News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayNYCGirl

BroadwayNYCGirl Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayNYCGirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Little Mermaid - A Disaster in the Making
 Aug 9 2007, 12:38:21 PM
I couldn't have said it better. My review was very similar to yours. LOVE the analogy of Star Wars with Prince Eric. I couldn't put my finger on it and you did it beautifully.
My Little Mermaid review
 Aug 7 2007, 01:32:16 PM
I went to see The Little Mermaid in Denver on Aug 3. It was a good show, but not up to Disney par yet. If anything, it reminded me of Tarzan. Warning, if you don't like spoilers, don't read ahead!!!!

Things I liked:

*The costumes (most of them) were stunning. Ursula's took the cake, however. Her dresses with the tenticles were very creative. The mermaid tails attached to the skirts didn't really bother me, but I had read some reviews so I was prepared. The fish costumes in 'Und

How does one become an usher?
 Jul 31 2007, 11:39:52 PM
I've looked on the union website and I can't find anything. I even looked on Backstage. Nothing. I think this woud be a great job and I'm curious how you go about applying. I know they're part of a union so I doubt I can apply at a theatre. Any help would be appreciated.
re: THE SHIP OF STOLEN DREAMS - A NEW MUSICAL
 Jun 28 2007, 02:18:12 PM
It sounds like an amazing show. It's funny cause I just learned about the St Louis when I went to the Holocaust museum in DC and I started to look up everything about it. I hope you get a producer and get to put it on. If you ever need a vocalist or actress, I'd love to be involved. The show and the story needs to be told.
Selling 2 Pirate Queen tix 5/30 mat
 May 17 2007, 01:25:52 PM
I am selling 2 Pirate Queen tickets for Wednesday, May 30th at 2pm. The tickets were originally $110 each, but I got them at a discounted price for $35 each. I'm selling them for $30 each so $60 for the both. They are in the center orchestra, row L, seats 105 and 106. VERY good seats! Please PM me if interested! Thanks.

re: Color Purple Rush Lately
 Mar 6 2007, 08:56:36 PM
I'm planning on rushing with friends on Sunday. I know the box office doesn't open til noon. Is that when the tickets go one sale too? I was planning on getting there between 9:30-10. Is that too early? I know we'll all freeze but hey, you do what you have to do.
Camelot website
 Feb 2 2007, 10:13:13 AM
Does anyone know if the new Camelot has a website or at least some place that lists where the tour is stopping? I live in NYC and I really would like to see the tour if it comes remotely near the city.
Apple Tree and Hiptix
 Jan 16 2007, 09:41:51 AM
I signed up for HipTix, but I don't understand how I get tickets. It just says go to the box office, but how do I prove that I'm a member?I guess an email was sent out when it opened, but I signed up maybe 2 weeks ago. Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Sally Brown quotes
 Oct 6 2006, 03:27:51 PM
I can't for the life of me remember this quote Sally Brown says in YAGMCB and I want to include it in a paper I'm writing. She says something about history and why doesn't want to learn it cause it's in the past and she wasn't there when it happened. Can someone help me get this right?

re: Tina Maddigan Fans Unite!
 Sep 27 2006, 09:50:22 AM
I adore Tina Maddigan. She is my favorite performer and SUCH a sweet person.
re: Love is what we do! - THE WEDDING SINGER appreciation thread.
 Sep 22 2006, 04:47:20 PM
No Amy wasn't there at Chatterbox. I assume it's caue she was sick. Cara has been going on for her.
 Sep 22 2006, 12:39:23 PM
Chatterbox was amazing! She wore a short skirt and had a lot of trouble sitting on the stool. She said she'd give us all croch and asked if Seth would trade with her. Seth made fun of her playing Scrooge in school and that she was a dragking. She went to an all girl's school and she was the only one who could do it.

Tina was talking about how she didn't know gays exisited til she got into college. She thought they were a rumor. HA HA She was also talking about at Sheridan (her college

Sep 19 2006, 11:01:09 PM
So, tonight was great! Matt Allen was very good as Sammy. His mullet was kinda weird, but it worked. He had good chemistry with Amy and did well on his vocals. He had a great moonwalk. When he said "tone your flab" he lifted his shirt to reveal a very nice 6 pack. Quite funny.

Angelique was on tonight for Adinah's role. She just does the bare minimum to get by. Her "fake pregancay" line was BAD! Shane was played by a swing I've never seen before.

During the Vegas scene, when Am

re: 'You're the one that I want' auditions
 Sep 15 2006, 04:30:16 PM
Well, since the auditions start at 8, I'd say get there early. I"m gonna leave around 4am to get there.
re: 'You're the one that I want' auditions
 Sep 15 2006, 10:58:41 AM
The audition are now posted on NBC.com. I'm going to try out. I'm gonna have to get there so early to be able to even get in, but it will be fun. :)
 Aug 29 2006, 01:29:59 PM
I just read on a message board that Kevin Kern is going on for Robbie tonight and that Andy Karl starts tonight. Can anyone confirm this?
re: Resolution for Tina's wedding dress...
 Aug 14 2006, 10:20:33 PM
Where did you get that amazing picture from? I love it. :) Tina's such a goof.
 Aug 14 2006, 10:19:05 PM
Phantom2- Thanks! I adore Tina!

SweetQin the Lights- Tina's pretty quick. I want to say a week or less, but since she's going on as Julia now and her schedule is going to be a little busier than normal, it might longer. But I bet she'll still send it to you pretty quick. :) Best of luck

Aug 14 2006, 07:24:07 PM
I got an amazing headshot and the sweetest note from Tina. She's a real sweetheart and you can just tell that she appreciates the letters and responds whole heartidly.
Hero from Babe
 Aug 5 2006, 12:30:34 PM
This song is on the Unsung Broadway CDs and it is gorgous. I know it's by Alan Menken and Debbie Gravitte sings it. Does anyone know of it or how I coud get the sheet music? I've looked everywhere and at the NY Performing Arts library. I figured maybe someone on here would know more about it. Thanks
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You