News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for keen on kean

keen on kean Profile Photo
Member Name: keen on kean
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Nicole Kidman and Javier Bardem as Lucy and Desi?  Apr 25 2021, 10:01:04 PM

Bardem is just too old for the part. And Kidman too conventionally pretty.

Tickets Refunds  Apr 23 2020, 04:27:25 PM

Has anyone with April tickets to LEHMAN TRILOGY received their refund from Ticketmaster? They said it may take until MAy 10 but I'm just curious.

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 6 2020, 12:34:07 PM

I have a Lehman ticket for 4/15, too. Are they going to wait until the performance date for the refund?

Ads on the top of the chat board  Apr 6 2020, 12:29:26 PM

There is currently an ad popping up at the top of my chatboard page showing baseball caps with plastic shields. Adorable but pretty irresponsible. That will protect your eyes but does not prevent your inhaling aerosol sized droplets. Or exhaling them if you are infected. So as an effective safety measure right now? Nada. Just saying. (Not Rob's fault - )

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 6 2020, 12:26:36 PM

Isn't this up to De Blasio? (And if so, he is waiting as long as possible.) And the system has already presumably learned how to issue massive refunds when the first month's closure was announced. And yes - in the life and death scheme of things, this shouldn't matter. But money is tight for all of us, especially if we paid for these tickets months ago.

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 2 2020, 09:16:17 PM

Even assuming the show was prepared to proceed, it isn't clear to me that they could proceed during a state wide shut down of non-essential activities. The "official" cancellation is an excuse to delay payment.

WHEN WILL THEY ANNOUNCE  Apr 2 2020, 07:11:22 PM

I am grateful for my health and looking forward to Broadway coming back, but how can Ticketmaster/Nederland avoid refunds for April shows when there is NO chance they will go on?

Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 21 2020, 03:47:48 PM

Spouse and I went to the Wednesday matinee last week. I have described this production to friends as "the Hope Diamond in a damaged shoe box." This cast is so talented, and they are all multiple threats, acting and singing plus dancing and/or instrumentals. Mare Winningham is the stand out for me. I always knew she was a talented actress, but that voice? She got the two songs I was most interested in hearing, and she totally, beautifully delivered on both. She also had the best writ

Six or Girl from the North Country  Feb 21 2020, 03:38:42 PM

I haven't seen SIX but having seen TGFTNC I have to say: go see SIX. Girl was depressing and disappointing. The cast, especially the amazing Mare Winningham, is first rate, but the writing, direction, and use of the music never quite come up with anything original or involving. I loved the final song and the Doctor's final brief monologue: those moments had me sobbing. The problem was the 2 hours and 40 minutes before that. Several people in my row didn't come back from intermissi

WEST SIDE STORY reviews: opens Feb 20 2020  Feb 21 2020, 03:33:18 PM

I missed the last West Side Story revival and I was kind of looking forward to this one because Van Hove directed one of my all time favorite (VIEW FROM THE BRIDGE) and all time least favorite (CRUCIBLE) revivals. But I saw the coverage on Sunday Morning (?or 60 Minutes?) and the video made the dancers look like a flea circus. That alone convinced me that I would not appreciate the staging. I go to theater to see performances, not VistaVision projections.

Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 11 2020, 10:56:35 PM

I bought my Dylan fan spouse tickets to this for Valentine's Day. Is it going to be on the divorce papers as cruelty?

Favorite Shows of 2019  Jan 1 2020, 11:45:32 AM

Yiddish Fiddler

For non-musicals: a tie especially because of the great acting:

Betrayal

In the Height of the Storm

Worst Broadway Show of the Decade?  Jan 1 2020, 11:43:16 AM

Once.  Nothing else was even close.

Judgement Day @ Park Ave Armory  Dec 29 2019, 08:20:50 AM

I saw the RSC Romeo and Juliet at the Armory years ago. Thought the use of space was amazing - a Globe re-creation - but the performance was dreadful.

A New Decade Begins - What Are You Seeing in 2020?  Dec 28 2019, 05:18:24 PM

The new decade begins in 2021.

Hellinger Theater  Dec 25 2019, 08:12:43 PM

Several years ago if you could find the building super, they would let you into the theater during the day. I only got to see the lobby and the auditorium itself was dark, but I never got to see any theater there, so that was as close as I got to appreciating the interior.

CSC Assassins update  Dec 12 2019, 06:27:16 PM

Did not care for his approach to PACIFIC OVERTURES. Based on the awful Scottish Play and the unexciting plans for FRANKENSTEiN and DRACULA, I'll go to something else.

Diana on broadway. How will New York respond  Dec 9 2019, 11:16:44 PM

I cringed all the way through those lyrics.

BROADWAY Fan Gift demolished THEATRE Seat ARMREST / Repurposed as Ticket Holder  Dec 3 2019, 06:54:03 PM

It would be meaningful if the source of the item was known/provable. It's called provenance. Otherwise it could be from a movie theater in Scranton. (No offense, Scranton.)

West Side Story revival?  Dec 3 2019, 06:51:19 PM

Looks very two-dimensional to me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You