News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peanut2

peanut2 Profile Photo
Member Name: peanut2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: How do you feel about Mel Brooks as a composer....
 Jul 1 2007, 07:58:42 PM
i met frank wildhorn during previews of Dracula, i was astonished at his "composing" non skill, also. After having read your comments, I totally AGREE. There is NO excuse...this guy Wildhorn explained that he taps out a melody on the keyboard, doesn't read music, has "people" that arrange and transpose for him (paid, of course). As a musician myself, I can not help but be totally unimpressed. However, on the other hand, some of the greatest musicians and composers on earth never had formal t
re: YF Tickets...
 Jun 30 2007, 03:07:05 AM
have fun, suckers! Right, THEY are doing us a favor by charging over 60.00 for the last row in the balcony!? Have fun, suckers!
re: How do you feel about Mel Brooks as a composer....
 Jun 29 2007, 07:17:17 PM
i love you Triumph !
re: tcm - boys in the band
 Jun 27 2007, 01:08:54 AM
yes, it was quite thrilling....i had forgotten that Friedkin had directed. I believe this was before "French Connection".
It's also disturbing that most of that cast has died since....

tcm - boys in the band
 Jun 27 2007, 12:25:35 AM
anyone see it last night - about 3 am? Wow! I had not seen the play Or THE MOVIE FOR 30-35 YEARS! Brought back memories...
and I'm a straight woman (doesn't mean anything), except I LOVE that play. Still holds up for me. So much humanity, no matter who you are....

re: Mark Hellinger Theatre
 Jun 26 2007, 09:07:51 PM
Wow ! Thanks. NOW I remember....
re: Mark Hellinger Theatre
 Jun 26 2007, 04:38:57 PM
worked there as an usher from 76 - 88. Fabulously beautiful place. As I remember, the lobby was round with pillars and a beautiful mezz lobby overlooking the lower lobby. The colors at the time were pink and sky blue, which I thought was GREAT !!
Haven't been in there recently, but heard that it looks great. A shame it's not a bway theater anymore!!!

re: Magical Thinking- beginning of July?
 Jun 25 2007, 09:04:43 PM
...just out curiosity, what age range are you in? This material is sooooooo difficult, especially if one has any personal baggage to bring to it, even unconsciously...
The issue lies in the definition of 'mainstream'
 Jun 25 2007, 03:04:26 PM
very insightful
re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
 Jun 23 2007, 01:47:11 AM
...hate to be jaded, but...it's entirely possible (and probable) that these "kids" (thugs) are paid off by the scalpers. Having been around a long time, i'm afraid that one can never be naive about this kind of situation. We're talking BIG BUCKS here, and unfortunately, horrible things are perpetrated in the name of money..
re: BEWARE of JERSEY BOYS Rush (Not a Normal Rush Thread)
 Jun 23 2007, 01:13:23 AM
This is an incredibly horrible story, and Jujamcyn (theatre owners) should be contacted by everyone involved regarding this incident. The scalpers and greed, I believe are at the crux of this. The police took 15 minutes, and a station is on 48th ST?
Perhaps an outside security camera should be installed??

re: custom playbill binders?
 Jun 21 2007, 05:42:38 AM
pHOTO POSSIBLE? tHANKS.
re: IDOL: The Musical????!!!
 Jun 21 2007, 05:40:34 AM
I hate the show, however, I can possibly imagine a pretty good, creative book writer and an ingenious "twist" to the characters could possibly make for a quite satirical, snarky night of theater! The judges, an allegory for ------what?
The singers, the greek chorus commenting on the action, the fallen hero, blah, blah, blah....
Costumes by Bob Mackie
Lighting by peggy eisenhower
Sets by tony walton
he offstage voice of: The BlACK tee SHIRT devil: PLAYED BY:

Jun 20 2007, 10:47:14 PM
Thanks for your reply..i, too have many playbills of diff. dimensions. I'm working on a project (in the beginning stages).
will keep you informed.

Jun 20 2007, 10:45:01 PM
thanks for your reply...i'm working on a project, but it's just in the beginning stages...will keep you informed
re: So....on a scale of 1 - 10.........
 Jun 20 2007, 07:03:24 PM
triumph the comic insult dog 10
actual tony's 0

custom playbill binders?
 Jun 20 2007, 06:20:58 PM
...throwing this out for mktg. purposes? Would anyone who visits this site and collects playbills be interested in custom sized, and personally designed, reasonably priced playbill binders? Let me know what your preferences might be, either for binder cover art or (how many pages) for inside vinyl inserts. Thank you..
re: Elvis People
 Jun 19 2007, 02:41:07 PM
curious...just what exactly was wrong with it? Synopsis, please?
Elvis People
 Jun 19 2007, 01:45:55 PM
has anyone seen" Elvis People"?
re: BD Wong Taken to Hospital Mid-Show @ Williamstown
 Jun 17 2007, 05:26:14 PM
i was wondering the same thing, as i am a pianist,and looking at my piano right now cannot see any really sharp edges. That's some gruesome accident. I hope he's OK.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You