News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lawyerman

lawyerman Profile Photo
Member Name: lawyerman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: get the mayor involved
 Nov 19 2007, 08:24:23 PM
im all for further talks, but that analogy is pretty funny. clinton got the israelis and arafat to talk.

look how well that worked out.

not everyone can get along by just talking things out. it doesnt always work that way.

re: I 'went on strike' with Broadway...
 Nov 14 2007, 10:17:54 AM
roadguy,

uhm, what?

First of all, shows doing poorly are NOT due to bad scripts or boring shows. Thats ridiculous. But thats also entirely irrelevant to what I was saying.

Im simply saying that the idea that the producers are raking in loads of cash and are hoarding it from the stagehands is a complete fantasy considering many shows DO NOT BREAK EVEN, or barely do. You didnt bother addressing this point at all. I am lost as to what you meant by saying that producers

re: I 'went on strike' with Broadway...
 Nov 14 2007, 12:53:14 AM
I cant get over how manipulative the Union shills are.

I generally support Unions, I do, and I have little sympathy for those raking in millions of dollars from big broadway productions.

that said:
1. why are we pretending that every single show rakes in millions of dollars? the unions are trying to paint the producers as all Disney owning, Wicked running, Jersey Boys producing cash cows. Some are. But some are the producers who struggled to get Spring Awakening on stage

re: Any Plans to record The Glorious Ones?
 Nov 12 2007, 10:39:18 PM
Natalie Belcon HAS to record "my body wasnt why"

or someone could just cough cough get it to us some other way.

but if it dies in the newhouse theater, its a real crime.

re: The Glorious Ones, or The Natalie Venetia Belcon Show- review
 Nov 12 2007, 12:27:35 AM
see, as soon as the cast started singing i heard natalies voice and i didnt hear gary coleman- i heard Joanne Jefferson, the way her voice stuck out from the ensemble's in RENTs opening number.

but a few minutes of her in that obscenely busty costume, and the butch lesbian/gary coleman side of natalie was gone.

its about 9 hours later and i cant get "My Body Wasnt Why" out of my head. stunning.

The Glorious Ones, or The Natalie Venetia Belcon Show- review
 Nov 11 2007, 05:07:56 PM
just wanted to quickly write up my impressions of todays matinee of the Glorious Ones.

overall, I was pretty bored with many parts of the show, and while I am all for recognizing the roots of modern performance comedy, the play really beats you over the head with the point its trying to make. we get it.

there were some funny musical numbers, and some powerful moments too- but overall i was pretty underwhelmed.

the cast is good- some impressed me more than others, but n

re: THE GLORIOUS ONES Reviews
 Nov 6 2007, 03:12:57 PM
i can not tell you all how happy I am that Natalie Belcon is getting the credit she deserves- she was great in Ave Q, but I never thought that really highlighted her talent.

I remember wandering into the Nederlander expecting to see Danielle Lee Greaves' brilliant Joanne, and just being blown AWAY by this new face, Natalie Venetia Belcon. The most original, comedic, well ACTED Joanne I had ever seen- and such a voice!!

I want to see Glorious Ones for her (and that buxom dress)

re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
 Oct 29 2007, 08:14:34 PM
....but 1/4 of the theater was empty last week. not as good.

not that i think legally blonde is going anywhere. but comparing 75% attendance to 90%+ attendance doesnt make much sense.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/28/2007
 Oct 29 2007, 05:27:08 PM
I think its nice that Pygmalion went up 18%, and is doing well...

but why is the top ticket price $95? is that standard for roundabout?

re: The Farnsworth Invention First Preview
 Oct 20 2007, 09:49:29 PM
like nothing else i had seen. i really loved it. start to finish. has its weaker moments but aaron sorkin is such a brilliant writer...

jimmi simpson deserves major tony recognition and the plays script manages to provide laughs and some really poignant moments. their depiction of the big stock market crash in 1929 was particularly genius.

GO SEE THIS.

re: Farnsworth Invention & Cymbeline on TDF
 Oct 19 2007, 04:51:52 PM
GO SEE FARNSWORTH INVENTION.

i absolutely loved it. aaron sorkin is a genius and the play really moved me, very clever, original, great writing...

and my TDF seat was Row G, just left of the aisle.

DEFFF worth the $29!

re: A friendly reminder and tip for TDF members
 Oct 18 2007, 11:46:32 AM
i actually prefer when they mail them as opposed to showing up the day of.

but how was the show? where were the TDF seats located??

re: nikki snelson
 Oct 15 2007, 12:47:46 AM
what note of LBB's was scary? i heard she messed up the end of so much better but it sounded fine however they dubbed it.

re: Biggest Voice on Broadway
 Aug 20 2007, 08:43:59 PM
Shayna Steele.

re: Rent playbill 8/10
 Aug 16 2007, 12:47:47 AM
is Tonya Dixon still coming back?

re: Welcome Home Rapp & Pascal
 Aug 1 2007, 02:05:33 AM
All Mimi's do the cross thing- I think Daphne did it originally and Ive seen pretty much every Mimi since do it too.
Some follow it up with what i will call a "dead jesus" motion, some dont- i know Yassmin Alers and Dom Roy used to play dead for a sec there, it was kinda cute.

im still curious as to how Tamyra handles the glitter without any hair to store it in (pulls it our of her bra? kinda odd) and id also LOVE to hear what she sounds like! AHEM.

Jul 31 2007, 08:17:31 PM
I am so skeptical of those who loved Troy Horne's performance because Ive only heard terrible terrible things so far.

but just wanted to report that i was walking home tonight and I noticed an ENORMOUS line of people waiting to enter the Nederlander at like 715- stretching down 41 and around onto 7th Av

im surprised these boys are packing it in

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/29/2007
 Jul 31 2007, 09:58:41 AM
Im also surprised at how surprised everyone is re: Legally Blonde. Its a big smash hit with relatively great reviews, a built in fan base of teenage girls and law firm outings, and damn good attendance so far- 89% of the Palace, thats pretty big numbers.

congrats to em.

i am quite dismayed to see Grease is filled to 99% capacity before opening. just because that means it will be around for a long time, is critic proof...and grease is SO SO dull at this point.

i dont

Jul 31 2007, 12:14:45 AM
were there any understudies on?

Its a shame because Im sure this cast is great but I think of all the incredible talent that performed with the Fatones and Lacheys and MelB's and now the cast- which overall Id say is not at its best- gets to perform with the originals!

I love Merle, but Kenna Ramsey or Natalie Belconn would just rock out Tango Maureen with Anthony Rapp. And I would give my right arm to see Loraine Velez perform opposite Adam Pascal instead of whoever she was t

re: Laurents to Direct Bway WEST SIDE STORY Revival
 Jul 27 2007, 12:56:39 PM
Karen Olivo would make the PERFECT Anita.

I dont know about Mandy Gonzalez's acting but she could sing the HELL out of Maria.

Its a shame that there will be inevitable WSS and InTheHeights comparisons- and its a shame that so much latino talent is caught up in In The Heights this year!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You