News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwaygal1

bwaygal1 Profile Photo
Member Name: bwaygal1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Greatest Musical Actress of this Generation - The Bracket  Apr 22 2009, 03:40:34 PM
Tonya Pinkins-10
Sherie Rene Scott-19

Alice Ripley-15
Marin Mazzie-14

re: Name 5 Broadway Divas You Love!  Apr 18 2009, 10:42:30 PM
Christine Ebersole
Alice Ripley
Sherie Renee Scott
Bernadette Peters
Chita Rivera

re: What should I rush tonight?  Apr 17 2009, 03:44:39 PM
I don't think it would be that problematic for this show to sit in the box, wicked. Rush interacts minimally with the audience; he comes down and talks to them and walks through the orchestra. And most of the action takes place center stage so it's very easy to see. It's so good I'd really recommend it. (I'm going back once more before it closes. It's amazing.) Who knows? They may give you something other than box seats. Just give it a try and see what happens.
re: What should I rush tonight?  Apr 17 2009, 12:39:02 PM
Loved Exit the King. It's really good and well worth the trip. I don't know if they'll have any rush seats one hour to curtain but it's worth the try. It's a great show. Geoffrey Rush is terrific.

Blithe Spirit will probably have rush one hour to curtain and it's fun. Mary Stuart will too I think and I enjoyed it as well.

Of those three I'd say go to Exit the King first then Blithe Spirit then Mary Stuart.

Have fun!

4/12/09 - Our nominated performers? (In order of winning probability)  Apr 16 2009, 11:00:07 AM
I think Billy Elliot, 9 to 5 and Next to Normal are locks for the Best Musical category (and I would hazard best book and score). 4th nominee will either be Shrek or Rock of Ages.
re: NEXT TO NORMAL reviews  Apr 15 2009, 03:27:50 PM
Mezz row D seat 2.
4/12/09 - Our nominated performers? (In order of winning probability)  Apr 15 2009, 12:15:51 PM
I don't think 9 to 5 will get all those awards either, Elphie. I think Alice Ripley will win. I do think one of the ladies could take featured actress. Billy will get musical (although in my heart I'd love to see Next to Normal take it) and Lee Hall will get best book. I don't doubt that Dolly Parton has a shot at score although again Next to Normal has a chance.
4/12/09 - Our nominated performers? (In order of winning probability)  Apr 14 2009, 04:10:45 PM
theaterguy-Angela Lansbury has her own bow at the end of the curtain call at "Blithe Spirit" and she's been ruled featured actress. So yes, the other two actresses could be considered featured. I am sure they are going to try to push Allison Janney into leading and the others into featured.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Apr 14 2009, 02:33:30 PM
SNL-I love Billy Elliot too but I feel more passionately about Next to Normal. It really would be neat to see it do what Avenue Q did and beat the bigger shows. (Has anyone considered that 9 to 5 and Billy Elliot could split the vote? I thought about it-not out of the realm of possibility.) I think best actress should really go to Alice Ripley and hope the voters agree.

Here's hoping!

re: 'Next to Normal' Rush  Apr 14 2009, 12:42:43 PM

re: 'Next to Normal' Rush  Apr 14 2009, 12:32:26 PM
I'm guessing it might be because there are people from the press and other guests there. I bet it will go back to the way it was after tomorrow. (Friday would be the next performance.) We really can't complain-the people around us who didn't rush paid a lot more than we did. I still say it's the best deal in town. (I'm biased of course.)
re: I'm ready for a revival of THE SECRET GARDEN  Apr 9 2009, 12:26:50 PM
I think Doug Sills and James Barbour would be perfect in the roles of the brothers. I kind of picture Archibald as a tall person. (perhaps that is because both times I saw it the person was tall-once I saw Mandy the other, then I saw Howard McGillin)

I think Kelli O'Hara or Jennifer Hope Wills would be inspired choices as Lily. (Jill Paice would also be good or perhaps Erin Davie?)

As for Dickon and Martha I don't know. I guess I saw Alison Fraser in the role and can't picture

re: Feldshuh out of IRENA next Wednesday 4/8; Benko in  Apr 9 2009, 12:17:10 PM
I will go see it if she goes on again. I worked with her in a theater company. She's a lovely and talented person. I wasn't able to make it last night. She does seem awfully young for the role. She's got to be twenty years younger than Tovah. I wonder how that comes across on stage. I'm sure she did really well.
re: What is your favorite new play this season?  Apr 9 2009, 11:17:28 AM
I know it's a revival but Exit the King was really good. (Can't say about God of Carnage. I may break down and get a standing room even though I have an awesome seat for 6/3 that I'm planning on using.)

re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Apr 9 2009, 11:16:18 AM
On a whim last week I went five minutes to curtain and got E1 in the orchestra for $25. So I was very happy with that.

Boydownstairs-what time did the first person get there today? Any idea?

I am just so hooked on this show. I'm about to put the recording back on.

Can't wait to see it again!

re: Show tonight?  Apr 7 2009, 12:37:14 PM
Next to Normal is incredible. I also enjoyed Exit the King.
re: Next to Normal Appropriateness?  Apr 7 2009, 12:36:16 PM
I don't think it's much more objectionable than anything on TV. The pot smoking and the swearing are the only really objectionable material. But I saw people there with children who couldn't have been more than twelve. If you explain the material to her beforehand I think it should be okay. Also check and be sure your parents are comfortable with you bringing her to this. That should gauge your decision too. It is an intense show but if she's as sophisticated as you say it might appeal to her.
re: Dating playbills?  Apr 3 2009, 02:06:51 PM
Both opening and closing night playbills have dates on the title page, where the cast and creative is credited.
re: Next to Normal and the marketing of other shows  Apr 3 2009, 12:22:44 PM
I did see it on NBC during the Today Show-at least twice during the 30 minutes I was watching.
re: 'Perfect for US': The NEXT TO NORMAL love thread!  Apr 2 2009, 11:04:23 AM
I thought perhaps they would. The theater is large enough that I'd think they would sell the rear mezzanine at least.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You