News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for shanescot

shanescot Profile Photo
Member Name: shanescot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Dec 21 2008, 01:47:06 AM
...the 59-year-old executive director of the company casts HERSELF as Shelby in a production of 'Steel Magnolias.' (True story...in Jackson, Mississippi...and the actors cast as Ouiser and Clairee were in their 30's...yikes).
re: Misheard Lyrics That Have Left You Puzzled
 Oct 30 2008, 01:41:13 AM
Speaking of misheard lyrics...
This is pretty hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x33PgKEgXwM

re: Blood Brothers/Parade
 Sep 7 2008, 03:33:52 AM
Concerning "Blood Brothers," I have heard several different recordings, but I feel that the 1995 London Cast Recording with Stephanie Lawrence is the best. That's just my personal preference. :)
re: Musicals in One Act?
 Feb 26 2008, 01:17:37 AM
Not the greatest show, but you could do "Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat." It's running time is pretty short if you do it as written (by not adding all of the extra dance breaks, etc.) . I've seen it as a one-act before and it actually worked. It was about an hour or so.
re: The original 'Triple Esepresso' closing after 12 year run.
 Dec 14 2007, 07:10:37 PM

re: Robert in 'Company'
 Aug 24 2007, 02:12:29 PM
He's in his early 20's, but a pretty mature guy.
Robert in 'Company'
 Aug 24 2007, 01:57:31 PM
I have a student who is extremely excited about a local theatre company's upcoming audition for Sondheim's 'Company,' This is a show that (I am almost ashamed to say) I know very little about. He says his "dream role" is Robert. What kind of advice can I give him, as far as audition songs go? He really just wants a great song that will allow him to be considered for that role. Suggestions anyone? Thanks so much.
re: vanessa williams question
 Aug 12 2007, 09:57:37 PM
She has an Emmy nomination for 'Ugly Betty!'
re: 'Disney's Aladdin: A Musical Spectacular' Help
 Aug 5 2007, 02:37:27 AM
Oddly enough, a while ago I bought and downloaded this album from iTunes. I just checked, however, and now it isn't being sold there anymore. Weird. The song 'To Be Free' sung by the character of Jasmine (originally an instrumental in the animated film) is the main reason I bought this-such a beautiful Menken melody. I know they sell it at the theme parks, but you might want to try one of those crazy Disney fan sites. There are tons of them, and those Disney fanatics seem to know where to find e
re: MULAN JR.
 Apr 15 2007, 12:57:08 AM
As a director who has worked with some of MTI's 'JR.' shows, I will tell you that they are pretty elementary and scaled-down quite a bit. Sometimes they add a few songs that are not from the original score (by different composers) that are less than great; however, the packaging and theatre information (i.e. stage directions, stage etiquette, etc) are good for the kids to learn as learning tools to further their education as actors. MTI doesn't have all of the information for this show posted ye
re: The Facts of Life: The Lost Episode
 Apr 12 2007, 02:34:29 AM
I would LOVE to see this. Sounds hilarious and totally inappropriate. Awesome.
re: Debbie Gibson Love
 Apr 8 2007, 03:06:35 AM
I saw her as Sandy in 'Grease' in London in the early 90's and thought she was great. One thing I have noticed about her that I like is how she embraces her past. She's not afraid to bust out 'Lost in Your Eyes' or discuss how cheesy the 80's were. She's usually the first one to point out how silly things were (i.e. her wardrobe) when she was a chart topper (Sometimes I wish Michelle Pfeiffer would just talk about 'Grease 2' and just have a laugh! It's OK to have made silly mistakes!). I like he
re: Adventures in Babysitting
 Apr 3 2007, 10:01:02 PM
That would be great, LoringsGuy! Elisabeth Shue SHOULD be in there somewhere!
re: Adventures in Babysitting
 Apr 3 2007, 09:58:25 PM
I LOVE the original, but I am a bit skeptical about a remake. I mean, with all of the 'political correctness' going on these days, I can't imagine them getting away with the humourous situations from the first one (A blues club full of African-Americans as a 'scary' moment for the kids?! That wouldn't fly in 2007...lol). I will probably go see it, though, and if Anthony Rapp makes a cameo, that would be awesome!
'Little Shop of Horrors' Complete Music Cue List
 Apr 3 2007, 09:54:38 PM
Does anyone have the entire musical list (including scene change/instrumental numbers) from beginning to end? I am just in need of the numbered cues for each song. If anyone has the numbered 'table of contents' for the complete score , I would truly appreciate your help. Thanks so much!

re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANALYSIS
 Apr 3 2007, 12:43:14 PM
Ok, so maybe I'm just sick in the head, BUT...I can't stop laughing because on my 'broadwayworld' home page, the preview box for the message boards has the abbreviated thread for this topic listed like this:

"HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL ANAL..."

Swear to God.

Alan Menken's song 'To Be Free' from Aladdin
 Apr 2 2007, 04:30:59 AM
I know that this song was featured as a solo for the character Jasmine in the 'Aladdin' show at Disneyland's California Adventure theme park...but has it ever been published as sheet music? I have looked eveywhere (including all of the usual digital sheet music web sites), but no luck yet. I was just wondering if maybe there was some obscure songbook I was unaware of that might include this piece of music. It's a beautiful song. Anyone know? Thanks.
re: Working on Cruise Ships
 Mar 31 2007, 12:32:24 AM
I worked for Carnival for a while and it was EASY and fun. All I had to do was perform 2 nights a week, and the rest of the time I was free to do what I wanted. Style-wise, the shows were very 'Las Vegas.' The money was pretty decent, too. If you're ready and willing to leave behind your life on land for a while, I highly reccommend it.
Weird Romance/'Eyes That Never Lie' Sheet Music
 Mar 19 2007, 04:15:27 AM
I am desperately trying to find the vocal selections for 'Weird Romance' by Alan Menken. I know the book exists, but everywhere I have tried informs me that it is out of print. 'Eyes That Never Lie' is the song I need badly. Anyone able to help? Thanks so much!!

re: High School Musical audition song help
 Mar 4 2007, 01:55:17 PM
"QUick question, I just saw a production of HSM here in St. Louis, and noticed they had back up tracke, since you're musically directing this show, do you have to use the back up tracks or do they offer you the scores for you to use? I didn't know if it is just too electronic so they don't even offer the scores, but I was just curious after seeing the show"

Joelbeans...
MTI does offer musical scores for 'High School Musical.' I have been using the Conductor/Piano Score for th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You