News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayfan4life

Member Name: bwayfan4life
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PHANTOM Current Tour vs Original
 Dec 29 2017, 04:29:43 PM
I Have seen both. My impression was that the new touring version was designed so that it could Play in smaller theaters or theaters that the original had to skip, because it could not handle the sets.

When the original went on its first national tour, every theater it played had to be altered to actually fit the production. There was a surcharge on the tickets, to cover the costs.

It appeared to me, that the new Touring production was designed specifically so that it could fit

Best ALW Shows?
 Jul 31 2017, 09:33:35 PM

I have seen School of Rock twice. I totally agree. It does JAM for sure. I also love how they expanded on the kids lives and why they were so effected by Dewey. It makes the ending really have meaning for them that the movie didn't.

Best ALW Shows?
 Jul 31 2017, 09:20:14 PM

The arena modern version of Jesus Christ Superstar is available on CD. Filmed about two years ago. It is updated and uses current themes very well. It is an excellent version. I recommend you get it. I have seen all versions of the show and the music will stay with you long after seeing it. Also on Easter next year their will be a live version on NBC. Curious to see which version they choose. 

Who should host the 2016 Tonys?
 Jan 11 2016, 09:09:38 PM

Idina Menzel and Lea Michelle should co-host. They could play the mother daughter part a bit and parody playing each other's characters. And just think of a duet here or there.

How is Adam Monley as Javert?
 Jan 11 2016, 09:03:03 PM

Saw him as well, he does the part justice and with dignity.  Norm Lewis version will always be a hard act to live up to. But seeing Alfie, priceless. Also the actor that plays Marius will be a star.

The play or musical didn't do so well, but the movie adaptation was a hit
 Jan 11 2016, 08:55:13 PM

Have you seen the arena production of Jesus Christ Superstar available on DVD, spectacular,

Heading to New York Feb 12 - 16
 Dec 30 2015, 04:29:30 PM

School of Rock, you will still be thinking about it long after your trip. Also don't blow the chance to see the original cast. It will be the hilight of your trip.  I saw it on Dec 22, my first trip back to New York in ten years, it was.a Last minute choice and I am already planning a trip back in Feb for my birthday to see it again. 

FIDDLER ON THE ROOF Reviews
 Dec 28 2015, 09:35:33 PM

The dance numbers are the best part. The rest is a little boring to those that have seen it before. For a newcomer, it would be a great experience, the show itself is Broadway legend and for good reason.

SCHOOL OF ROCK's Tonys Appearance
 Dec 28 2015, 09:29:50 PM

Great song, it not only tells a part of the story that was lacking in the movie, it tugs the heartstrings and gives the audience a chance to bond with the kids. You almost want to go up on the stage and give each one of them a hug. The song itself also gives you chills and you could listen to it again and again. 

re: Favorite Set Designs
 Dec 28 2015, 07:54:00 PM

I know this is going to sound strange but the set design for the original Jeckle & Hyde before it's Broadway debut. It actually toured the country before it went to Broadway and it was quite impressive. They changed it quite extensively for the Broadway stage.

SCHOOL OF ROCK's Tonys Appearance
 Dec 28 2015, 07:23:01 PM

I would say Your In The Band, it gives a nice idea of how the show has taken the movie to a new level. Any song would do it justice. I saw the show last Tuesday and still can't stop thinking about it. This is Broadway at its best, this show is Amazing. The most impressive cast on one stage that I have seen in a long time. Thank You to everyone involved for an evening that I will never forget. Go see this show.

Les Miserables Movie Auditions/Casting Info
 Jan 18 2012, 04:58:16 PM
What is strange is that if they really wanted Taylor Swift, they should have offered her the role of cossette. Her music and the characters that she has potrayed in her vidoes are very similar to the shy innocense of Cossette. As far as Nick Jonas, He played Marius on the London stage, so he already had a connection to the role, giving their decision some credibility. He also looked and fit the part personality wise, making it believable.

Jan 18 2012, 03:50:29 PM
I just had a thought. It has been a couple of weeks since the story broke that TS was offered the part and yet their has been no information regarding either her accepting the role or wanting the part. Is it possible that the producers, because they were pressured by the studio to cast her, put this out there to get public reaction and if it doesn't go well, it allows her to save face by declining leaving them free to cast the person that they wanted for the role.
 Jan 18 2012, 02:53:37 PM
I hope you are right, at the end of the day, even if she can sing the part and act the part, and I am not commenting on either, she is about as opposite of the character as you can get.
Jekyll and Hyde Touring Again
 Jan 18 2012, 02:33:07 PM
I also wonered if it was the size of the theatre, but I did hear it was what you stated. Sad really, because the broadway version was quite boring after seing the tour. I often wondered how or why they would do that. It might still be running today if it had not been changed.

Jan 18 2012, 02:25:38 PM
I can't agree more, especially after seeing Lea on Glee last night. Her tears as she was singing, she looked just like Eponine and it was just another example of how much the movie will be missing out on.
 Jan 18 2012, 02:17:38 PM
I saw the pre-broadway tour in New Orleans shortly before it went to broadway. The effects and stagiing where amazing. In addition to the the scenes mentioned, the one I will never forget is the scene when Lucy was killed, everthing was white and when Hyde stabbed her, the blood was all over, you could hear the reaction all through the audiance.
 Jan 18 2012, 01:45:46 PM
I hope they do the original pre-broadway tour version. It was amazing.
Les Miserables Film
 Jan 18 2012, 01:11:49 PM
I was pleased when I heard that they are going to sing during filming, I think this will really add to the emotion. That was one of the problems with the phantom moive in my opinion.
re: Michael Longoria
 Mar 23 2007, 09:32:04 AM
cubanpab, glad I could be of help. I hope you enjoy the show, I saw it back in November right after it first opened, it is truly a great production and a great night at the theatre.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You