News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for The_Jackal

The_Jackal Profile Photo
Member Name: The_Jackal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: [title of show] Playbill cover
 Jul 4 2008, 02:26:08 PM
I adore their Playbill! Too cute!
re: Ace Of Cakes goes Broadway!!!
 Jul 4 2008, 02:24:07 PM
That Avenue Q cake is ridiculously cool. Actually, all of the cakes are pretty great.
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Jul 4 2008, 02:22:11 PM
I wish I could be in New York to see the show, but even though I'm not, I am so excited for [tos]!

We need lots of reviews from anyone who will be there!

re: Things you never realised and now feel dumb about.
 Jul 4 2008, 02:20:32 PM
I feel ridiculously stupid about this one, but in my defense, when I saw Rent, I was really pretty young and innocent, and I knew almost nothing at all about the show. I hadn't heard the score much and it was kind of tough to hear everything and I guess I didn't bother reading the playbill at all before the show. Well, at intermission, my mom said, "You know the one girl? I think that's actually a guy..."

Yeah, I had no idea that Angel was a guy in drag. I really was pretty young, if i

re: Funny 'Avenue Q' Quotes?
 May 3 2008, 03:17:19 PM
I love the Bad Idea Bears "Some days...I wish I was...DEAD!"
Also, it's not really a line, but I love the 15 minute intermission video...

Wow I love this show.

re: Words/phrases you learned from musicals?
 Apr 20 2008, 05:04:59 PM
I learned that B&E meant breaking and entering because of Jersey Boys.
re: My Fair Lady in LA
 Apr 12 2008, 01:06:09 PM
I really loved this production. I thought the production values were amazing and the performances were really great. "With a Little Bit of Luck" and "Get Me to the Church on Time" were two of my favorite moments. Such fun musical numbers. :)

But yeah, I totally agree about the Eliza/Higgins thing. I was sitting there thinking that them being together would have been kind of weird. I honestly really wanted her to end up with Freddy...though I guess you don't know quite what happens at th

re: Sondheim's Style: Questions & Retorts
 Apr 7 2008, 08:33:10 PM
There are moments of that in "Your Fault" from Into the Woods.
re: Earliest Musical/Theatre Memories
 Apr 7 2008, 08:27:34 PM
One of my earliest childhood memories is my dad playing The Most Happy Fella cast recording for me. I knew I didn't completely understand what it was, but I remember picturing little characters in my head singing the songs.

One of my earliest memories of actually seeing a show was seeing Peter Pan on tour and being absolutely terrified that Cathy Rigby's wire would snap and she would fall on me and kill me. Haha, I was an easily freaked out little kid, and I remember thinking it was a

re: Avenue Q cast recording
 Mar 31 2008, 07:58:42 PM
I was worried that I wasn't going to enjoy the show as much because I knew the cast recording so well, but I really enjoyed it. I don't think it was an issue for me.
re: Favorite shows that you haven't seen
 Mar 22 2008, 07:58:30 PM
The Last Five Years
[title of show]
Spring Awakening
Spamalot

re: Favorite shows that you haven't seen
 Mar 22 2008, 07:57:17 PM
The Last Five Years
[title of show]
Spring Awakening
Spamalot

re: Eleven O'clock numbers
 Mar 11 2008, 01:08:16 AM
One of my personal favorite 11 o'clock numbers is "Dirty Rotten Number" from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. :)
re: Tony & Tinas Wedding
 Feb 26 2008, 08:53:41 PM
I saw the show in Vegas, and I'm not sure that there is a specific dress code. I could be wrong, but I'm sure if you dressed like you would to go to a family wedding, you'd be fine. Of course, I'm not totally sure, so anyone please feel free to correct me if this is wrong information.
re: The [title of show] show - EXTRA!
 Feb 14 2008, 11:33:08 PM
Wow, that was seriously amazing. I was honestly starting to get worried that the video chain was going to get more confusing and intense. That was really pretty crazy...

Yay [TOS]S!

re: The Fantasticks - I didn't get it...
 Feb 11 2008, 01:48:56 PM
I saw a local production of it when I was younger, and I remember not liking it very much. Though I don't know, maybe with the right cast it could be better, I just didn't really get it.
re: Books you feel could be made into a musical...
 Feb 11 2008, 01:45:22 PM
My friend and I were talking once and we decided that they should make The Outsiders into a musical. Maybe with a sort of rock influenced score. I don't know, I think it could be cool.
re: Most and/or longest uses of strobe lights in a single production
 Jan 25 2008, 07:17:50 PM
I saw a production of Hair that used strobe lights during Claude's drug trippy sequence. I don't know if this is done in most productions, but I do know that it started to get to me after a little while...
'what's your favorite condescending question?'
 Jan 22 2008, 07:57:30 PM
I don't think it would be a total deal breaker, but I would definitely be slightly put off if someone said High School Musical...
re: A DISNEY MUSICAL I WOULE LIKE TO SEE ON BROADWAY
 Jan 22 2008, 07:44:46 PM
Yeah, I would absolutely love to Hercules on stage. I absolutely love the Muses' songs. Also, I agree that Anastasia could be really cool.

And the Aladdin show at California Adventures is actually really good, I think. That could be pretty awesome on Broadway.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You