tattoos
Posted: 7/5/05 at 5:00pm

What's with these tatoos? Do you realize you have to live with this for the rest of your life (assuming you don't have the $$$ and time to get a teen impulse removed later in life.) A crazy haircut will grow back in. A foolish decision to start smoking can be reversed (with a huge effort and low chance of long term success). A tatoo is pretty much forever? What's with this???