News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HOUFlip04

HOUFlip04 Profile Photo
Member Name: HOUFlip04
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Charlie Rush Tickets  Jul 9 2017, 06:57:00 PM

I went to the box office after 1pm today to see if they had any rush tix for the 6:30pm show. The b.o. guy told me, "you should have been here this morning."

destruct0slinky said: "I was considering rushing this show tomorrow (7/10) but was wondering how rush had been lately. I wouldn't be able to get to the city until around 4 or 5pm. Would all the rush seats realistically be gone by then? 

"

Bright Star Rush Since Closing Announcement  Jun 21 2016, 10:34:31 PM

Got there at 7:30pm this morning. Third in line. Seats were row C extreme house right. Great show! Don't miss it.

FALSETTOS 2016  May 11 2016, 07:57:26 PM

I'm amazed nobody has mentioned Jennifer Simard for Cordelia. She posted a SnapChat with Janet Metz on Sunday and that's what brought up the idea for me.

2 Tickets to Clinton the Musical! FREE  Apr 4 2015, 11:22:55 AM

Hey guys,

Have 2 tix to Clinton the Musical for today's performance at 2pm. Message me if you want em!

Jason Danieley, Jessie Mueller & More Join NY Phil's CAROUSEL Concert  Jan 29 2013, 06:28:11 PM
Rehearsals start 2/11/13. Runs 2/27/13 - 3/2/13.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 28 2012, 07:50:40 PM
Heard the understudy for John Jasper, Spencer Plachy, went on for both shows today. Did anyone go and see him?
DEAD ACCOUNTS -- Preview Thoughts  Nov 7 2012, 06:33:20 PM
All the actors handled the mishaps with great professionalism that just added to their already great performances.
DEAD ACCOUNTS -- Preview Thoughts  Nov 7 2012, 05:46:55 PM
Today was the best show ever. During Josh and Norbert's first scene, the chair Josh is sitting in is falling apart. The back support came off, Josh tries to put it back on, but it just won't cooperate. So, Norbert takes it and throws it out the back porch. So, just left with the seat for the rest of the Act.

All going well until the last scene in Act 1 and Norbert shifts on that chair and the seat splits in two - but Norbert is still able to sit in it VERY CAREFULLY! After a LONG pause

Judy Kuhn Love Thread  Oct 26 2012, 01:39:21 PM
Did anyone see her as a board member on ELEMENTARY last night?
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Oct 21 2012, 07:51:55 PM
Wow! My vision is going.....nevermind!
Silence! at the Elektra  Sep 5 2012, 10:00:31 PM
September 9th has not yet passed. That is this coming Sunday.
The Nightingale Casting  Jul 23 2012, 04:53:31 PM
Sheik and Sater were in the audience, and Sater did stand up and add his thoughts and input. On Twitter he was quoted, in response to why an all-Asian cast (in a previous workshop) was changed to a multi-cultural cast, as saying, "We felt as white creators we couldn't fully tell the story."

And in response to that, David Henry Hwang (on Twitter) said that Sater's statement equated to "We couldn't see characters as fully human with an Asian cast."

The Nightingale Casting  Jul 10 2012, 06:01:20 PM
At least the "crap I spew" are things I stand behind, and didn't delete after saying them.

Sorry. You are right, dramamama. I am glad you pointed that out. I respected the fact that they did not say anything negative about the actors cast.

The Nightingale Casting  Jul 10 2012, 05:45:18 PM
Lizzie, I didnt post it either because of the same reason. I seem to recall an off topic post a couple years ago that just ended up in the same racist remarks. One was "cum of sum young guy". Don't know if it's around, because I requested it to be deleted.
The Nightingale Casting  Jul 10 2012, 05:40:58 PM
Really, Jordan? You called me racist before in another post. Pot meet kettle.
The Nightingale Casting  Jul 10 2012, 05:26:05 PM
AAPAC (Asian American Performers Action Coalition) Responds to "The Nightingale":

Though AAPAC is primarily concerned with Asian American representation on New York City stages, we felt the current Page to Stage production of "The Nightingale" at La Jolla Playhouse is relevant to our mission and warrants our attention. 

The story of "The Nightingale" is set in China. Of 11 cast members, however, only 2 are Asian American; the rest of the cast is made up of other races. We are d

TV: Roundabout Announces THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD Cast  Jun 28 2012, 08:59:11 PM
Oh, forgot I can't have an opposing opinion on here.
TV: Roundabout Announces THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD Cast  Jun 28 2012, 05:32:14 PM
Eh, a bit disappointed. With the casting of Chita, I thought it would be a more diverse cast. And besides that, there aren't any character actors compared to the original cast. Looks like another pretty, white cast to me.
Roundabouts  Jun 3 2012, 05:51:58 PM
According to the latest Equity Chorus Call breakdown, Drood previews October 19, 2012, opens November 15, 2012 and closes March 3, 2013.
Ricky Martin starting vocal rehearsals for EVITA  Aug 20 2011, 11:37:21 AM
Here's the rest of "Poor Warbling Star" (as best as I can remember):

Linda: "Where are my mikes?!??
Where are my 36 speakers and 46 microphones
24 tweeters and 96 megaphones
More wattage power than General Electric'll..."

Chorus boys: "Help her get through!"

Linda: "Aaand! 24 chorus girls singing the harmony
26 chorus boys singing the melody."

Chorus Boys: "And so the only for her to do..."

Linda: "...is fake through my obligato
S

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You