"Next to Normal" Rush

MiracleElixir Profile Photo
MiracleElixir
#1"Next to Normal" Rush
Posted: 3/24/09 at 2:31am

Don't know if this is new information, but I couldn't find a thread about it -- from Telecharge:

Rush Seats: $25.00 - Available at the Box Office only on the day of the performance - Subject to availability.

It doesn't say "Student" Rush, but I'd imagine it is.

KingKong
#2re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/24/09 at 2:43am

I hope its not a student rush, cause well I'm not a student anymore, but I still have my student ID and I still look the same as I did when I took the picture.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#2re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/24/09 at 9:25am

I'm 99.999% sure it's a student rush.

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#3re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 3:22pm

Has that listing been removed?

There isn't anything on the Telecharge page for the show about a rush policy.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 3/27/09 at 03:22 PM

KingKong
#4re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 3:29pm

its under the getting tickets sections, near the bottom under special ticket offers: "Rush Seats: $25.00 - Available at the Box Office only on the day of the performance - Subject to availability."
Getting Tickets

Luckydave14
#5re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 3:48pm

This is on the new Next to Normal site..

A limited number of rush tickets are available for $25 each starting at 10am (noon on Sundays) on the day of the performance at the box office only.
Limit 2 tickets per person.

KingKong
#6re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 3:52pm

I was just gonna post that. So it looks like its general, not student rush.

TheBoyDownstairs Profile Photo
TheBoyDownstairs
#7re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 5:52pm

I really hope it is a general rush and not just a mistake on their website considering I haven't been a student for 6 years now.

somethingwicked
#8re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 5:56pm

I had a friend who works near The Booth ask about the specifics of the plan for rush tickets this afternoon.

The man at the box office reiterated the policy on the website but specified that it is a student rush. He wasn't sure where the seats were or whether or not they would issue 1 or 2 tickets per ID.

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

KingKong
#9re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:01pm

I'm going to trust the website because box office workers are notorious for not knowing rush policies before they are put into effect.

somethingwicked
#10re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:05pm

Believe what you want, but the person who asked specifically asked whether or not it would be a student rush because nothing was specified on the website.

The man said that although the listed policy was ambiguous, it would be a student rush (which is in line with almost every other Broadway show currently offering rush tickets.)

The only thing he didn't know was how many tickets per ID would be allotted, although he said he assumed it would be two.

somethingwicked
#11re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:05pm

double post

Updated On: 3/25/09 at 06:05 PM

KingKong
#12re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:10pm

The listed policy is NOT ambiguous. If it was a student rush, it would specify that it was a student rush. The people it would ambiguous to would being people who can't read. you said yourself the box office person didn't know if it was 1 or 2 tickets. it says on the website, 2 tickets. so its clear the guy at the box office is poorly informed. Unless it says student rush, i will demand rush tickets when i attempt to rush the show and they try to tell me otherwise, because the policy is now in writing.

taylorPHENOMENON2 Profile Photo
taylorPHENOMENON2
#13re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:10pm

Just got the update from facebook. It is, like others have said, 2 per ID.

So excited.

somethingwicked
#14re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:23pm

Go ahead and "demand" tickets and see what you get, KingKong.

The policy says rush tickets. By offering student rush tickets, they're still following what they have said in writing (as you so vehemently plan to attest to.)

As much as they don't specify that you need to be a student to get them, they don't exactly say anyone can get them either. They can hold you to just as much of a technicality as you plan to hold them to.

If you don't have the requisite ID, the box office staff will turn you away and let you throw a tantrum outside the theater. Have fun.

Updated On: 3/25/09 at 06:23 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#15re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 6:54pm

Well, according to the article above ^^ it is a general rush, open to everyone -- but I paraphrase.

Enjoy, KingKong!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

somethingwicked
#16re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:13pm

If it's a general rush, fantastic!

I'm just repeating what the box office said. To go to the extreme of "demanding" something based on a vague description put on the website is downright ridiculous, but I guess any enthusiasm is still enthusiasm.

Regardless, I hope people enjoy the show no matter how they see it.

Updated On: 3/25/09 at 07:13 PM

AndAllThatJazz22
#17re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:16pm

Well somethingwicked, it does say on the website that it's "A rush", not "a student rush". If it is a student rush, does anyone think that they'll take high school ID's. If what schmerg said about the teen geared advertising is correct, there is a decent chance that they will take student ID's.

"There's nothing good on. The media hates Christmas. The media loves vampires, though. Maybe they will show a Twilight Christmas."
-Danmeg's 10 year old son.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#18re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:19pm

Per this article it's GENERAL ~ "available to ALL partons".

next to normal rush

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#19re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:24pm

Oh wow.

Guess that .001% was right.

KingKong
#20re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:26pm

There is nothing "vague" about what is on the n2n website, again, the only people it would be vague to are those who lack the ability to read and understand english.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#21re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:29pm

Agreed KingKong. In not explicitly stating "Student Rush" as every other show that has Student Rush does, the inherent implication was that it is a General Rush. Which we clearly see from the new article it is.

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

TheBoyDownstairs Profile Photo
TheBoyDownstairs
#22re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 7:34pm

Thanks for posting that link Jordangirl! I'm gonna see if I can sneak away from work for a few mins on Fri and try to get some rush tickets for Friday night

yay_gerb Profile Photo
yay_gerb
#23re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 10:31pm

of course the day i buy a ticket for this show they announce a rush about an hour or 2 later. happy for this tho i hope its a general rush. even tho they posted it on BWW they also posted that eden espinosa was going to be in Hair. so you never know.

BROADWAY IMPACT!
TAKE ACTION! EQUALITY!
http://www.broadwayimpact.com/

KingKong
#24re: 'Next to Normal' Rush
Posted: 3/25/09 at 10:33pm

BWW was't the only place to post the she was going to be in hair, that was done by everyone after the producers announced it without making sure she had said yes.