News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for alliesinger

alliesinger Profile Photo
Member Name: alliesinger
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COMPANY Returning December 20th, OPENING JANUARY 9th 2022  May 10 2021, 11:24:53 AM

I bought tickets for the first preview just now. Wasn't a prior ticket-holder.

And as for original cast being back... Gosh, I hope they are—but what a privilege to worry about individual actors again, rather than, you know, an entire production/industry...

FROZEN Previews  Feb 24 2018, 05:29:42 PM

LxGstv said: "Jakeevan942 said: "If anyone is looking for plans for this evening, there are a few dozen seats in the orchestra for tonight on Ticketmaster right now, mostly at $227, but some in the front row, unsold lottery seats perhaps, at $199."

Does anyone know how the first row is for Frozen?

I sat on the front row to the sidefor Something Rotten and it was awful. The seat that is.
"

I sat second row last night and it was

FROZEN Previews  Feb 23 2018, 11:38:30 PM

I highly recommend winning the lottery and sitting front row center for $30.

(You: Shut up, jerk, you just wanted to brag about winning the lottery.)

Bingo, kids. Bingo.

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!  Aug 29 2016, 10:01:55 PM

OK but seriously. Is there ANY chance of a recording of this? I'd buy it. It's a fundraiser -- they'd make so much money of selling the audio or video of the performance. Broadway HD maybe, at least? They could donate part of the viewing fee? How do we make this happen?

SHUFFLE ALONG Sets Sudden Broadway Closing After Audra McDonald Departs  Jun 23 2016, 11:13:31 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Audra's unborn baby just fired so many people. 

"

That poor child. He's going to be tired of hearing about this by the time he turns six. 

Waitress Rush Tickets  Jun 23 2016, 09:40:08 AM

Bump -- what's it been like going to the box office day-of lately? Is there a rush policy yet, or rumors of one?

HAMILTON Is Being Filmed With The OBC, So Everyone Freak The F*#k Out.  Jun 16 2016, 11:31:59 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "And this is not for Lincoln Center. 

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/theater/2016/06/16/lin-manuel-mirandas-last-show-july-9/85974870/

...but they ARE filming for Lincoln Center at some point (or have already), right?

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th  Jun 15 2016, 01:07:52 PM

neonlightsxo said: "alliesinger said: "Jordan Catalano said: "Roundabout should just go for broke and live stream LONG DAYS JOURNEY, while they're at it. 

LDJ where I can watch in my PJs and pause to go to the bathroom? Oh, be still my heart. 
"

Well, that exists: http://www.digitaltheatre.com/production/details/long-days-journey-into-night

LDJ *with Jessica Lange* where I can watch in my PJs and pause to go to the bathroom? Oh, be still my heart.

[neonlightsxo, always raining on my parade...]

Who is seeing a show tonight?  Jun 15 2016, 01:04:10 PM

RippedMan said: "Seeing The Father tonight! Excited! 

A couple years ago I bought a ticket to see Ripley after her Tony win. It was for Wednesday, but she ended up calling out for Tuesday, so I saw her first performance back. It was epic!

"

I saw The Father last night, too. No other performances to compare it to, but the applause for Frank felt more electric than usual. What an incredible performance.

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th  Jun 15 2016, 01:02:30 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "Roundabout should just go for broke and live stream LONG DAYS JOURNEY, while they're at it. 

LDJ where I can watch in my PJs and pause to go to the bathroom? Oh, be still my heart. 

OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2016, 10:09:44 PM

Did they plan on showing Carpool Karaoke, or did they have to cut something because of Orlando? It seems odd they'd spend time playing a video that's gone viral. 

OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2016, 09:50:36 PM

CarlosAlberto said: "On Your Feet's performance was incredibly sloppy. Gloria couldn't just let the cast shine on their own. How totally self indulgent. 

"

Eh, let her live. Didn't Carole join in when Beautiful was on the Tonys?

OFFICIAL 2016 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 12 2016, 09:27:54 PM

Great song choice by Bright Star -- watching with the parents, who aren't huge Broadway buffs but now want to know her story. (And love Steve Martin, so, there's that.)

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/29/16  Jun 1 2016, 09:35:33 AM

neonlightsxo said: "ZellMorrowsPledge said: "These replies are preposterous. Tesori and Kron's hardwork deserves to run forever."

Nothing about Broadway is about what a show "deserves." It's just about money, and Fun Home no longer is making any. Would I love Fun Home to run forever? Absolutely. But you also need to know when to let it go.

"

^This. Fun Home lived/is living a g

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/29/16  May 31 2016, 03:30:07 PM

The kids/family shows really jumped this week over last — maybe schools starting to let out for the summer?

Selling Hamilton Tickets for 5/31  May 31 2016, 03:21:55 PM

This sounds scalpy. 

BRIGHT STAR Rush  May 18 2016, 11:20:49 AM

Hairspray0901 said: "Rushed this morning for the matinee; didn't get there until about 10:10am and the line was very long. I got a mezzanine left box seat. Not sure what the view will be like but will report back :)

"

Left box views are pretty good!

Steve Martin at BRIGHT STAR 5/17/16  May 18 2016, 08:43:10 AM

Scarywarhol said: "I don't know how much publicity it could add without a guarantee of seeing him? So strange.

"

My parents, who come in once or twice a year to see a show, went ape when I told them he was there and said they had to buy tickets. I reminded my mom there was no guarantee he would be there again (and in fact probably wouldn't) but she didn't seem to care. It's the small chance of it happening again, coupled with

Steve Martin at BRIGHT STAR 5/17/16  May 17 2016, 11:41:57 PM

ChiTheaterFan said: "P.S.  I would take the phones recording the entr'acte over the people who wouldn't SHUT UP afterward any day. That was the only part that bugged me. 

"

Yup.

Steve Martin at BRIGHT STAR 5/17/16  May 17 2016, 10:05:33 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Can't watch the video right now but did he do the entr'acte again? If so, that's cool but it's relying on word of mouth still. If he wants to actively give the show a boost (though it's been steadily improving) I think he would need to step into a role where it could be actively publicized. 

"

Yes, the entr'acte tonight. I see your point, but I'm not sure how I'd feel about him

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You